(Off topic)
Not just one but many, I had to implement double signatures on my work orders for service calls because some groups of people would argue when it was time to pay. In French the term is "They listen to what they want to hear" some argued the hourly rate was a fixed price, labor, materials and taxes included. Some would argue they did not want to pay taxes etc. Did you know some of them try to haggle the price with the cashier at home depot? :Lurk5:And many many more things, like one time a group of creole women stole my work order and argued the pipe installation for a future dishwasher was included, It wasn't agreed upon in the beginning and they had no dishwasher anyway!! I was at my last connection when this happened they were screaming like banshees and the young adult daughter, who was the only sane person in this place, was trying to calm her hysteric mom. I removed all my brand new water pipes for their new fridge... I had to threaten to call the police to get my work order back and got only a fraction of the job paid because I had to fix a broken drain in the basement. I no longer work for these group. Anyway other white folks turn ugly too. Reason why I think, they are angry to pay money to have their plumbing repaired instead that money could go towards a new T.V. A TV brings them pleasure but not drinking water. They hate to have to pay for their only toilet to be unclogged, it should be next to free.

They have no idea how extensive the education is, the licensing and legal hoops in Quebec to be a master plumber, I probably spent more time in class and diplomas than a lawyer.

(Back on topic), I see you guys have it good with your wives, nice. Yesterday after speaking with her dad about my shopping, she started her negative speech again, this time I told her to stop breaking my fun at looking for a C7, it's my money, I can afford it and I'm going to finance half of it and keep the other half for rainy days. I'm shopping to get one before summer, I want to go to the Italian festival in style and like all you guys say we aren't getting any younger.:) Looking at an ad today I saw an 2015 orange vette. I think it's my favorite color from the pallet they offer, my second vote would be grey. She really didn't like orange, Whatever, good thing we don't live together! To reply to @Riley P I will never allow us to live together, I need my space, my things, my life. It's very uncommon to live separately in a relationship but for me it's the only way. Living together I'd lose and I probably even be in business for myself because all the effort and hours it takes. I saw too many men get washed away. Nope!
Off topic. It's sad how some people are with bills. I feel your pain. I had a customer once that wanted a quote on doing some work. I gave her a quote and started work and more work got added ,there were plumbing problems I fixed etc etc etc. When it came time to pay she would not pay more than the original Quote. I worked real cheap on that one. Later she wanted more work done. I told her I was too busy ..Will never work for her again..
back on topic..It would seem you know what you want and you know how to make it work for you.. Good luck in you search for your vette..

Tango, that 87 looks great!!!!

In that case here's a few more! I had taken several pictures. The GF confided yesterday saying I should of purchased the 87, I said What??? Why did you say it looked like grandpa's car?? She said I didn't want you to have it but it's nice. Too late now and too bad because I'm going for a recent one that costs a hell of a lot more. It was on sale for 8000$ if I remember correctly. I don't particularly like the C4 generation but this one was really beautiful.

A (2).jpg

A (21) - Copy.jpg
A (25).jpg
A (6) - Copy.jpg

F-that happy wife shite!

If she's not happy with *whatever*, I could care less. She's welcome to use the door. I've got better things to do with my life than spend my time keeping *her* happy or adjusting my life so she's not "upset".

I tried that "happy wife" philosophy with the first wife. Yeah, you read that right. I said "first wife". It doesn't work. All it does is make you more and more resentful until you finally can't stand her BS any longer.

Second wife is happy just for me to be happy. And, surprisingly enough, that makes me want to reciprocate and treat her right.

"Happy wife happy life" is a one sided recipe for disaster. Sooner or later, you begin to think there's gotta be something more to life. Shortly after that, you're single again.....

Probably nothing new but I've seen a guy drive around the city around 15 years back with a red/gold C3 and on the back screen it wrote "What a Life Without a wife" Now I understand!

:ROFL:

Last edited:
In that case here's a few more! I had taken several pictures. The GF confided yesterday saying I should of purchased the 87, I said What??? Why did you say it looked like grandpa's car?? She said I didn't want you to have it but it's nice. Too late now and too bad because I'm going for a recent one that costs a hell of a lot more. It was on sale for 8000$ if I remember correctly. I don't particularly like the C4 generation but this one was really beautiful.

.View attachment 34271
Ah yess, the ol' "Greenwood" body kit .

My 88 came with one as well:

fr_4050_size880.jpg

It's about the ony body kit that looks half decent on a C4, minus that monstrous rear spoiler. I took mine off a few months after buying the car, but left the lowers.

Probably nothing new but I've seen a guy drive around the city around 15 years back with a red/gold C3 and on the back screen it wrote "What a Life Without a wife" Now I understand!

:ROFL:

Not going to give you what my advice on the GF is..... but will say you will love the 2015 colour...and the Vette will give you a lot more pleasure than many other things. As you can see, DSOM is my fav colour as well.

rruuff.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Tango
Not going to give you what my advice on the GF is..... but will say you will love the 2015 colour...and the Vette will give you a lot more pleasure than many other things. As you can see, DSOM is my fav colour as well.

I fell in love with an orange C7 when I saw one near the supply house. I would look at it enviously and asking myself how do they do it, you know earn enough money to buy one. I sent the guy a message about his car for sale but no news yet. I think I'll have to call this week end and ask him to read my email. Do you pull a chair and admire it like one of the guy's here?;) I used to do that when I had lifted 4Runners with big tires.

Check this out, only gearheads and car guys understand. You'll love it.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
That was a great vid. Thx for posting. Yeah.I go out and have coffee with my car in my man cave every morning. Come February the cover comes off and i give her a quick wash (cause she's already clean).. and I spend two days waxing, polishing, detailing.... getting her ready for springs first drive. My cave is my Fortress of Solitude... Not quite frozen tundra away from civilization, but close enough... lol....

DSCN4979r.jpg

DSOM is a beautiful color, would have been my first choice !!

When I was looking to purchase the Vette, the wife and I discussed it at length. It was a bit complicated because I already have a dedicated Summer car that I am keeping.
Buying the Vette was simply something that I wanted as a reward for all my (our :) ) hard work and for her and I to go cruising on the Weekends or Evenings when time allowed.
We spent a lot of our early years paving the way for our future, now we can satisfy all of our needs and some of our wants, her answer was..........go for it !

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK
Married 37 years, together for 40 years. Bills paid, a little saved, no wolf at the door, we leave each other to do what makes us happy. Occasionally there is a nexus of those things. She would be pissed if the bills weren't paid and the car took precedence over groceries but other than that it's all cool. I come home regularly to new furniture, new appliances, new shoes, and the same philosophy applies. I like sitting on the new couch and she likes us taking the Corvette for a spin together.

I told her yesterday I bought a new 4 post lift and she told me a new sectional was being delivered by Wayfair next week. Life's good.
That’s exactly the way it should be. Good for you. This “My wife won’t let me” stuff sets me off on a rant. Just like you, we buy and do whatever we want. Nobody is the boss.

Nice setup Rruuff Day.

I’ve been married 46 years. Met my wife in my last year of college when I was driving a '67 Corvette Coupe that was my only car and a daily driver. Fast forward to about 2 weeks after the C8 was announced. Wife and I were driving somewhere and I had been telling her about all the new things that were being introduced with the C8. She said … "you know if you want to buy one just go ahead and get it ... you deserve it". To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I told her I really appreciated that she would feel that way but the ’67 Coupe, frame off re-conditioning that I’m still trying to get finished is like an old friend, and you don't give up on old friends. To that she said ... you can keep both if you want to, I didn’t say you would have to sell the '67. No doubt in my mind that I choose wisely when I married.

Good luck with your decisions Tango.

So I stopped at a dealership Saturday afternoon with the GF and there were 2 C7s in the showroom. I knew more about the car than he did and I don't know too much except from what I'm been reading for a while. So anyway I looked at a grey grand sport with a price tag of over a 100 thousand dollars and there beside it sat a red Z06, I said I was checking it out to see what it looked like in person but I was shopping for a base model 1LT, he didn't know what that was! Right off the bat he was saying he'd make a good deal on the grand sport because he had to fill the end of the year quota and the dealer had to beat the other dealerships around to get the highest seller's award. As if It's going to influence me into spending an extra 40K so he can reach a quota and a 15$ plaque, idiot. He trailed off to get me a price with a down payment I had in mind just in case...

The grey one is even nicer in person, the curves and lines are just perfect. I sat in it both cars a couple of times to check the fit, the first impression was looking through the windshield the sight of the front fenders poking over the hood, are very cool. The sides of the seat were real tight and it’s on the fence of being uncomfortable. For a big guy like me who's built like a strongman that might suck on long trips, The biggest issue was getting out of the car, hot damn my knees creaked and hurt, I could feel my joints grind. I don’t have knee issues but this was painful, for real. Seriously how the heck to you get out of those things, any tips???? Do I need some type of cane? The 3rd exercise at getting out of the car I put my weight on the door handle to help me get out but if I can’t master getting out, the handle might break off. It’s useless going to several grocery stores on Saturday if it's that tough to get out. The rusty old 4Runner is going to win that day. And oh I'll be needing a blacked out roof top, see through top where the sun cooks my head, no thanks.

The guy came back and spurted out, you are looking at 500$ bi-weekly, my GF didn’t get it... 1000$ a month honey. He still didn’t say how many years though!! He kept pushing the sale a little and I had to remind him I didn’t care about his sale and left him babble alone while I admired the car. It doesn't deter me from getting one before summer, new or used, it has to be orange or grey. As I was taking some pictures the GF said to him «looks like I’ll have to dye my hair blonde and get big boobs». To this he replied the car is a gift for him and the boobs a gift for you. I shook my head. I asked what's the interest rate? He didn't know so I said what if I gave you my credit score would that help you, so I told him my score. He had no idea was a good score was. Looks like the sign on top of the grey car is irrelevant as far as interests goes, It's just fla fla numbers like snowflakes. That's when I asked him you aren't from around here are you, looks like he just moved into Canada....

I told him there was a 1LT in Toronto and he came back saying that his database showed all of them were gone. (the ad was still up on Sunday). Then he said that the C8 weren’t going to be delivered to those who reserved until 2021 or later. Well ain’t that stupid, a full year of new corvettes not available for sale and driven off the lot. I asked him so what's your price deal for the grand sport anyway? He replied he didn’t know.

We left and he was like if you get a deal somewhere else let me know so I can beat the price. Never mind bozo.

A (14).jpg

A (6).jpg

A (9).jpg

A (15).jpg

Best wishes man. My ex sad no. So I got rid of her and replaced her with an improved model. she said yes. Lol. Actually that’s not true. She dumped me.... but my new wife supports the pursuit of happiness as well now. So there may be a light at the end of tunnel for you yet.

Attachments

• 47A7E1E6-B0AA-4582-8039-68AB0811A3D4.jpeg
    47A7E1E6-B0AA-4582-8039-68AB0811A3D4.jpeg
    477.4 KB · Views: 20
This stuff is not hard to figure out. Happy wife, happy life. My first collector car came with granite counter tops. How could I argue?
My wife made me sell my both my C6's and buy a C7.
If a guy goes to Barrett Jackson and wants to buy a car and his wife says she want a fur coat, he buys her a coat.
Its called compromise.
If you are fortunate to have a great partner in your life, then you are blessed.
Cheers everyone

• Clever
So I stopped at a dealership Saturday afternoon with the GF and there were 2 C7s in the showroom. I knew more about the car than he did and I don't know too much except from what I'm been reading for a while. So anyway I looked at a grey grand sport with a price tag of over a 100 thousand dollars and there beside it sat a red Z06, I said I was checking it out to see what it looked like in person but I was shopping for a base model 1LT, he didn't know what that was! Right off the bat he was saying he'd make a good deal on the grand sport because he had to fill the end of the year quota and the dealer had to beat the other dealerships around to get the highest seller's award. As if It's going to influence me into spending an extra 40K so he can reach a quota and a 15$ plaque, idiot. He trailed off to get me a price with a down payment I had in mind just in case...

The grey one is even nicer in person, the curves and lines are just perfect. I sat in it both cars a couple of times to check the fit, the first impression was looking through the windshield the sight of the front fenders poking over the hood, are very cool. The sides of the seat were real tight and it’s on the fence of being uncomfortable. For a big guy like me who's built like a strongman that might suck on long trips, The biggest issue was getting out of the car, hot damn my knees creaked and hurt, I could feel my joints grind. I don’t have knee issues but this was painful, for real. Seriously how the heck to you get out of those things, any tips???? Do I need some type of cane? The 3rd exercise at getting out of the car I put my weight on the door handle to help me get out but if I can’t master getting out, the handle might break off. It’s useless going to several grocery stores on Saturday if it's that tough to get out. The rusty old 4Runner is going to win that day. And oh I'll be needing a blacked out roof top, see through top where the sun cooks my head, no thanks.

The guy came back and spurted out, you are looking at 500$ bi-weekly, my GF didn’t get it... 1000$ a month honey. He still didn’t say how many years though!! He kept pushing the sale a little and I had to remind him I didn’t care about his sale and left him babble alone while I admired the car. It doesn't deter me from getting one before summer, new or used, it has to be orange or grey. As I was taking some pictures the GF said to him «looks like I’ll have to dye my hair blonde and get big boobs». To this he replied the car is a gift for him and the boobs a gift for you. I shook my head. I asked what's the interest rate? He didn't know so I said what if I gave you my credit score would that help you, so I told him my score. He had no idea was a good score was. Looks like the sign on top of the grey car is irrelevant as far as interests goes, It's just fla fla numbers like snowflakes. That's when I asked him you aren't from around here are you, looks like he just moved into Canada....

I told him there was a 1LT in Toronto and he came back saying that his database showed all of them were gone. (the ad was still up on Sunday). Then he said that the C8 weren’t going to be delivered to those who reserved until 2021 or later. Well ain’t that stupid, a full year of new corvettes not available for sale and driven off the lot. I asked him so what's your price deal for the grand sport anyway? He replied he didn’t know.

We left and he was like if you get a deal somewhere else let me know so I can beat the price. Never mind bozo.

View attachment 34345

View attachment 34346

View attachment 34347

View attachment 34349
That's lots for the GS. It must have been really loaded up when you can buy a 2LT GS for 73k... out here anyway. Check which seat it had. The competition seats are narrower between the bolsters. The GT seat IMO is a far more comfortable seat. The bolsters are also adjustable. The trick to getting out is to pivot sideways in the seat, hand on the door and give yourself a bit of motion forward and up with your upper body while using your knees and legs to stand. Or at least that's how I do it.

Wheaton in Edmonton has a Convertible Z06 3LZ for $118k. Black with black top. I am drooling over it as we speak and trying to decide how much of a risk it would be to wait and hope that the price drops in January...FYI I usually lose...Mother is ambivalent...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.