Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Body Side Moldings? Who has them? Who has taken them off? Do you like the cars better with or without them? For non C5 owners as well, do you like the body side moldings on the C5? Would you keep them or toss them? Put up some pics!

I think your face is naked. (you didn't see that one, did you)

I actually know what you mean, but wheels are about $80,000 out of my budget:D, so I've been kicking around the idea of more stripes. And, they better look darn good for me to put more stripes on my car because if I go that far and it looks like crap, I might as well put a giant ROXY across the rear glass as well.

Last edited:
BSM-LESS.!!!! It's much faster this way:D

P1010151.jpg

I like the cars both ways. I may just take one off and leave the other.:D I really do like the protection offered by the BSM, but I would like to try the naked look as well. We'll see how it goes when spring arrives.

I think your going to have to make this decision for your self because there will be one guy who likes it and the next will not, I personally prefer them on.

But I would like to see yours with them off, obviously you want to take them off you have been talking about it for some time so I DARE YOU TO DO IT!!!:D

Brent

Hahaha,
Good point Fernando, the C6 does not have them either, so, since it is rare that the C5 has them, I just may leave them on.:D As for taking them off, today may be good, but it can wait until the weather is nice and I can enjoy a beer at the same time.

And thank goodness it's still my choice, otherwise we would see gangs of C5 owners roaming the streets, looking for cars with BSMs and ripping them off. Then the rival gang from the other side of the city would be looking for C5's to put BSMs on and it would turn into an all out war!

Do you triple dog dare me Brent?

When I bought my car it had the moldings on them, but I hated them so much I got them removed the very next day! A friend of mine owned a detail shop at the time and with his help we removed them, but it took us about six hours! Getting the glue off the paint was the most time consuming part, as the molding itself only took a couple of minutes to remove but it left behind a thick glue residue. Once we got the paint all cleaned up, you couldn't see any evidence at all that they were there, no lines in the paint, nothing.

What did you use to remove the glue? I've heard of 3M Adhesive Remover and Goo Gone....six hours eh? That will be about 24 beers I reckon (with help). Ohh, and say I end up liking the bsms on the car, are they destroyed when you remove them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.