meekracer

Casual User
Apr 29, 2017
ALBERTA
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51 conv't
my C7 - Z51 conv't is my end of life crisis cruiser- lol Spent my life racing cars, so not too worried about performing in this sunny day driver. Hope to meet some of you on the byways of Alberta.

Welcome to the forum Bob. Where abouts in Alberta should we look for you...? Oh yeah.... Post us a picture or two of your baby...

Eric

:keyboardwarior:
A BIG WELCOME MEEKRACER (aka "my name is Bob") ... love to see a teaser of your C7 Pics.
An option to meeting one of us on the byways and which ever would be most convenient for ya ...
how 'bout cruisin' along side :carrace:with either the South Alberta or North Alberta Caravans to Ponoka next weekend?
I looking forward to reading more from you :readread: ...
CHEERS !

Last edited:
sorry- missed these post re: Ponoka- Moving back to Calgary. will post picture next- thanks for the welcome- bob picture of my fast ride below

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 31
here we go with a picture of my C7 Z51- be kind---

Cool Picture :thumbs: & Great looking neighborhood ... but :Woot:
I am concerned that you get too many 250mph photo radar speeding tickets :Nono1:
and have NO Defence in Court when the Judge sees what the photo says! :Smuggrin:

All stated with envy ... nice ride "meekracer"

Last edited:
Reactions: meekracer
people often ask about or mock the plate- I inform them that this is my plate- not the cars plate- I have driven faster than 250 mph and I do realize the corvette is not capable of this velocity-lol the plate was a retirement from racing gift.

Well now that is pretty cool dragster. You look right a home sitting in there.

If you get a chance share some details if you will. Certainly I would like to know more.

Thanks for sharing the photo.:thumbs:
I am old and my racing days are over although I still have an interest in this Top Fuel Dragster presently campaigned in Canada by Darkside Racing (you can google that) I suffered 142 fractures in a motorcycle accident 3+ years ago and am still learning to walk although no longer need appliances- every day sees a smile on my face. I was lucky enuff to drive Alcohol dragsters for different owners and niro and alcohol funny cars that I owned untill racing expenses grew by astronomical leaps. Darkside's top fuel team has an energizer bunny (Kelly Fedorowich) who likely spends 60 hours a week on the sponsorship/advertising portfolio and the main sponsors--Prostrate Cancer Canada-Calgary Harley Davidson - Castrol etc. keep the car operating. Now back to C7's and hope that paragraph was not boring.:canada:

Reactions: Rruuff Day and Pep
Absolutely awesome "life brief" that you wrote as it seems apparent that you are "dialing-it-down" a tad into what many people dream of - and yours being the C7. No mocking intended as I just felt there had to be a little more to the story behind your Plate.
The photo radar ticket was first to come to my mind since, being blessed by one myself, the envelope comes as an "invoice" for a Portrait taken of the a$$ end.
I tried to swap my Wife's plate that we got in 2002 for a new Pontiac Montana that we bought. It was in typical-celebration a few months after delivering our daughter.
Anyways, text messaging wasn't real big in our lives at the time and her standard issue plate is WTF-665. I focused on being grateful that the numbers were not all 6's at the time but what a conversation her letters has now become. She's keeping her plate on her now-Acadia for her next vehicle (??? undetermined at the moment).

That being said, should a weekend day at a Hortons or A&W or ??? in Calgary be good on your agenda, please PM a group of the Calgary responders so that I (we) can buy you a coffee. Cheers :thumbs:

I dragged race my old Camaro for fun some years back with a group of Camaro owners. During a test and tune one afternoon I got to watch two top fuels line up while I was at my pit spot. Our track was an airstrip so pits were not too far from the staging lights. One of the guys in the dragsters "lit 'er up" on green. The sound and the feeling from where we were was jaw dropping to say the least. He then coasted the rest of the way and still crossed the line with a quicker time than I could manage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.