Actually I am the one who must hang is hairy head in being humbled by the thoughtfulness that EVERYONE has shown to me on this trip. Sure, driving the car is great but it would have been a much less enjoyable experience without the participation of everyone on this forum and those who took the time out of their lives to show fellowship for a total stranger. I've never met any of you before yet the sense of friendship comes through so well. It makes me realize as I mentioned on another thread, what did I ever do in my life to deserve to be treated like this by people? What ever it was it is being repaid a hundred fold at this moment. I am thinking that this experience is going to rank up with another memorial moment in my life, when I was able to visit two of the major tank museums in Bovington and Saumur, a dream I had for some 20 years before I was able to acheive it. Thankfully being able to come down here didn't take so long.

I am really looking forward to the road trip with Colin tomorrow, I mean two SC 'vettes cars driving out to meet a bunch of other 'vettes.......now I ask you, am I living the dream or what???????

Can't wait to do a drive with everyone I get to meet tomorrow. Now find me a cutie to ride shotgun to video the moment for me please! Until noon tomorrow then Mudders!

Cheers,

Garry

Actually I am the one who must hang is hairy head in being humbled by the thoughtfulness that EVERYONE has shown to me on this trip. Sure, driving the car is great but it would have been a much less enjoyable experience without the participation of everyone on this forum and those who took the time out of their lives to show fellowship for a total stranger. I've never met any of you before yet the sense of friendship comes through so well. It makes me realize as I mentioned on another thread, what did I ever do in my life to deserve to be treated like this by people? What ever it was it is being repaid a hundred fold at this moment. I am thinking that this experience is going to rank up with another memorial moment in my life, when I was able to visit two of the major tank museums in Bovington and Saumur, a dream I had for some 20 years before I was able to acheive it. Thankfully being able to come down here didn't take so long.

I am really looking forward to the road trip with Colin tomorrow, I mean two SC 'vettes cars driving out to meet a bunch of other 'vettes.......now I ask you, am I living the dream or what???????

Can't wait to do a drive with everyone I get to meet tomorrow. Now find me a cutie to ride shotgun to video the moment for me please! Until noon tomorrow then Mudders!

Cheers,

Garry

The pleasure is ours Garry -- I wish I could spend more time with you and am glad you can fill the days up with a variety of projects and trips.

Justin (LSXtasy) will accompany us tomorrow so we'll have 3 cruisin' to see "the Mudders" tomorrow morning.

See you and Justin in the parking lot about 9:45'ish.

I have a tee and hat if you wish for tomorrow but Rob (Steamer) was mailing yours to you after being made soon.
They're new but the shirt might be a tad big -- It's XL -- we can try it on tomorrow. -- I expect the other Mudders will wear their's too.
Bon Soir mon ami.

C.

So is everyone up and at 'em this morning and in fine fettle as my Dad used to say?

Hope to see you all there at Tim's on Mud and Centennial, Stoney Creek about 11:30.

Safe travels, and enjoy the fine morning.:D

C.

Good morning Everyone,

Not only that but full of piss and vinegar as well! Went to say my goodbyes to the crew at Manny's in case I don't make it back in time today, get arrested, kidnapped by twins who have their way with me or wrapped around a power pole............

What perfect weather too!

See you all later and Colin and Justin I'm thinnking shortly...........

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Everyone,

Not only that but full of piss and vinegar as well! Went to say my goodbyes to the crew at Manny's in case I don't make it back in time today, get arrested, kidnapped by twins who have their way with me or wrapped around a power pole............

What perfect weather too!

See you all later and Colin and Justin I'm thinnking shortly...........

Cheers,

Garry

One-ringy dingy, 2 ringy-dingies............snort snort.......:D

C.

It was great! Travelling in convoy with other Corvettes - a dream! Thanks Colin for arranging this and Justin, hey great to meet you, super ride you've got there. Wonderful meeting at Mud Street, Wayne, Brian, John, Tony and Kathy. nice lunch, great conversation and then 5 cars on the way back until Brian and Wayne had to peel off. Got into boost on the highway, scared myself actually, that is really going to take some getting used to, progressively I think.

