Oct 30, 2010
Chilliwack, B.C
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Indy Pace Car
Hello Everyone , I finally got my car in my name today after importing it from the states a couple weeks ago. When I got the insurance she gave me 2 plates and I told her there is not a spot on my c6 for the front plate. She said its illegal and I will get a fine. I looked it up and she is right for B.C residents. Anyone got any suggestions???? I don't want to drill any holes in the front and they say putting the plate on your dash is a higher fine.aghhhhhhhhhhh.:swear:

Same here in Ontario, Still don't have one on the front of my car. Been stopped 3 times and they have let me off all 3 times. Will keep taking my chances and see what happens this year....:rofl:

Let go

Hey BAD-C5 What did you tell the cops to get off 3 times? I don't run a front plate on my car and have pulled over one time been let go one time.:D

Try this,held on with 3m tape and removable sold by most vendors around $100-$120 . I have it off most of the time and never got pulled over :nono:

IMG_1487.jpg

I had the retractable Show 'N Go plate on my C5 and while it was a great idea, it wasn't always practical. It required A LOT of cleaning. Any road grim, dust and dirt - especially after a rainfall will gunk it up pretty bad. I had a hard time keeping it in a state that would allow it to function properly most of the time.

For the C6, I have a colour-matched plate from Top Flight Reproductions coming that mounts between the lower bumper grille opening. It is suppose to be easy to take on and off so I will give it a try and see how it goes.

I don't have a front license plate on my car in BC and haven't had any problems so far. If they ask I'm going to try "On my way back from a corvette meet". Haha hopefully that'll work :p

If anyone is interested I have a brand new Show and shine manual retractable plate holder that works for both a C5 and the C6. I bought it and then went with the one in the center from Top Flight Reproductions instead. 25 bucks

I'm really surprised that the Motor Vehicle Dept in other parts of the country do not offer a seasonal plate like New Brunswick does. The seasonal plate is good from April 1 to Oct 31. Only the rear plate is required. It comes with 2 stickers, 1 for the plate, and the other for the lower portion of the windshield.
The plate costs an extra $50.00 yearly, but it's worth it to not have to run a front plate and get hassled for it.
The gov of your provinces should see $$ signs and do it for extra revenue.
Anyone with a summer vehicle would do it. Most cars look like crap with a front plate.

area-z51-albums-my-z51-picture317-areaz51a.jpg

I have ran 3 summers with no front plate and have never been stopped. Keep it in the back just in case thou. Fingers crossed.
[mob][/mob]

I did that for a few months only but then felt that I didn't want to push my luck any more. Being familiar with most of the police in town here from my firefighting days may have given me some immunity I suppose but then there's the traffic division who aren't 'flexible' with citations at all.

So I bit the bullet and our man Manny helped me put on a removable plate holder from his supplier.... Now it can be removed easily for events and such and am very pleased with it.

You're welcome to have a look sometime, maybe at the 4th Annual Coping Charity event in May(26th) to see how good it is and how well it works.

Cheers,
Colin

There would be a cost savings to the government if they kept the same fee but only provided one plate.
As we are now getting rid of the penny and raising the OAS to 67 this might be the time to suggest it. I think I'll write my local MPP. I'm already writing my MP to tell them to reduce the pensions they are getting to the same level as any other government employee. I suspect i'll have exactly the same result with both of these requests. :rolleyes:

There would be a cost savings to the government if they kept the same fee but only provided one plate.
As we are now getting rid of the penny and raising the OAS to 67 this might be the time to suggest it. I think I'll write my local MPP. I'm already writing my MP to tell them to reduce the pensions they are getting to the same level as any other government employee. I suspect i'll have exactly the same result with both of these requests. :rolleyes:

Wayne,

Your heart is in the right place and what you say makes a lot of sense.
Unfortunately I believe it'll fall on the deaf ears of totally misguided people(?) in our government who have no clue as to what's sensible, no understanding of what's best for us, and definitely no intention of doing what's right.

If you do write a letter, be prepared for it to do absolutely nothing at all other than give you some satisfaction of having said something intelligent and necessary and of having gotten something important off you chest.

I'd further suggest tho that to get an equal amount of satisfaction you might just as well go change your shirt.

No disrespect or disservice intended to our government figures, but I believe that that's exactly what they've earned themselves.

------------

Thanks for listening. It helped me get a few things of my chest--- besides my shirt.:D

My time at the lectern has finished.:canada::rofl::seeya:

/rant.

BTW -- I try not to discriminate, so I feel exactly the same way about yankee politics as well.
CIAO.
Colin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.