Gee, I almost forgot the main subject matter:

Yeah! no more front plates!

They have been proven to be superfluous and absolutely unnecessary and why on earth can't all the provinces be uniform?

But, there we go again: mixing in 'common sense'........

When will we learn not to do so? :rolleyes:

Colin.:canada::rofl::seeya:

Please forgive my cynicism and negativity today. I'm on the tail end of a nasty and long term cold/flu/strep throat and it's gotten me down somewhat.

Humble apologies to dragging you guys down with me.:confused:
Usually I'm much more positive.:seeya:

Positively your good friend and fellow 'vette lover,
Colin.

Glad to hear you are reaching the end of your illness, it's never fun.

As for my emails I've already received two "form letter replies".

>>>sarcasm alert<<<

I await with great enthusiasm something of substance.

Glad to hear you are reaching the end of your illness, it's never fun.

As for my emails I've already received two "form letter replies".

>>>sarcasm alert<<<

I await with great enthusiasm something of substance.

Wayne.........I hope you've got the patience of Job.

Thanks for the kind words on my recovery; It's been a long time coming, but I believe it's downhill from here. Another week and I'll be top-drawer once again.

C.

I own a 05C6. I bent top and bottom of the plate to fit to the grill and lockwired it in place. I haven't been stopped yet for the mod on the plate. See if it'd work for you guys.

tigertony winnipeg

Hello Tony, good suggestion, but I believe it might be illegal to bend or cut the plates in any way. My thinking is that it's better to have one on the front than not, I guess it all depends on the cop you get when you get pulled over?? We had a guy to 1 of our club meetings showing us a plate bracket from Euro concepts that is very similar to your idea.You cut the plate on the top and bottom and it fits into a nice looking stainless steel frame which then attaches to the grill with wing nuts, I believe it's around $130.00 I will be getting it soon and I'll take some picks and post them. Cheers

:seeya:

Bought my car from a guy in NB, they require a front plate. In NS we don't. The plate bracket on my car looks like it is a factory setup, its painted body color. The mount hooks to the bumper cover and instead of scrwing it he used 2 sided tape. i was able to remove it and you cant tell it was ever there, no holes or marks of any kind

While on the subject of front plates, my 07 came out of BC and I had one of those god awful holders mounted the front bumper, when I took it off I have 2 nice holes drilled in the front bumber, In alberta we don't require front plates, any sugestions would be appericated
thanks Rob

While on the subject of front plates, my 07 came out of BC and I had one of those god awful holders mounted the front bumper, when I took it off I have 2 nice holes drilled in the front bumber, In alberta we don't require front plates, any sugestions would be appericated
thanks Rob
Where abouts are the holes located??
Are the holes by chance through that cover that has the word corvette on it?? If so this plate is replaceable or maybe letter inserts would cover the holes.

Re ontcanuck post. After getting stopped 5 or 6 times and 1 ticket I have purchased this same unit from Zip, It looks like easy on and off and will install it b 4 spring. I still will run without it on and keep it in the back claiming just came from a show and forgot to put it on. Will see how that works.

Lucky to live in Alberta were no front plates required. This is a Ralph Klein legacy. He thought it was a waste of time for police since they had to look at the rear plate to see if it had the stickers on it. It was also claimed that it saved money by not making two plates.

Before he was Premier though it was a requirement and I got a lot of warnings for not having a front plate on any of my cars and trucks. I would never put a front plate on a Vette no matter what.

The best option though that I have seen is the one that folds down.

Cool in Ponoka you say...lol... I go by there to work in Wetaskiwin every day, wiil have to swing by and look him up
Rob

I will be running my new to me vette over to him for touch up on the one scratch I have. Its not very big but its deep so it requires touch up paint then buffed smooth. I got the paint from our local GM dealer here at Ponoka.
I'm sure he would be able to fill, spot paint and buff your bumper. My buddy had both of his vettes completely detailed inside and outside and seems to be very happy with his work.
O ya very nice looking vette.......love the color! Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.