Featured Thread
2LT the way to go and then add on - I don't like alcantra myself. Did you get the MRC? I guess the sport exhaust comes with the GS awa the carbon fiber interior trim. Z07 more if going to track the car - I wouldn't order. Lets see pics when it arrives.

For me it’s 3L and Z07. Love the alcantara.
So to each his own. Absolutely nothing wrong with an up optioned 2L but it’s certainly not the only way to go. 😃

Well I’m building my z51 to z06. It’s been fun but 1 supplier I’d stay away from is Weapon X they are amateurs from Canada be weary of them.
Caravaggio Corvettes in Vaughan are an incredibly well run with high end products made in house from custom leather and stitching to carbon fibre; mirrors, hoods, splitters, side skirts, they have custom wheels custom paint just great stuff. I’m not an owner just a client.
He’s doing my z51 to z06 body upgrade.
Rob at Champion Motors is doing the LT4 swap.
Wow, that's quite an undertaking. Why not just sell the z51 and buy a z06? I can understand that for some people it's a hoppy (me personally) to modify the car. I'm having G2 coilovers, light weight Katech flywheel, DSS carbon driveshaft and LG quiet end links put on from Dave at Race Ready, also silicone rad hoses with a 180C LMR stat and housing. I guess we like our cars a specific way that GM just won't do.
Keep us updated on the progress, sounds awesome.

so.. dealer called me and told me April 22 build week. once its built, how long do you think it will be for delivery?

I am so excited....

My order (GS, 2LT, M7, blade silver, red & black 2-tone guts plus a couple of extra frills) went in last November, build week was March 11 and car arrived at Humberview in Toronto on Friday (April 5th) afternoon. I will pick up next week if the weather is reasonable. Pictures are of its twin in the showroom at Gateway in Brampton last fall.
20181031_170456.jpg
20181031_170528.jpg

So to each his own. Absolutely nothing wrong with an up optioned 2L but it’s certainly not the only way to go. 😃

I also like the alcantra. The 3L Napa leather upgrade is a nice touch too... smells better..lol... And although I got the price I wanted on trade for my C6, the sales line was "Well...keep in mind your C6 is only a 2LT". At the end of the day, you are correct though Derek... to each their own cause it's still a Corvette and it's still damn sweet no matter what the trim and option level. :thumbs:

Do you track your car? If no, I would suggest that the Z07 pkg. does or will mean nothing driving 120 km on a hwy. Alcantra - yuk - but, as you say, to each his own. The extra $10K or $11K for ceramic brakes and some body kits does nothing for me - but, the fact you like it is great man - enjoy!!! I have only 9500 km on my 2016 - so, a big waste of $$ for me to get other than what I have, which is awesome!! To be honest, I saw my car in a dealership and fell in love and bought it: 2LT with all the right options. I wish it had been 2017 and a GS; but, very happy - let the driving begin.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
Do you track your car? If no, I would suggest that the Z07 pkg. does or will mean nothing driving 120 km on a hwy. Alcantra - yuk - but, as you say, to each his own. The extra $10K or $11K for ceramic brakes and some body kits does nothing for me - but, the fact you like it is great man - enjoy!!! I have only 9500 km on my 2016 - so, a big waste of $$ for me to get other than what I have, which is awesome!! To be honest, I saw my car in a dealership and fell in love and bought it: 2LT with all the right options. I wish it had been 2017 and a GS; but, very happy - let the driving begin.

I actually owned a 15 3LZ without the Z07 and it was great. However, I wanted the stage 3 aero on my new one so went with the Z07. I haven't tracked the 17 but really enjoyed the Z07 brakes at Spring Mountain. As I am on my 3rd Z06 (13 2LZ, 15 3LZ and 17 3LZ Z07) it was a progressive thing to just migrate to the top of the line car; which I do not regret for a second. I was the happiest guy on the planet the first day I drove my 13 2LZ....and again with the 15... and again with the 17.
Really these cars are fantastic in all trim levels and these little details in options are not important to some for practical or financial reasons. What's great is you can get into a sweet new Corvette for anywhere between $55ish K to $135 K. (leaving out the ZR1)

