Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Mercedes C63S
Province
ON
In these Covid days I thought a fun question would be how many cars have you owned in your lifetime. Obviously age plays a role. I am a member. My age is 74 and I can recall 43 cars I have owned.
Just for fun😂

Great Thread. Lots of fun memories trying to recall them all. Started by saving up to buy my first car when I was fifteen so I would be ready to go when I turned 16 and could get my license. That was a 1966 mustang coupe ( my first experience with massive amounts of bondo) lol. Followed by,in no specific order—-Chevy chevelle,Chevy caprice,nova,Dodge Challenger,Pontiac trans am,Pontiac Parisienne,Buick skylark,Buick riviera,olds cutlass 442,olds cutlass convertible,Chevy chevette,Ford Fiesta,Ford bronco,Nissan maxima,Nissan optima,honda civic,mini,Toyota Corolla,2-Ford vans,2-chevy vans,3-c6 corvettes,2-c7 corvettes, and hopefully a 2021 c8!!

😂 - a dementia test thread - 😂

Hmmm 🤔 .. after 43 years of having a drivers license ... 4 trucks, 1 Minivan, 4 SUV & 7 awesome Cars makes for 16 (all GM) vehicles having my name on the bill of sale and accompanying insurance policies.
Skipper of Two 6-cylinder boats after many years of being Gilligan.
My name will be on vehicle #17 over the next few weeks. I already need a parkade/garage with an attached house as I prepare for retirement in 5 years or so.
SN3. I am proud to declare the following personal shutout:
Convertibles 3, Minivans 0.
Yay! I WIN!
:Biggrin:

Last edited:
Very interesting exercise/question .... Well, I'll be 63 in September and I took a shot at coming up with a realistic number, but, I may be a bit off. My best recollection of cars owned since the age of 16 is 37. :carbounce: It actually brought out some very nice memories had with some of the rides!!! I wish though that I would have kept some of the muscle cars, and interestingly enough, it made me reflect that I had quite a few European cars in the mix. My first Corvette I bought just 3 years ago and am certainly enjoying it!

72 years old 43 vehicles including 2 motorcycles, 10 trucks, 8 convertibles, a C6 and a C7, and not one minivan.
Would really like to have a few of them back, but am glad to have the three we have in our Garage right now.
It does bring back many memories.

Spence I too owned a mini van and let's just say it was an experience not to be forgotten. Can laugh about it now but that misguided social experiment cost me big time.

I survived.
No big deal other than when stereotyping on here with my given name (it's changed to my CCF-name now so all fine and yyssw)

Will never forget what felt to be a pontiac-godsend at the time with this now stereotyped vehicle. No way would I do ford, dodge or import.
Served it's purpose until eventually being blessed to be able to graduate to a much more expensive and much less condescending GMC SUV a few years later.
I know that one may only agree with me if ever being both Dad & Son in the beginning years of this new millennium "sandwich generation".
(wow 2 decades ago already) Both stroller & 2 walkers in the back with all the ease of cargo and passenger access.
With most everything else put aside, I was definitely not looking for any contest to win at the time. So I survived it too - and missing the walker-needs greatly.
Might be one of many ways to consider it as earning a Corvette the hard way - although I selfishly had a rocket of a Grand Prix for the weekends at the time.
I can empathize with a few of the "family-fellas" who stopped roadside to check out our Corvettes during my initial CCF Corvette Cruising experiences.

18 years old & for $1

Last edited:
Not the youngest.. How about this. I was 16, I paid $30. for my 1947 Studebaker commander and sold it for $10.00 to Canadian Junk After I blew out first Second and Reverse. Drove it to the junk yard with only third gear (and 1000 miles before that with only third gear) took of the plates ,removed the battery and took my $10.00 and went home...

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller