Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Mercedes C63S
Province
ON
In these Covid days I thought a fun question would be how many cars have you owned in your lifetime. Obviously age plays a role. I am a member. My age is 74 and I can recall 43 cars I have owned.
Just for fun😂

Yes but it only mentions the car... Not the story behind how you got a $1.00 car and what it was like!!!! Please feed my curiosity..
I loved my Chevy-II as it was my life and for getting to 3 jobs at the time
... eventually it was my college and reliable winter ride.
The $1 deal had me paying for my own college education though.

Today, I would go full-circle back to the right 1969 purchase ... in a heart beat.

Last edited:
I'm 44, I've had 16 vehicles (cars or trucks), 11 from brand new. I didn't count any recreational vehicles. We used do something similar many years ago, but we would add up the amount of spark plugs (glow plugs), horsepower and tires (no pedal bikes or the like), that we owned at that minute.

P.S. think I'm at 50 plugs, 2041hp, and 61 tires, not including winter tires, 1 set per unit.

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I am 68 and have had 30 vehicles. When we got married we had a 70 Dodge Challenger, three girls later a station wagon many mini vans and full
size vans couple jeep grand cherokees a Jaguar Vanden Plas. Many pickup trucks (all Fords), sold my 74 vette to my son in law and now we have a BMW X5, Ford F150 and of course the 07 Vette. I can't believe how many vehicles we have had. Crazy!

LOL, I must be in the minority. I have only had something like a dozen cars. Except for a couple, I have been keeping them for at least 10 years. BTW, I will be 57 on my next birthday.
Thanks for posting for me! I am the same. Some I keep longer like my '76 L82 bought when I was 19, still have it.

Told you it was fun! That’s what makes memories. Of my 43(no die cast😂) I did own 2 Vettes, a 1993 and a 2003 Z06. Miss the Z06 the most. Thanks for all your inputs. It was so interesting to see. I will have another Vette some day if the prices ever relax a bit.

LOL, I must be in the minority. I have only had something like a dozen cars. Except for a couple, I have been keeping them for at least 10 years. BTW, I will be 57 on my next birthday.
Wow, what a coincidence. I too will be 57 on my next B-day, and have owned a similar number of vehicles. Are we counting what our wives have?
If memory serves, here are mine: 1972 dodge duster (1st car. Piece of Sht), pontiac Ventura 2, 1979 Trans AM (another Piece of Sht), Suzuki Jeep type of thing (don't know the model), 1996 Chrysler Intrepid, 1997 GMC Sierra, 2008 Toyota Tundra, 2015 Stingray, 2 motorcycles (still have one). Wife: 1980's era Toyota Corolla, 2000 VW Jetta, 2010 Subaru Impreza.

Lets see, 67 Mustang Coupe (1st car rust bucket), Datsun 510 (full of Bondo), 68 Dodge Monaco (so big had to undo seat belt to reach across and unlock passenger door), 72 Plymouth Satellite (318 went like stink, sucked a ton of fuel), 83 Dodge Omni (did its job), 80 Dodge Diplomat (they are famous, just watch any old show or movie with cop cars) , 85 New Yorker (the digital voice entertained the kids but otherwise Not a good experience), 89 Pontiac 6000 ( the kids had started driving and it suffered some blows), 98 Sunfire GT (hah... at the time I thought it could handle),VW rabbit (for the kids, they all learned to drive a standard ) 98 F150 ( still miss it) , 2010 Lincoln MKZ (I learned that if you stupidly gap and slip through a red light... end of car), 2012 Accord (just does everything well), 91 Corvette (saved the best for last)