Reactions: ccltj
I actually owned a 15 3LZ without the Z07 and it was great. However, I wanted the stage 3 aero on my new one so went with the Z07. I haven't tracked the 17 but really enjoyed the Z07 brakes at Spring Mountain. As I am on my 3rd Z06 (13 2LZ, 15 3LZ and 17 3LZ Z07) it was a progressive thing to just migrate to the top of the line car; which I do not regret for a second. I was the happiest guy on the planet the first day I drove my 13 2LZ....and again with the 15... and again with the 17.
Really these cars are fantastic in all trim levels and these little details in options are not important to some for practical or financial reasons. What's great is you can get into a sweet new Corvette for anywhere between $55ish K to $135 K. (leaving out the ZR1)
Hey, you are bang on and that is the beauty of owning a corvette; especially the C7 which is an amazing car to drive. I paid, I guess $86K and it had everything I would have ordered. If it had been a Z06 in this color combo (2LZ), I probably would have bought it - who knows? But, as you say, this car is just a blast to drive. It is my 4th: C3 red targa, C4 collectors edition vert, & 03 C5 vert which I traded in on my current car - enjoyed them all.

• Agree
so.. dealer called me and told me April 22 build week. once its built, how long do you think it will be for delivery?

I am so excited....

Keep in mind that Bowling Green has just in the past week or so resumed making shipments north. My 2019 Z51 was ordered on July 9th, was built on Wednesday, August 15th, and was delivered to my dealer in Port Hope, Ontario on Tuesday, August 21st. Note the following order codes.
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
When your order goes 4150, your dealership is invoiced. Your vehicle will normally be shipped within 48 hours (2 business days) after they have been invoiced. Delivery from Bowling Green to the Ontario sorting yard in Scarborough is usually 24 hours, followed by a period of usually 1 to 2 days to sort and deliver to most southern Ontario dealerships. Congratulations Mike, won' t be long now. :Hurray:

Last edited:
  • Informative
My order (GS, 2LT, M7, blade silver, red & black 2-tone guts plus a couple of extra frills) went in last November, build week was March 11 and car arrived at Humberview in Toronto on Friday (April 5th) afternoon. I will pick up next week if the weather is reasonable. Pictures are of its twin in the showroom at Gateway in Brampton last fall.View attachment 25234View attachment 25235

David – Great news, can just envision you driving past the dealership about four times a day since you got home, checking to see if it had been delivered yet. Headed to Spring Mountain in another week (15th – 16th), maybe have to sneak by for a peak when I get back. - Jim W.

My order (GS, 2LT, M7, blade silver, red & black 2-tone guts plus a couple of extra frills) went in last November, build week was March 11 and car arrived at Humberview in Toronto on Friday (April 5th) afternoon. I will pick up next week if the weather is reasonable. Pictures are of its twin in the showroom at Gateway in Brampton last fall.View attachment 25234View attachment 25235
Very nice colour.

Congrats!
I ordered a 2019 Torch Red/Black Z06 with 3LZ trim. I also received a TPW of April 22. I am located in Hamilton, Ontario. Think it is reasonable to assume an early-to-mid May delivery? Out of curiosity, are the Corvettes transported by truck to the Ontario dealerships, or does delivery occur by a mix or rail and truck?

Cobra it’s called microfibre sueded... this and that. I think it’s an option for 3lZ or 3LT cars but might be available on 2L trim. Not sure as I’ve never considered a 2L car. You can see the option package listed.
My window sticker for the 17 mentions the various things with “microfibre” or “suede” which from what I understand is the same thing as alcantara in this case.

Some love it some outright hate it. I thought it would be really fragile, but it turns out to be quite durable.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Congrats!
I ordered a 2019 Torch Red/Black Z06 with 3LZ trim. I also received a TPW of April 22. I am located in Hamilton, Ontario. Think it is reasonable to assume an early-to-mid May delivery? Out of curiosity, are the Corvettes transported by truck to the Ontario dealerships, or does delivery occur by a mix or rail and truck?
All Ontario bound Corvette's are shipped from Bowling Green to the Scarborough sorting yard by truck. For more details regarding shipping you can check post #28 on this thread (third text prior to yours) regarding shipping durations.

Looks like I am at the 3400 status code - Order Broadcast for the week of April 22nd.

@JCWP - MRC comes with the Grand Sport, along with the sport exhaust and some standard aero bits. Basically its a standard Z06, but with the LT1 motor instead of the LT4. I don't think mine is coming with the carbon fiber interior trim, but I guess I will see when it comes in!

Hi SikRide,
Your car and mine are both at 3400 with a TPW of April 22. I was looking at a few other threads last night to see what kind of timeframe there is to final production once a Corvette hits 3400. In the majority of threads I read, looks like it is 9 - 12 days timeframe. Based on that, I wonder if our cars will be built later next week? (A few days prior to the April 22 TPW.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.