Wave in the city and flash the head lights on the highway. I have an MG and do the same with others of that make. The other day I was driving the SUV and, without thinking, flashed an approaching Vette on an 80 kph road. I just get so excited when I see another Vette on the road, it becomes an automatic response. :Seeya:

Well go figure ... waiting at a traffic light in my C7 to go straight thru and two white vette's pulled up along side in succession to turn right. First a C8 htc and second a C7. The C8 drivers didn't even as much as glance over, couldn't stare straighter than an arrow if his life depended on it. The C7 driver the total opposite, when he came along side, he not only waved but said a boisterous "Hello" as all our windows were open. QED.

Well go figure ... waiting at a traffic light in my C7 to go straight thru and two white vette's pulled up along side in succession to turn right. First a C8 htc and second a C7. The C8 drivers didn't even as much as glance over, couldn't stare straighter than an arrow if his life depended on it. The C7 driver the total opposite, when he came along side, he not only waved but said a boisterous "Hello" as all our windows were open. QED.
Likely didn't recognize your C7 was a Corvette..... lol..

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Likely didn't recognize your C7 was a Corvette..... lol..
I have waved at a couple of Ferrari's recently, one model, does look like a C6 with round rear lights and a front very similar. After doing so, said what did I do that for. On the other hand, it was a friendly wave. Didn't get one back of course.

I am often in heavy traffic or at a very busy intersection when I see another Corvette. If I can and I have enough time I always give a wave or flash my lights, but it’s not always possible! Sometimes I just don’t see another Vette soon enough or quickly enough. Apologies!!

Reactions: unionville
I agree wholeheartedly with you, the complaints are really unfounded. It happens to all of us, at times, you are not looking at the other lane coming towards you, as you concentrate on what is ahead of you. In fact, a car can be right at your side and you are not looking at it. Give and the non-wavers a break, it is a small percentage and not worth crying about.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, the complaints are really unfounded. It happens to all of us, at times, you are not looking at the other lane coming towards you, as you concentrate on what is ahead of you. In fact, a car can be right at your side and you are not looking at it. Give and the non-wavers a break, it is a small percentage and not worth crying about.
Teach by example.
They'll catch on sooner or later.
It is just fun to acknowledge another Corvette owner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread