This is my first Corvette, so at first I didn't know about the wave but would always wave back if someone waved. Once I realized about the wave- I now wave at any Corvette or anything that looks like a Corvette, or at anyone who waves first or gives me the thumbs up- happens a lot up here where there aren't many sports cars.

I’m sorry but in my opinion (such as it is) the C8 is not a Corvette. I feel they should have named it Zora after the man who dreamed of the mid engine Corvette decades ago. They should continue with a front engine design for true Corvettes.. front engine Vettes I can spot easily C8s look too much like something out of Italy! Just my opinion…

Reactions: bobswanson400
I’m sorry but in my opinion (such as it is) the C8 is not a Corvette. I feel they should have named it Zora after the man who dreamed of the mid engine Corvette decades ago. They should continue with a front engine design for true Corvettes.. front engine Vettes I can spot easily C8s look too much like something out of Italy! Just my opinion…
The C8 is more of a Corvette than than the Mustang Mach-E is a Mustang! Just wait until the C8 becomes even less of a Corvette when it loses its internal combustion engine!

The C8 is more of a Corvette than than the Mustang Mach-E is a Mustang! Just wait until the C8 becomes even less of a Corvette when it loses its internal combustion engine!

Mustang is out of date imo

Reactions: Dik
GM isn't getting the complaints. The readers of "GM Authority" (catchy name, but it's neither GM nor THE authority on GM) are the ones who have mentioned it to GM Authority. I've heard those same comments from friends who own the prior generations of Corvette. When driving my C8, I always waved and sometimes didn't get a return wave...even from Corvette drivers that were in earlier generations. So it's hit and miss. I suspect that many of the C8 owners who don't wave, are new to the brand so they're unaware of this tradition. I always encourage anyone I talk to that owns a Corvette, to join either a local Corvette Club or a reputable Corvette Forum on the Web like this one, or better yet do both, so they're better educated about Corvettes in general and traditions like "save the wave". I hope all of you similarly recommend fellow Corvette owners join up. There's a wealth of info to be had on CCF.
Totally agree. I'd like to join a club; but, both are quite a ways away with our terrible traffic here in the GVA. ( Richmond & Langley) I live on the Northshore - so, would love to hook up with other corvette owners to go on cruises: to Squamish, Pemberton or the back road up past Pemberton to the Okanogan.

It has perhaps become a time where differences have become noticeable between those who merely own a corvette and those who also had to earn it. It’s too bad for those who also feel they are being painted with the same brush … (jmo)

Still looking for a returned C8 wave - maybe this year …

It is my understanding that flashing one’s lights can now earn a citation from a cop with an agenda/quota. Have not tested that of course … therefore, whether returned or not, just sticking to the thumbs-up, the wave or the Hawaiian hang-loose. 👋🏻🙂👍🏻🙂🤙🏻

C8✋

They might think you are hitting on them...
That likely depends on how you wave Jack...

wave.gif

This past week I passed 2 corvettes- a C4 and C6 I think. I waved like crazy, but no reciprocation. Both driven by young men, probably in their 20s. So the wave issue may be a generational thing rather than C8 vs the world of Corvette
They'll learn
Saw 4 (a record in one day) Vettes the other weekend and they all waved including a C8
Mind you, they can't miss my wave as it is fully extended out of the car and they almost have to swerve to not get slapped in the face. LOL
I have missed a few waves myself in the past though as well.

They'll learn
Saw 4 (a record in one day) Vettes the other weekend and they all waved including a C8
Mind you, they can't miss my wave as it is fully extended out of the car and they almost have to swerve to not get slapped in the face. LOL
I have missed a few waves myself in the past though as well.
fully extended out of the car. 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread