@Tango That was difficult to read. >.<

What do you mean?

So round 2 at another dealer near my home. What a disaster, and from what I saw I think I prefer dealing with a person selling his used car than a dealership. I was led to a salesman with a face so red and the way he acted I knew something was off and then I figured it out when he started to sniff and sniff and sniff some more, typical cocaine guy. While he was trying to find a grey one in the system I took a look at the one in the show room, he said it was the bare bones(1LT). Take a look at the picture below, is it me that's not reading it right or did they add options on it that are not supposed to be from factory on the bare bones model?

So anyway, he checked the system and it seems there is only one grey one out there. I went to go and sit in the black one in the showroom and the door wouldn't open so I told him the battery was dead. He and another salesman tried to find the key fob for 5-10 minutes in several cubicles and kept trying to open the door with it, after I told them 3-4 times the battery was dead one of guys them tried to pry the trunk hatch with his bare fingers!! I told him to take out the key from the fob and open the trunk. He didn't know there was a key in the fob, then I showed him where to put the key he fiddled with the lock for a few moments and finally got the trunk open. Since they were both clueless I opened the door manually from the trunk. Thank you Doug DeMuro for your educational u-tube videos!!:cool::cool:

After all this circus he says the price is 75K plus taxes, I said what?? Shouldn't it be like 61 000$ ?? He said In order to get a 7K discount you have to pay it in full on the spot. So that was the last nail in the coffin for this second dealer. I'll call Toronto directly but even then I think I'm better off buying used.

B (2) - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
On the way to Toronto stop into a Dealership in Cobourg.
There's an up-and-up salesperson there that may save all the BS,
and might be able to help to mutually find a Corvette to suit you.
The person's name you might ask?
Ummm send a message to @EJChevy as I'm pretty sure he knows him quite well.

All these numbers people are throwing around in messages are of very
little help if they don't come with MSRP and advertised asking prices together.
For those of us who tend to just watch how your hunt matures,
MSRP says a lot about the Corvette where otherwise we are clueless on specs.

The photo of the "birth certificate" above is sweet (perfect).
I like that Corvette - thumbs up man. I never even thought that there were
French only stickers. I'd find having both Canadian versions for mine rather awesome.
anyway ...
Deal the best price and buy it or not. We have no awards on here larger
than your smile that you will have while driving a Corvette of your own.
In fact no matter what, someone may claim they got a better deal than you get ...
and such comparison truly does not matter.

Now price? Well
if it were in Alberta, currently seems every new vehicle has an awesome discounted price.
However ... Just last night, the Finance Minister is telling me (us) on TV that the Economy isn't too bad
in Canada - so the "Alberta pricing" I see here might not be that easy wherever he's talking about.
JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents and frankmp
I called the Toronto dealer and his story checks out, a 1LT for 61 300$. It is stored in a warehouse. I would have to get my bank to finance a portion of it and I'd have to get my towing once I paid for it. I would be in a rush to find storage or leave it parked in the snowy driveway. I didn't think to ask if he could keep it instorage and he didn't offer to keep it in storage after I talked about having it towed..

The used metallic orange car I was looking at, the guy didn't reply to my email or phone call message, so that's disappointing, maybe he's away?

Since the grey ones with manual transmissions in the price range I want to are a little hard to find at the moment I'm thinking of this one (check link below) The cool thing is that I'll be able to deal the price down since it's a used car and I like that it has red seats which gives it a little more exotic feel. The guy said it could stay in their storage till spring. I'd love to have the red trim around the gauge clusters I guess it can be done eventually?

This is the top contender at the moment :

1.jpg

8.jpg

@Tango

May I recommend starting a new thread on finding your Corvette? The thread is getting off-topic.

It's too bad you cannot find what you're looking for in a new Corvette. $61k is how much someone would pay for that one, brand new.

This is a good thread topic for me...I have been a making dinner for the wife and keeping the house tidy since I was 47, over 4 years ago...she digs it...I have my own $$...saved my pennies and after 25 years in the banking industry I had to get out...and with her support I have happily bought the toys during this time (with my own$$) ..the usual atv, sled, then a new Goldwing...anyways I have been warming her up to the vette idea for a few years and I genuinely feel it will be something we can enjoy together...she had no interest in the Wing so I sold it....which pays for about 40% of a vette...she is seeming supportive..we shall see...I am going for it but he still has 5 years until retirement and her income is about 5 times mine so I do consider myself very fortunate...as others have commented previously having a vette is something I have wanted forever and she does get that..well I better go learn a couple of new dishes and book a cruise for the wife..

Reactions: BDK and Kanuck
@Tango

May I recommend starting a new thread on finding your Corvette? The thread is getting off-topic.

It's too bad you cannot find what you're looking for in a new Corvette. $61k is how much someone would pay for that one, brand new.

All threads usually drift and die. Sure my post #42 and #45 can be moved but this is the story of the events that relates to my original post. This is a journey that starts by having an angry GF, then being somewhat okay with it and then reverting to giving me flak while I try to get my way and shop for a car while trying to smooth things out and convince her at the same time. No story and people lose interest reading the same thing or not knowing what happens next. A good story needs a beginning, a middle and an end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
I really don’t understand this whole concept of being “afraid” of one’s significant other.
Why fight over a car, if your needs are met?
I love and respect my wife 100%. She knows I bust my rear-end at the office (25 years self-employed, started poorer than poor), I’m home every night for supper, I love our kids, I put money away for retirement, the mortgage and bills are paid on time - generally speaking, we lack for nothing.
So....when I was thunder-struck by the C7 Z06, and I knew I was going to achieve owning one some day, she could only be supportive.
I’m thankful to have a wonderful, intelligent, insightful wife who knows enough to let me have my toy.
E30D9294-3447-45BC-A661-598185D6F317.jpeg

Make storage continuing until spring (set a date) a part of your offer to purchase.
Don’t ask for it ... just say its a part of your offer and have it written in the conditions of purchase especially if you sign it. Avoid verbal promises when you can.
That may have very good value that you can realize in your purchase amount. Many would not find value in that unless its needed.

Example from my past:
So I may have paid a bit more than the next guy BUT, 0% financing, a car cover and a few more goodies got added in at no extra cost. It was on my offer to buy and as its on my purchase agreement, everything is included in the no loss depreciation insurance value.

Reactions: BDK and Tango
I really don’t understand this whole concept of being “afraid” of one’s significant other.
I love and respect my wife 100%. She knows I bust my rear-end at the office (25 years self-employed, started poorer than poor), I’m home every night for supper, I love our kids, I put money away for retirement, the mortgage and bills are paid on time - generally speaking, we lack for nothing.
So....when I was thunder-struck by the C7 Z06, and I knew I was going to achieve owning one some day, she could only be supportive.
I’m thankful to have a wonderful, intelligent, insightful wife who knows enough to let me have my toy.View attachment 34364

Screw the thread....tell us about your garage....

On the weekend my wife wanted to go shopping state side with her girlfriend. I said I'm going to place my order for the new C8 hardtop convertible. She said ok. Later on her way home she said she spent a lot on Christmas gifts and groceries. I said I bet I spent a lot more. She laughed. We get along great and never argue about money or anything else. Life is to short. Enjoy the time you have.

Screw the thread....tell us about your garage....
Had it done by an outfit from Toronto - GarageLiving. They were terrific. Prompt, stuck to quote 100%. Tidy and professional. The floor is coated with a polyaspartate coating. Slat wall and diamond plate finish it nicely. I did source out the cabinets myself - newageproducts.com. TV from walmart lol.
Frankly, when I knew the Z was coming (factory order), I figured it should have a nice home.
Garage cost 1/4 of what the car did...worth every penny, it’s my happy place - heated for winter and a/c for summer.

I’m thankful to have a wonderful, intelligent, insightful wife who knows enough to let me have my toy.View attachment 34364
Why does your car have its locker room .... and where can I get one? Wow, nice garage ... I mean locker room.

Reactions: BDK and RonsterZ06
Had it done by an outfit from Toronto - GarageLiving. They were terrific. Prompt, stuck to quote 100%. Tidy and professional. The floor is coated with a polyaspartate coating. Slat wall and diamond plate finish it nicely. I did source out the cabinets myself - newageproducts.com. TV from walmart lol.
Frankly, when I knew the Z was coming (factory order), I figured it should have a nice home.
Garage cost 1/4 of what the car did...worth every penny, it’s my happy place - heated for winter and a/c for summer.
Was going to ask the same question on the garage--it's a beauty. I've seen GarageLiving around, and think I might give them a call.
What is the price/sqft for something like that? Also, how are you heating the garage?

Reactions: RonsterZ06
Was going to ask the same question on the garage--it's a beauty. I've seen GarageLiving around, and think I might give them a call.
What is the price/sqft for something like that? Also, how are you heating the garage?
GarageLiving was phenomenal. Rep was Jonathan Steyn. Great guy. Floor is ~$6/sq.ft. - my garage is 1000sq.ft, so $6K for floor. Slat wall and diamond plate was another $13K or so...I think all in was $25K with a Lennox/Allied gas furnace and a Daiken 2 ton a/c.
As mentioned heat is a Lennox/Allied gas furnace. Great unit, quiet and efficient. Walls are R12, ceiling R50.

Reactions: BDK and lupo
Make storage continuing until spring (set a date) a part of your offer to purchase.
Don’t ask for it ... just say its a part of your offer and have it written in the conditions of purchase especially if you sign it. Avoid verbal promises when you can.
That may have very good value that you can realize in your purchase amount. Many would not find value in that unless its needed.

Example from my past:
So I may have paid a bit more than the next guy BUT, 0% financing, a car cover and a few more goodies got added in at no extra cost. It was on my offer to buy and as its on my purchase agreement, everything is included in the no loss depreciation insurance value.

I'll start with an offer of 8K less than advertised and go from there plus storage, If it isn't close to this then I'll tell him I'll go to Toronto and get the new one. I'm not too bothered leaving the car in the snow in my driveway.

Reactions: BDK
This stuff is not hard to figure out. Happy wife, happy life. My first collector car came with granite counter tops. How could I argue?
My wife made me sell my both my C6's and buy a C7.
If a guy goes to Barrett Jackson and wants to buy a car and his wife says she want a fur coat, he buys her a coat.
Its called compromise.
If you are fortunate to have a great partner in your life, then you are blessed.
Cheers everyone
I forgot to mention "Happy second Wife"
More of you may understand now.

Competition seats are very tight and most find them not too comfortable. I passed on a great GS deal due to the seats.
Over 10,000kms on the Bowling Green trip and no seat issues at all and I was born in the very early 50;s and if the seats aren't good my back will let me know. I find the C7 seats are more comfortable than the C6 we had

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.