Exactly what I did with my 2019 Grand Sport Vert. Drove it for 3 years then sold it in May for more than $10k over what I paid new. I'm not losing any šŸ˜“ šŸ˜
The criteria is 12 months or (I think) 10k kms. So you were long past that.

The criteria is 12 months or (I think) 10k kms. So you were long past that.

It's 12 months AND 12,000 km. So you need to achieve both before you're "out of the woods". For those who drive their Corvettes "only on the weekends" the 12,000 km seems unfair IMO as it may take a couple years to get there.

My salesman was quite adamant about GM putting me on their "permanent naughty list" (I'll use that metaphor, since we're now closing in on X'mas; ha ha) if I sold before the 12 months or the 12,000 km. I've also been shown an acknowledgement signed by a 2020 C8 buyer for the "12/12" requirement that their dealer said they HAD to sign it because GM required it. My dealer never asked me to sign one, so that seems hit and miss?

On the other hand, I've also known of people who have sold before either of the "12/12" and then bought another C8 from the same dealer...although perhaps they were OK if their first C8 didn't go down to the States??? But Murray knows of an example where GM did enforce this...so anyone contemplating a sale outside of the "12/12" should be aware of the risk and decide if it's worth it or choose to ignore it.

It's 12 months AND 12,000 km. So you need to achieve both before you're "out of the woods". For those who drive their Corvettes "only on the weekends" the 12,000 km seems unfair IMO as it may take a couple years to get there.
I believe a correction was made that said OR 12k for the reason you state

I can always do what I want with my private property. GM can also decide what they want to do with their private property. Maybe there is a nexus. Maybe there is not. Their business model seems short sighted, but hey, thatā€™s just me.

I can buy a ford at dealer cost because I retired from there. I don't want one.
But if I did, the same rules apply. I can't flip it for a year, or 12,000kms, whatever comes first without losing my benefits.
I drive a Ridgeline, which I can sell at my own free will.

You can sell, and you are OK, as long as at some point after you sell it it does not get exported. A friend sold his locally. The purchaser exported it to the US and my friend then got placed on the naughty list.
@Thom I wasn't going to say who it was. Now they will know since you only have 2 friends and it wasn't me! I'm still your friend right? ;)

I would worry more if Toyota , Mazda or Ford would ban me. AS for GM , I would welcome a ban. The last GM Buick I bought in 1992 was riddled with flaws. The only exception would be the Corvette of course

I would worry more if Costco banned me.....
Whoa.... Me too. My favorite pastime is getting to the front of the checkout line on the day before a long weekend and turning around and holding up my sign.

PLACE IN LINE.png

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
I donā€™t believe the 12 months, 12k at all. Review your vehicle purchase agreement. On my deposit vehicle purchase agreement, under the remarks section:
ā€œNot for resale or export, must hold registration for 6 monthsā€ this is hand written in.
This comment is not listed on my actual final vehicle purchase agreement.
When I bought my 2019 Shelby mustang i had to sign a document from Ford that I would not resell the car for one year

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.