it does'nt don, that's a good idea. i have a 4500 lb winch for the trailer coming today and i'll make up a mounting plate for use on the lift as well. believe it or not sometimes vettes and racecars do break !!! there is a wheel kit with the lift that i will use to transform the lift into a large scaffold to insulate the attic and put up the ceiling. the installers told me it works great for that.

there's no such thing as too much space. a lot of the equipment has a new home - the carport is nearly complete.
008.JPG

Too much space?????? Not a chance. There is an old saying, "Tools and junk will accumulate to fill any given space." This always holds true from what I have seen. House, garage or storage shed, it holds true every time. ;)

the shop is almost done. insulated and heated. setting up the benches and tool now and getting rid of construction debris. still some wiring to do, some 20 amp outlets and some 240v lines for the big stuff. no big deal now putting the cars to bed - don't even need to put antifreeze in the racecar anymore, it was a pain to do twice a year.
for some reason the photo's turned out dark ???

001.JPG

001.JPG

009.JPG

004.JPG

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 5
Been great following along Doug -- Nice to see it close to finished. It's been a long journey for you and I'll bet even longer without your 4-legged helper (Josie).........I'm sure she's with you in spirit tho to help you thru.

Great job man -- You must be proud.

C.

It's been quite a while since I last checked your progress Doug. You are quite the handyman! The shop turned out great! Congratulations on a job well done! :thumbs:

thanks for the good comments boys, it has been a big project and hopefully the lakehouse sells so we can move in. this winter we'll be building some fenderwell headers for the racecar and doing some tuning on the chevelle's 427. yes colin, it can get awfully lonely at times without josie. she was such a wonderful friend and companion, i have her collar and leash hanging in the shop.

IMG_20150412_170451.jpg

Reactions: CCO and 12cents
brings tears to my eyes remembering that pic last spring...........please get another 'buddy' to share your lives ....... I'll bet there's a rescue down at the pound just waiting for your love and expertise.

In the meantime g/l with the sale of the lakehouse and moving into the new digs b4 winter.

Hi Greg, great to see you checkin' in brother.
C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread