Try this,held on with 3m tape and removable sold by most vendors around $100-$120 . I have it off most of the time and never got pulled over :nono:

IMG_1487.jpg

Wondering where you got that front license plate holder?
I had the show and go but it hangs to low and got bumped too often.
The clearance is low on the GS to begin with.
I like the look of yours.

I am in BC too and had to just deal with this as well. I got a Corvette plate mount from GM which had three points of attachment using glue. The stickers peel back and get attached to the front of the car. It isn't great, as I was concerned with damaging the paint, but it has worked okay so far. I know that you can get mounts which allows you to attach the plate by securing it to part of the underside grill. I know someone who found one in Hemming's magazine. I had to act fast as it was only a matter of time before I got pulled over about it. Please let me know if you see something.

Don't have to worry about it here but I would be hard done by to put a plate on the front even if we were suppose to. Have no children so no need to set a good law abiding example either...lol..

I don't know what your law enforcement attitude is there but I would think that given the amount of cars they see from Alberta, that unless you were pulled over for being really bad, or mouthed off to them, something like the front plate (or window tint which is totally illegal here) would be overlooked with maybe just a warning mention of it.

All else fails, the line that I am saving for avoiding a major ticket is " Have you ever driven one of these?" :p

I installed one of those retractable plate mounts. it bolts up from the underside of the front facia. There is no good looking place for a plate on the front of a C6.

Attachments

• Our 2005 Corvette Front .JPG
    Our 2005 Corvette Front .JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I too have the motorized Show 'n Go under the oem splitter on my 2011 GS. Installed correctly, it is darn near invisible and works great.
I use it with a Curb Alert which is set for 18 inches of distance and 2 inches minimum for the height of any curb. They both work great
and have been mounted for over a year and half. The Curb Alert beeper in the cabin lets me know of any potential curb issue.

plate 1.JPG plate 2.JPG plate 3.JPG plate 4.JPG

Reactions: nascar03
Hello Everyone , I finally got my car in my name today after importing it from the states a couple weeks ago. When I got the insurance she gave me 2 plates and I told her there is not a spot on my c6 for the front plate. She said its illegal and I will get a fine. I looked it up and she is right for B.C residents. Anyone got any suggestions???? I don't want to drill any holes in the front and they say putting the plate on your dash is a higher fine.aghhhhhhhhhhh.:swear:
I totally agree!! Here in BC it may be different, not in a good way. I asked the RCMP, officer said its against the law to manipulate a plate, like cutting & fitting into grille. Would he give me a ticket? Maybe, always depends on how we react to them or they're mood at the time. Yes/no? I'm leaving mine off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.