If these cars are so hot, and a person doesn’t want to close the deal, why not just ask the dealer for a 5k cheque and let them make 25k...personally I can’t wait for my car!!
My dealer offered me 5k to walk away, then asked how much then...................No thanks

When I was shopping around for a dealer, not one of them was asking for anything more than MSRP. The only dealers I saw asking more than MSRP, were used car dealers.
IMO, any GM dealer asking over MSRP should have their franchise license pulled.
Ordered cars at this, and most dealerships sell to the client that puts down a deposit and ordered the car at MSRP and waits their turn. Dealer owned cars do not. Flipping cars within Canada doesn't affect the dealership. It's the cross border ones that are frowned upon. Like Gilles mentioned, his dealer was fully prepared to cut him a fat cheque to buy back his car before it left the lot. You really think they were going to resell it at MSRP? Yeah Right.
A quick google search reveals the cost of shipping a car across Canada is as little as $450 to as much as $2000. Why would someone pay $20-30k over MSRP?
If you're prepared to scout out a dealer across Canada that has allocation and you can get on the list, you won't pay $20 or $30k over and as you say, can ship the car for less than $2k. But if you dogged around and didn't get on an allocation list, can't find a dealer who has enough allocation, aren't prepared to wait one to two years for your car while your dealer buys lunch everyday with the interest off your deposit, or were at 3000 and all of a sudden GM stopped production, those are the buyers that will spend the big bucks extra to get a new car next week while the rest drool when they see it driving down the street and spend every day on the phone wondering why Joe has a car and John doesn't. JMO

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
"Peshawa...I’ll believe it when I see it. GM is in the business of selling cars, not banning buyers."
JohnP said:

"IMO, any GM dealer asking over MSRP should have their franchise license pulled."

So which is it then? Ban five buyers for exporting a C8 or ban a 2000 vehicle a year dealership for selling their own C8 for whatever a buyer will pay?

• Agree
Reactions: Dik
Just my opinion ...
A Dealership with selling policy and acting in a way seen with very little
difference to what they are discouraging, is Dealership Sales being run by hypocrites.
(important is that I judge a dealership separately from its sales and its service)
To deflect with reasoning of sustaining c8 allocation versus just profiting $30k is
an excuse that smells like poop. Now, if dealership truck and suv allocations were affected
as a result of c8 abuse, that would have me believing with a business level of understanding.
Be honest ... with wanting $30k along with an ambiance of being OK with never seeing a customer again.
They obviously don't give a crap about referrals and servicing. I realized this during many unsuccessful
efforts for a new C7-ZR1 and am absolutely OK by not compromising disposable 💰 nor the level of integrity that I hold myself to.
Again ... it's just opinion.

I have actually seen a "no-resale agreement" signed during three referrals of mine whereas my
referral-purchaser is receiving an awesome price reduction benefit from a "pricing program"
(ie Telus and EPS) whereas a customer will not be able to benefit from the program again
if found abusing the rather short-term no resale agreement.
Unless mandated via Provincial Registry (transfer) and/or Border Services (import/export),
I really can't see a no resell agreement being effective when paying no less than MSRP.

Last edited:
Here's the verbiage that was on my bill of sale about the refund GM is going to give me, Customer agrees to accept program resposibility ( I.E any chargeback vehicle must be retained in Canada for minimum or 12 months and 12,000kms) which is fine no plans on selling

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
All I can say guys is GM is in fact blacklisting folks from buying new GM products if you were complacent in "flipping" a new C8.

It all depends on the scenario. If you or the person you sold it to is a known exporter then kiss goodbye any chances of getting another GM product, especially if the car lands in the U.S. (yes, protectionist measures by GM). Furthermore, there's a stipulation that you must own the vehicle for a certain period of time or mileage.

GM is in the business of selling cars but they also have markets and Corvette image to maintain. They will in fact ban you regardless of whether you knew or didn't know who you sold the car to. Want to test this? I don't advise trying.

I know of two firsthand but cannot elaborate more on it.

Last edited:
To each their own. I’ve expressed my view. No one needs to agree. I was talking more about dealers selling over MSRP not about peeps exporting to the USA. In any event, enjoy your cars or your money!

To each their own. I’ve expressed my view. No one needs to agree. I was talking more about dealers selling over MSRP not about peeps exporting to the USA. In any event, enjoy your cars or your money!

Dealer's aren't allowed to sell over list and they aren't allowed to sell for stock with lists of folks with SRE orders. Any dealership selling over list right now would either have bought the vehicle used or done am agreement to sell after a cancellation but still then, I don't think they can sell over list unless used with mileage and punched.

Is there a way to see how many corvettes a dealer has already delivered?

Is there a way to see how many corvettes a dealer has already delivered?
Like the total they've ever received and sold? No, best you can do is ask them how many yearly allocations they get and make a guesstimate based on that. You won't find the exact number on a list somewhere.

As the word “suggested” implies, the car dealerships are under no obligation to actually sell a stock vehicle at the M (Suggested) RP. Car dealers can set their own prices and advertise vehicles for whatever the market demands once that car is invoiced and paid for by them. No time limit and no mileage required. A car special ordered at MSRP, or a car on the lot advertised for MSRP must be sold for MSRP (dealer admin and PDI extra). That's law.
Since the market is high demand for C8's (and other high end, short supply cars and trucks), if the dealer is able to acquire these cars by cancelled special orders or cutting the buyer a fat cheque for his special order, the car then gets a 'sticker' price and can be sold legally for whatever a buyer will pay. In a perfect world, a very fair dealer would offer that car to someone who has yet to pay for their car, and further down on their special order allocation list, and at MSRP but perfect worlds are few and far between. Maybe @Andrew Spencer or one of the other CCF vender dealers would like to chime in as it appears there are still many assumptions out there.

View attachment 80765

Dropped in to my dealer for an oil change on my Vette yesterday and my buddy took me back to look at the red mist HTC they were doing the pre delivery on. He has a ceramic and a white on on the way that will go up for sale on the floor as well. I indicated that none of our guys will consider $30k over and he totally understood. In partial defense of the dealers that are selling their C8 in stock cars over MSRP, he enlightened me on a couple of items.
They started out sticking to MSRP most of the way through the inaugural year but had some problems. Five MSRP sales were immediately flipped into the US for mega bucks profit. The big no-no flag went up from GM and they were immediately penalized five of their upcoming allocations for 2021. I mentioned the paper that some dealers make you sign regarding flipping your car to the US before some period of time and mileage and he promptly told me a sheet of Charmin A$$ wipe carried more authority than that did. A GM ban on the flipper does go into effect though and good luck ever buying another new GM vehicle anywhere (They may sell you a Spark if you beg). In short he concluded that these are the crooks that ruined MSRP on C8's at many places but it's the dealers that are called the A holes. It was losing the five allocations that pissed him off the most.
To a degree, I can see his point but I still informed him that $30 over is a hard pill to swallow. Obviously it doesn't affect their sales as that red mist HTC above sold at $30 over and he already has people calling on the other two in transit. Until supply catches up with demand, it doesn't appear that will change so if your dealer is sticking to MSRP on their own C8's, good on them but I'm guessing that all of those cancelled after ordered cars go straight to the showroom floor and MSRP on those disappears instantly. There's the explanation of why cancelled orders seldom moves buyers up in the queue.
I guess that’s the trick of the trade. I’ll keep hunting for something old something new something borrowed some blue. Hey wait a minute am I getting !!!!!!! to a Corvette. Cheers 🥂😄💕😎😷 no rush. Save the best for last.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.