Make sure the allocation is actually yours and not somebody else’s as that’s what happened to me. Flew to Alberta from BC only to find out I had absolutely nothing even though I have messages confirming my order was accepted by GM.

As for the tax situation, if you want to roll them in the vehicle financing, tell the dealer, and they can do that otherwise expect to pay the remainder in full at ICBC. No inspection is required. You will need a bill of sale and a new vehicle information sheet (NVIS) to register the car.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Make sure the allocation is actually yours and not somebody else’s as that’s what happened to me. Flew to Alberta from BC only to find out I had absolutely nothing even though I have messages confirming my order was accepted by GM.

As for the tax situation, if you want to roll them in the vehicle financing, tell the dealer, and they can do that otherwise expect to pay the remainder in full at ICBC. No inspection is required. You will need a bill of sale and a new vehicle information sheet (NVIS) to register the car.
I do see my name on the order and my build in the order workbench as well. Hopefully it's actually mine, very unfortunate and waste of time and money for you there.

I thought I'll have to pay PST anyways since I need to register and insure the vehicle with ICBC (Greedy & Shady SMH). What do you refer by "roll them in the vehicle financing"? I'm most likely going to try paying for this vehicle in full as current rates are prob over 8%. Please let me know if this has nothing to do with any kind of tax savings.

Thanks Murray, TPW is 1/30 from Shane
That is great, and unbelievably fast... Wondering when you went to 2000? Im guessing its when you made the original post so sometime around or before Jan 17?

Im at 2000 now and would like to know whether its reasonable to expect it by late march for my inlaw's visit. Would be a great experience with him.

That is great. Wondering when you went to 2000? Im at 2000 now and would like to know whether its reasonable to expect it by late march for my inlaw's visit. Would be a great experience with him.
I actually don't know when my order was 2000. I only found out this is at 3300 last Monday when I called my salesman at the dealership for a position in line update with my previous conversation with him back in November 2022. Although he's always told me to expect a car Spring 2023 so I guess it kinda made sense... Purchasing a vehicle these days is such a unique experience

I actually don't know when my order was 2000. I only found out this is at 3300 last Monday when I called my salesman at the dealership for a position in line update with my previous conversation with him back in November 2022. Although he's always told me to expect a car Spring 2023 so I guess it kinda made sense... Purchasing a vehicle these days is such a unique experience
Wow that is quite unexpected.. but congrats on possibly getting it earlier than expected

Wow that is quite unexpected.. but congrats on possibly getting it earlier than expected
It indeed is. Thanks and I hope you can see yours very soon. From what I've seen from this thread, it can take months from 2000 to 3000 so it may be a bit more wait time for you down the road. How long have you been on the waiting list?

It indeed is. Thanks and I hope you can see yours very soon. From what I've seen from this thread, it can take months from 2000 to 3000 so it may be a bit more wait time for you down the road. How long have you been on the waiting list?
Actually 2000 to 3000 should happen quickly. It's 3000 to 3300 that can take months. At 3000 parts availability and timing of their delivery is what can take several months.

Thanks, ive been on a list in Ontario since Oct 2021. Hopefully I can move to 3300 fast..
I actually have a deposit with my local BC dealer since Oct2021 as well, as of last week I'm still at least 30 away LOL. They suggested markups will speed up the process but I'm about to take my deposit back.

And same here I'm getting a 2LT HTC Z51 Magride, pretty highly optioned. MSRP at 115k including dealer fees and delivery..... Very deep into my poor pocket LOL

Reactions: Murray20c8
I actually have a deposit with my local BC dealer since Oct2021 as well, as of last week I'm still at least 30 away LOL. They suggested markups will speed up the process but I'm about to take my deposit back.

And same here I'm getting a 2LT HTC Z51 Magride, pretty highly optioned. MSRP at 115k including dealer fees and delivery..... Very deep into my poor pocket LOL
Dude I also got to 115k msrp. 3LT HTC Z51. I was trying hard to keep it under 100k. But I tested out a HTC for a day with my wife and she convinced me to spend the extra 10k to buy the convertible.

The worst part is paying $3000 on the stupid luxury tax, on top of our already ridiculous sales tax and income taxes. Thanks Trudeau.

Dude I also got to 115k msrp. 3LT HTC Z51. I was trying hard to keep it under 100k. But I tested out a HTC for a day with my wife and she convinced me to spend the extra 10k to buy the convertible.

The worst part is paying $3000 on the stupid luxury tax, on top of our already ridiculous sales tax and income taxes. Thanks Trudeau.
Yes I think to go under 100k without sacrificing too many of these nice options completely take away the Convertible option... I'm planning to keep everything factory so had to pay extra in exterior (Rims, paints, painted roof etc) 115K for a 3LT is very nice comparing to my 2LT LOL.

And yes, no one wants to pay stupid taxes, complete robbery while they find tons of ways to burn money

The worst part is paying $3000 on the stupid luxury tax, on top of our already ridiculous sales tax and income taxes. Thanks Trudeau

I think you are only paying an extra $1050 in tax on your 115k purchase. I am usually wrong though...

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller

Yes I think to go under 100k without sacrificing too many of these nice options completely take away the Convertible option... I'm planning to keep everything factory so had to pay extra in exterior (Rims, paints, painted roof etc) 115K for a 3LT is very nice comparing to my 2LT LOL.

And yes, no one wants to pay stupid taxes, complete robbery while they find tons of ways to burn money

And then you have dummies like me who pay more than MSRP to avoid waiting on a list...for a loaded 2023 3LT HTC (Anniversary Edition package) that works out to an MSRP of $140,000 all inclusive, once ALL Alberta and luxury taxes are added in (I'd hate to think what people in BC would pay). So I paid over $140,000...this compared to the less than $100,000 MSRP I paid for my 2020 C8 2LT HTC with nice options.

Welcome to the "new reality" of Corvette pricing...only getting worse with the Z06, E-Ray and soon-to-be ZR1 and Zora. Then we get to start all over with the all-EV C9 generation with its ++++++++++++++ hype about off-the-chart 0-60 etc. "super-car" performance times, which GM will shout from the rooftops as justification for the C9 pricing. But hey, by then we'll have Corvette SUV's and separate Corvette dealerships...where you'll receive free specialty coffee, fresh donuts and other snacks...it's "only money" right?...so what's there to complain about??

Reactions: scraze66
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.