May 6, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
BC
Hi All on this forum,

With over 1.5 years since my first deposit, I heard from my Salesman in an Edmonton dealership yesterday, that my C8 order is accepted by GM during this January allocation. Interesting enough, this happened a day before the Eray launch.

I can't tell how excited I am, but seems that it's now the time to start sorting everything out and I'm having tons of questions. For any pro tips and advice, much appreciate it.

1. I'm curious how the order process is and when should I expect my C8 to be delivered. I only have an order number currently, my salesman sent over an Order Workbench with my order number, name, address, and spec sheets for my build on it. Seems like I cannot make major changes but I can add in some options like the Dark emblem and maybe the black exhaust tip.

2. I'm from Vancouver BC and will need to register this vehicle with ICBC. Anyone tips and advices? What should I pay off the door on taxes when I pick this vehicle up at Edmonton?

3. Accordingly, I will need to move this vehicle from EDM to Van. Any recommendations regarding transportation? Is it a good trip to drive it back?

4. I may be trading in one of my vehicles but the one I'm leaning on is on a lease. Should I buy out the lease and trade it in for tax savings? Or can I trade in a leased vehicle and save taxes the same way? Sorry I'm a noob regarding buying cars LOL

I can't wait to finally join the C8 owners, the day is way overdue..........

Reactions: ve2yzb
Accepted by GM is code 2000. It should quickly move to 3000, but then the wait begins. It could be anywhere from 2 to 4 months to move to 3300. Then it moves rather quickly and it takes about a week to move to 3400 and another week to get produced. If all is well it takes only a day or 2 to go to 4000 and within a 10 business days it will get shipped.

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
1100 Order Placed at Dealership - status order requests by dealers
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”)
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - Awaiting Prep
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

1....You might get it sometime in April.

2..You will pay the federal luxury tax and GST at the dealer. ICBC will collect the B.C.tax. You probably won't need a B.C. vehicle inspection because it is new.

3..Depending on the time of the year, the drive down the Yellowhead highway is great.

4..It's up to you to decide this one.

Accepted by GM is code 2000. It should quickly move to 3000, but then the wait begins. It could be anywhere from 2 to 4 months to move to 3300. Then it moves rather quickly and it takes about a week to move to 3400 and another week to get produced. If all is well it takes only a day or 2 to go to 4000 and within a 10 business days it will get shipped.

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
3800 Vehicle Produced
4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
Thanks Murray, I'm curious if I can still add in couple options at 2000 status. I'm hoping to add in the Stingray R package, black exhaust tip, and dark emblem.

1....You might get it sometime in April.

2..You will pay the federal luxury tax and GST at the dealer. ICBC will collect the B.C.tax. You probably won't need a B.C. vehicle inspection because it is new.

3..Depending on the time of the year, the drive down the Yellowhead highway is great.

4..It's up to you to decide this one.
Appreciate the input! I'm looking at quotes oever 2k for enclosed from EDM to Van, so maybe I'll drive it back, we'll see

Thanks Murray, I'm curious if I can still add in couple options at 2000 status. I'm hoping to add in the Stingray R package, black exhaust tip, and dark emblem.
No, unfortunately. Not unless your real name is Rick Hendricks.

No, unfortunately. Not unless your real name is Rick Hendricks.
That's unfortunate.... I do see that on the order workbench pages my salesman printed out, the MSRP is less than what it will cost right now after the sneaky price increases. Does this mean I got price protection on my order? I submitted my build quite a while ago to the dealership

I called him yesterday and he told me the Allocation was assigned to my order. I do have an order number. Is there any other info I should be asking for?

Thanks again
He may have just meant he has your allocation. It takes a few days to actually be able to assign it once an allocation has been received.
IF you want to make changes it has to be done before the allocation is matched to the order in the Workbench software.
Usually a dealer asked you if you want any changes before he actually assigns the order to the allocation

That's unfortunate.... I do see that on the order workbench pages my salesman printed out, the MSRP is less than what it will cost right now after the sneaky price increases. Does this mean I got price protection on my order? I submitted my build quite a while ago to the dealership
I believe you are price protected, but I assume you have a copy of the sales agreement? That is your price protection agreement

BTW, that stuff can be added once you receive your car. It will cost more, but things like hte center caps and stingray logo can all be ordered later.

BTW, that stuff can be added once you receive your car. It will cost more, but things like hte center caps and stingray logo can all be ordered later.
I'm basically looking for that R stripe on the hood, don't care much about the caps. Worst case I'll get a shop to do a stripe or sth but would prefer everything factory.

Greatly appreciate your input

Reactions: Murray20c8

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
3800 Vehicle Produced
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
Called the Sales Manager at the dealership yesterday as my salesman is away till next Monday, and found out that my order is already at 3300 with no production week scheduled yet

Really surprised I did not receive a call since October 2022 to confirm my specs before finalizing the order, and only to find out it's getting REAL close to getting my C8. I'll be missing out on some options but not the end of the world IMO. Plus I did get price protection against the MSRP increases to save a few thousand $. Can't be mad at that.

I guess I'll probably see my C8 in a month or 2, maybe even sooner.... Gotta work out finance stuff now.

Called the Sales Manager at the dealership yesterday as my salesman is away till next Monday, and found out that my order is already at 3300 with no production week scheduled yet

Really surprised I did not receive a call since October 2022 to confirm my specs before finalizing the order, and only to find out it's getting REAL close to getting my C8. I'll be missing out on some options but not the end of the world IMO. Plus I did get price protection against the MSRP increases to save a few thousand $. Can't be mad at that.

I guess I'll probably see my C8 in a month or 2, maybe even sooner.... Gotta work out finance stuff now.
Ya, a good dealer will make sure you are happy with your build before assigning the allocation to it.
If you are at 3300 then it is scheduled. I'm surprised your dealer doesn't know how to see the TPW! I'm almost positive it's there at 3300.
Anyway in 7 to 10 days you'll be at 3400 with a vin and another 7 to 14 days you will be at 3800 (built) and another 2 to 10 days it will ship.
I have no idea about shipping to BC so you'll have to chat with others about that.

Reactions: NickRapidC8
A dealer "work sheet" and a deposit receipt from 18 months ago won't give you price protection.
I ordered and left deposit with a dealer in Feb, 2020, took delivery April 1, 2022. The invoice had several increases added.
Let's see what happens with yours.
The Sales Manager told me on the phone that MSRP is showing as before increased in the system, it was printed on the Work sheet there as well.
I'm sure I'll be charged the 699 dealer fee and increased deliver freight though.....

Ya, a good dealer will make sure you are happy with your build before assigning the allocation to it.
If you are at 3300 then it is scheduled. I'm surprised your dealer doesn't know how to see the TPW! I'm almost positive it's there at 3300.
Anyway in 7 to 10 days you'll be at 3400 with a vin and another 7 to 14 days you will be at 3800 (built) and another 2 to 10 days it will ship.
I have no idea about shipping to BC so you'll have to chat with others about that.
My birthday's on March.3rd, maybe I'll even get it as a birthday gift LOL!

Thanks again Murray, really appreciate your advice here!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.