Featured Thread
Well my car had the front splitter and side skirts put on the other day.......it's still in the dealer's showroom and my plan is to pick it up Thursday, May 16th. We had another cold crappy week (5-10) this week however next week promises (15-20) weather which will be more desirable. I've secured storage space for my Cobra Mustang, so now I have room in my garage for my daily driver and my new Vette. I've never owned a Corvette before so I can hardly wait to experience all the excitement that goes with Corvette ownership.

Here's a few pics of my car at the dealership...... (still)!

View attachment 26389View attachment 26390View attachment 26391View attachment 26392

looks great... :thumbs: I also have the exposed CF roof as well as the Lexan but I like the CF so much I have only had the Lexan on once in 4 years...lol...

When I ordered my car I ordered the "Performance Air Intake" however shortly after I placed my order whenever I went to the GM site to rebuild the car I noticed you could no longer order that option. Well as it turns out my car did not come with the Intake, nor can it be ordered. Interesting?

Reactions: SikRide
I wanted that option, but when I built my car, dealer said it was no longer available as it was only available for a limited time. That said, it can be ordered through your dealer’s parts department, and they will add it before you pick it up. As such, it will be covered under your basic car warranty. Go to your dealer’s website, and look up part number 84152141. It is about $900 - close to the $890 that the option was. I am getting that added to mine before I pick it up.

If I remember correctly there was about 4 km on mine. If there were an abnormal amount (much more than that) , I would question why. There shouldn't be any test dummy runs...especially on a customer ordered car. Factory to lot, lot to train, train to truck, truck to dealer, move on the lot.... that's about it i would think.

It won't be much, not to worry.
Keep in mind.....the odometers nowadays go up while the cars are in reverse also.
If it has 12kms on it at delivery, it's likely 11 of them were put on at the assembly plant, and during delivery.

By the time you put 1km on it, you're not going to care one bit!
Enjoy!

Question for you guys.....
I am going to pick up my car tomorrow morning. How many kms can I expect to see on it???? At what level of kms on a new Corvette would you be concerned???? 10km? 20km?
Just curious for your opinions.

Mine had 15km. Shipped from Ont to Ab taken for a fuel fill etc at the dealership.
In that 15km before I picked it up someone managed to scratch the sill plate on the drivers side getting in and out. They sorted that out quickly... unfortunately I had to point it out first.

Just watch for little things and look close before you get in it. Should be fine though.

Reactions: Cobravenomous
Got it home!!!!
BE25DCF6-63A6-40FB-9F0B-240043C380DF.jpeg
CCAC3031-2D9F-41E4-8C60-E6A947FA5785.jpeg
CCAC3031-2D9F-41E4-8C60-E6A947FA5785.jpeg
A827F81F-B3DE-4BB3-B3C8-363B53D42B8D.jpeg
3989DF88-CDEB-46C3-8615-A22D307220B9.jpeg

Mine had 15km. Shipped from Ont to Ab taken for a fuel fill etc at the dealership.
In that 15km before I picked it up someone managed to scratch the sill plate on the drivers side getting in and out. They sorted that out quickly... unfortunately I had to point it out first.

Just watch for little things and look close before you get in it. Should be fine though.

Just went and looked at mine.......I'm kicking myself now that I chose next Thursday to take it home. My thought process was take it home for the long weekend thinking the weather usually sucks until mid May anyway, well it's 68 and sunny here today and supposed to be sunny and hot again tomorrow.....ha ha......oh well.

My sill plates still have a plastic coating on them from the factory. I told them to leave the plastic on for me to take off. I also ordered a Chemical Guys foam cannon to go on my pressure washer too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann

First of all your car looks awesome, buddy!

I notice that your dealer did not install the front license plate assembly as your front grill is naked! I never put a front plate on my Mustang Cobra ever right from day one because I thought that it detracted from the look of the car.

I told the dealer not to install my front license plate assembly and they simply gave it to me in a box. It appears however that no drilling is required at all, with plastic fasteners to secure the unit to the grill.

I'm going to chance it and not install the front plate for the same reason I didn't on my Cobra, I got pulled over twice in the past twenty years and both times the cops accepted my reasoning that it made the car look ugly.

Our city however recently acquired that computer aided camera that has the ability to capture the cars information both from the front and the rear when at speed, so I'm thinking I'm going to be picked up! Ha ha.........well we'll see if the cops remain reasonable or not!

Were you planning the same, being to leave the front plate off?

I read recently as well that Premier Ford was looking at going rear plate only for Ontario as well!

Damo97.
How many kms were on that sweet ride when you picked it up?
Drop by with it, if you like. 2 - 3 minutes away.
2nd court west of parkdale (before walter).
Ridgeline out front.

Hi Cobra,

Dealer asked me if I wanted the front plate on, and I said no thanks.....just put it with all the other stuff in the hatch. They did the same with my silver one. With my silver one, I was only pulled over once after driving by officers on patrol probably hundreds of times. This time I got pulled over though, I was given $100 ticket....subsequently got it reduced to $40. I will chance it with this one....hopefully if I get pulled over it will just be a warning. 😄

Hi Axe,

Hahahahaha!!! Car had 20km on it. I jokingly asked my dealer if anybody test drove it, and he said he just drove it to get fuel. Regardless, I trust him....the dude is a solid guy.

Holy smokes you are super close to me! I am on Lucerne just off of Parkdale. Maybe 30 seconds from the intersection of Queenston and Parkdale.
Were you by chance driving through the Tim Horton’s at the traffic circle last Sunday night???? You have a white Carbon 65?????
I will take you up on that offer....this weekend will be tough though given the Mother’s Day festivities. 🎉 Will touch base with you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.