And what trip would be without a typical Garry screw up and that was almost running out of gas and not being able to warn Colin and Justin before hand.........sorry guys, my bad.

This ought to almost be a package holiday business, send your car to Manny's and you meet so many terrific people and have the time of your life. I hope I deserve to be this happy but it has been a while that this side of my life has been exercised this way. Not my son, farm or gf but my car side and I have been living the dream for the past 3 days!

If some of the pictures turn out I'll see about trying to get them posted.

Cheers,

Garry

Oh, I'm sure you'll be pinning the throttle in no time wishing your car was even faster!!!! Ok, maybe not BUT if that ever happens, I'll give you a ride in my car to give yourself a reminder of how wicked your car is! I'll only be insulted if you mention next time that I should bring coffee so we have something to do while I am accelerating. :D

PS. You deserve this Garry! I am so glad to be able to follow along on your adventure.

It was a pleasure to finally meet you Garry. It was such a great day (my bald head has the sunburn to prove it!:D).
Thanks to everyone for having me tag along. It was nice to meet some new faces and to hang in the Mud Street Maniacs home environment.
In the end I ended up losing both you AND Colin! Sorry for any inconvience boys.
A convoy is the way to travel for sure. So awesome!:thumbup:
All the best Garry. Have a safe trip home and keep us all in the loop with your new found power.
Justin.
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Wonderful time had with all. :seeya:

I got snagged on the wreckage protruding from Colin's car but a few band-aids later and everything was fine.

Brian had a good time talking to John & Jim. The three of them got on quite well.

Tony alluded to the contents of his 8 car garage but didn't give any details, he did however talk about being Mayor of Welland. Kathy did her best to keep everything under control but alas......

Nice to see Justin and his great looking FRC, be nice if we all could do this again. He had some good ideas for my car, sadly they all involve money.

There is a faint hope I'll be awake tomorrow so I can make the long trek to the airport to say goodbye to Garry. His visit was short but I think he made a real impact on us all. If I ask nicely I'm sure Colin will bring a camera :)

Now as the band plays Auld Lang Syne (Scottish for don't eat that sheep crap) I'll take my sunburn and fade into the distance.

a dew.

I got snagged on the wreckage protruding from Colin's car but a few band-aids later and everything was fine.

Brian had a good time talking to John & Jim. The three of them got on quite well.

Tony alluded to the contents of his 8 car garage but didn't give any details, he did however talk about being Mayor of Welland. Kathy did her best to keep everything under control but alas......

Nice to see Justin and his great looking FRC, be nice if we all could do this again. He had some good ideas for my car, sadly they all involve money.

There is a faint hope I'll be awake tomorrow so I can make the long trek to the airport to say goodbye to Garry. His visit was short but I think he made a real impact on us all. If I ask nicely I'm sure Colin will bring a camera :)

Now as the band plays Auld Lang Syne (Scottish for don't eat that sheep crap) I'll take my sunburn and fade into the distance.

a dew.

I'm crying right now from laughter. Well played Wayne, well played. :thumbup::D

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

a dew.

You are one of the funniest guys I have ever met....... but there is some truth in everything you post..
Was a great day, will miss you Garry; you fit right in with the rest of us.

6 'vettes and 7 people: Caledonia Brian's yellow C4 'vert, Garry's Supercharged Velocity Yellow C6 Z, Tony & Kathy's Velocity Yellow C6 GS 'vert, John's Black C6 'vert, Justin's Black C5 Z, Wayne's White C5 'vert, and my damaged (but supercharged) Red Crystal C6 GS.

Just have to point out that the Velocity Yellow Z and the Crystal Red GS make almost as much horsepower to the wheels as all the others put together make at the crank.
Don't worry guys they all look nice anyway.....even tho down a little in power compared to the other 2 aforementioned.

super super super super super super supercharged!........there's notin' like it. Phone for an appointment today and get supercharged -- and stay up with the big guns -- the real cars :rofl:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread