Ok thank you for clarifying :) people jumped at me everytime I used the word “update” on it because it’s apparently treated as an “aftermarket upgrade” 😏

Well it is a flash directly from GM so nothing aftermarket about it. Makes a big difference on pre-19 cars. The early 18s have most of it but not all from what I read. 👍

i bought a used 14 z51 how would i know if upgrade was done . only drivin it for 25 miles home in fall.. im guessing it would be registered with dealer ?? inquiring minds want to know :)

Hello all,
I got another quote from a dealer in the Montreal region... scary to see the discrepancy... 495$ + labour... I got another one for 350$+ labour... 😳

You are right in the ballpark for this upgrade. Now it’s just a matter of which one is more convenient for you. It’s just an upload to the car so... not much possibly for a human error for this work. There is no physical work done on your suspension.
👍

I got the update done today (350$ + 0.6 labor). Will let you know my comments after leaving the car at rest for 8-10 hours.
That is what my local GM quoted me as well.
Is yours a Z06? I have the Z51 package but wondering if I would get my money's worth out of it.
Probably will go for it anyways. We always like the best performance.

I had the upgraded software installed at Wilson Nibblet in Richmond Hill Ontario. They charged me $650 plus tax.
My car is 2016 Z51 3LT.
To be honest I have not driven it enough to see the difference yet, I haven’t had it out much due to crappy weather.
I’ll let you know when I’ve done some more.
I believe the upgrade is to help handling with bumpy roads etc, it does not change Track option handling.

I had the upgraded software installed at Wilson Nibblet in Richmond Hill Ontario. They charged me $650 plus tax.
My car is 2016 Z51 3LT.
To be honest I have not driven it enough to see the difference yet, I haven’t had it out much due to crappy weather.
I’ll let you know when I’ve done some more.
I believe the upgrade is to help handling with bumpy roads etc, it does not change Track option handling.
Pretty well the same car I have except mine is a 2LT with all the 3LT options.
If it improves the ride on bumpy roads then that would be great around here.
Please update your profile with a car pic and location.

Last edited:
That is what my local GM quoted me as well.
Is yours a Z06? I have the Z51 package but wondering if I would get my money's worth out of it.
Probably will go for it anyways. We always like the best performance.
I Also have the Z51 package. The difference is noticeable on Tour and Sport modes, especially with the Quebec road conditions... definitely worth the money

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.