well here I go again..got up this morning and wanted to start up my c3 and it wouldn't start. It went click click click click..but wouldn't start up. ok it was fine last week and started up but not today. so back to the shop with a vette that wouldn't start. it's kinda frustrating 😕. anyone have any ideas what's going on with it? Is this expected every week or month? thanks...
Sharing in your grief. My similar experience last year while looking after an H1 Hummer but my rant would be for a different forum of course 😇
Often hoping tomorrow is a new day and for unexplained reason, finding it starts. 🙏🏻

Great to hear its a battery resolve 👍🏻
… my resolve was not as easy
(but again … for another forum)

Do you use a battery tender when I got my 79 in 2019 it had a battery cutoff but the battery would still run down over the week? I started using a tender last spring and it has a good charge every time I jump in it. I leave the leads on the battery and just use the quick disconnect when I want to drive.
If you have a working clock and you don't use a tender or a battery cutoff the clock will run the battery down.

Thats interesting I never thought of that..you mean the battery still discharges just sitting in the car? I never heard of a battery tender..thanks I will look into it..I have a new battery installed in the car now but since I live in the hottest city in America that this could be an issue again. The clock inside the car doesn't work...imagine that for a 44 year old car from 1978..

Reactions: OL Yeller
Thats interesting I never thought of that..you mean the battery still discharges just sitting in the car? I never heard of a battery tender..thanks I will look into it..I have a new battery installed in the car now but since I live in the hottest city in America that this could be an issue again. The clock inside the car doesn't work...imagine that for a 44 year old car from 1978..
Yes with the battery cutoff as long as you drove it at least once a week it would start but it was a weak start. We went away for a bit and didn't drive the Corvette and it did run down to the point where I needed to put a charger on it. With the tender it always has a strong start. I use the Battery Tender Junior, only $45 CAD up here so must be really cheap in US dollars. Like I said I leave the Tender leads on the battery and just use the quick disconnect when I want to drive it.
When I read up about it letting your battery constantly run down will lead to a shorter battery life and extreme heat where you are and extreme cold where I am will contribute. The new cars are worse because they have so many systems still running when the car is shut off like clocks and security systems. We have a tender for my wife's 2021 Mini that she only drives now and then.
I guess I am one of the lucky ones that still has a clock working on a 79. I love the look of your 78, I would like to put factory side pipes on mine.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.