Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Mercedes C63S
Province
ON
In these Covid days I thought a fun question would be how many cars have you owned in your lifetime. Obviously age plays a role. I am a member. My age is 74 and I can recall 43 cars I have owned.
Just for fun😂

Will never forget what felt to be a godsend at the time with this now stereotyped vehicle.
Eventually being blessed to graduate to a much more expensive and much less condescending SUV a few years later.
I know that one may only agree with me if ever being both Dad & Son in the beginning years of this new millennium "sandwich generation".
(wow 2 decades ago already) Both stroller & 2 walkers in the back with all the ease of cargo and passenger access.
With most everything else put aside, I was definitely not looking for any contest to win at the time. So I survived it too.
Might be perhaps earning a Corvette the hard way - although I selfishly had a rocket of a Grand Prix for the weekends.
I can empathize with a few of the "family-fellas" who stopped roadside to check out our Corvettes during my early first CCF Corvette Cruising experiences.
Would like to hear the story behind the $1.00 car...

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Yes but it only mentions the car... Not the story behind how you got a $1.00 car and what it was like!!!! Please feed my curiosity..
I loved my Chevy-II as it was my life and for getting to 3 jobs at the time
... eventually it was my college and reliable winter ride.
The $1 deal had me paying for my own college education though.

Today, I would go full-circle back to the right 1969 purchase ... in a heart beat.

Last edited:
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT - oh yeah I had the original GM mid-engine car...pretty sure the C8 is based off this car...:D
1993 Honda Civic hatchback
I don't remember the year but I had a Saturn SL plastic sedan
Got married, got kids, got the Dodge Grand Caravan - I called it the DILF mobile
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 - that was used to tow our 2012 Seadoo Challenger 180 SE
2015 Hyundai Santa FE XL
2015 Hyundai Tuscon

Think if the motor is mounted behind the transaxle then it is a true rear engine car. The Porsche 911 series are rear engine and because of that they have unique handling characteristics. They have gotten more than one driver quickly going past their skill level. If the engine is in front of the transaxle I always thought it was then a mid engine car.

Been wrong many times and could be here as well. :thumbs:

Think if the motor is mounted behind the transaxle then it is a true rear engine car. The Porsche 911 series are rear engine and because of that they have unique handling characteristics. They have gotten more than one driver quickly going past their skill level. If the engine is in front of the transaxle I always thought it was then a mid engine car.

Been wrong many times and could be here as well. :thumbs:
Well according to the Google you're correct! Corvair is rear engine not mid. I stand corrected.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
The Corvair was indeed a true rear engine car.... Can't get much more rear than this unless you tow the engine on a trailer.
1614217392746.png