Competition seats are very tight and most find them not too comfortable. I passed on a great GS deal due to the seats.
Over 10,000kms on the Bowling Green trip and no seat issues at all and I was born in the very early 50;s and if the seats aren't good my back will let me know. I find the C7 seats are more comfortable than the C6 we had
Sounds like a great trip! I haven’t done any 10K trips, but the several 1-2K trips I have done with my Competition seats have been quite comfortable. I guess it’s all a matter of personal perspective.

I really don’t understand this whole concept of being “afraid” of one’s significant other.
Why fight over a car, if your needs are met?
I love and respect my wife 100%. She knows I bust my rear-end at the office (25 years self-employed, started poorer than poor), I’m home every night for supper, I love our kids, I put money away for retirement, the mortgage and bills are paid on time - generally speaking, we lack for nothing.
So....when I was thunder-struck by the C7 Z06, and I knew I was going to achieve owning one some day, she could only be supportive.
I’m thankful to have a wonderful, intelligent, insightful wife who knows enough to let me have my toy.View attachment 34364
Car, what car????? Look at that garage!!
Nicely done.

I really don’t understand this whole concept of being “afraid” of one’s significant other.
Why fight over a car, if your needs are met?
I love and respect my wife 100%. She knows I bust my rear-end at the office (25 years self-employed, started poorer than poor), I’m home every night for supper, I love our kids, I put money away for retirement, the mortgage and bills are paid on time - generally speaking, we lack for nothing.
So....when I was thunder-struck by the C7 Z06, and I knew I was going to achieve owning one some day, she could only be supportive.
I’m thankful to have a wonderful, intelligent, insightful wife who knows enough to let me have my toy.View attachment 34364
Nice "car hole".

Mine is still a "working garage", so it's not quite as polished:

fr_4347_size880.jpg

But with starting retirement just this year past, the projects will begin to wrap up and the garage will become a place where I can still work, but will also become a nice "hangout" spot.....somewhat like what you have there. It's just too hard to keep and epoxy floor looking good when you're MIG welding all the time. The TIG will change that though. Much neater process, no flying hot sparks and slag. I just have to get to the point where I can actually tig weld, and not just melt metals with it. LOL!

I'm more of a "Ford guy" so the theme is going to be mostly white, gray and blue......;)

Drama time...

My girlfriend who now seems to accept the idea I'm getting a car, she knows I'm not changing my mind at this point told her mother I wanted to buy a vette. Her mother replied it was a welfare dream. I just couldn't believe it, a welfare dream? Ah hello a welfare dude cannot afford a sports car. I guess she can't accept I became successful. Anyway I had a good laugh and told my GF it was very ironic when I do buy the car I can sell it and recoup a good portion of the money while she goes on vacation to Europe a lot, I mean a dozen time at the very least and how much return on investment or cash back does she get back? Nada.:Ack2: haha! Yep she's renting a single hotel night in a couple of days and dinner party 30 minutes out of town for 1500$. Yep it makes business sense... Psycho is all I can say and my life is a soap opera. :Lurk5:

I'm calling my banks next open business day and call the dealership to start dealing about the grey one with the red seats.

Drama time...

My girlfriend who now seems to accept the idea I'm getting a car, she knows I'm not changing my mind at this point told her mother I wanted to buy a vette. Her mother replied it was a welfare dream. I just couldn't believe it, a welfare dream? Ah hello a welfare dude cannot afford a sports car. I guess she can't accept I became successful. Anyway I had a good laugh and told my GF it was very ironic when I do buy the car I can sell it and recoup a good portion of the money while she goes on vacation to Europe a lot, I mean a dozen time at the very least and how much return on investment or cash back does she get back? Nada.:Ack2: haha! Yep she's renting a single hotel night in a couple of days and dinner party 30 minutes out of town for 1500$. Yep it makes business sense... Psycho is all I can say and my life is a soap opera. :Lurk5:

I'm calling my banks next open business day and call the dealership to start dealing about the grey one with the red seats.

Your Vette will give you more smiles than.... well... pretty much anything else....

How many of you had arguments or fights to get the approval from your significant other? Ever since I attended the Italian festival 3 years ago and saw those Lambo's and Ferrrari's in person and hearing them rev for the crowd I was struck by an arrow from a cupid. 2 years later one afternoon I took a drive out of town to see a very cool looking 1987 C4 with the greenwood kit. As I was test driving it my GF called so I pulled over to answer the phone and all hell broke loose with nasty comments and it wiped the smile off my face and made me feel terrible. She gave me hell for the whole day and several days afterwards saying it was stupid to spend money. She didn't care if I had the money to pay for it, for her it was a foolish expense. Never mind the arguments I had with her trips to Europe and the Caribbeans with her mother...

We don't live with each other, I have a small house and she has a condo, we've been together for 9 years like this. It came very close to a break up on a few occasion and I was real upset she wanted to shut down my new goal. If I purchased one she wouldn't get in, then she'd argue those cars didn't have enough room for groceries, etc.

Surprisingly after several months one day she did a complete 360 and she was okay with it, I found it real odd she had changed her mind all of a sudden. I'm pretty sure her father told her to wise up and let it go. He's also the guy who helps me with my taxes so he knows my income as a self made one man shop business. Fast forward another 5 months and I sent her the 2014 corvette video with Jay Leno talking about how much storage was in the trunk for groceries(6 minute mark). I finally decided to spend more to get the exotic model I really want which is the C7. Now I'm able to send links to her for her opinion of the listings I’m currently shopping for.

Another reason why I want an exotic car is a goal to reach for. I want it as a prize for my hard work and efforts to start a small business from scratch. No one helped me and I learned it all by myself with extensive research and reading many books and countless months of taking notes and making a plan. It's also a prize in the back of my mind because I have to deal with difficult customers on a daily basis, the attitude and comments wear you down and all the crappy adventures that come with the territory.

I'm glad it's working out now.

View attachment 34247View attachment 34248

You say that you and your girlfriend have been together for 9 years and have never lived together! You shouldn’t have to have her permission to buy any vehicle you want, in fact you should have 2 corvettes in your possession now.

my wife talked me into buying mine because i always wanted one!
I bet she didn't have to twist your arm to hard either. LOL. My wife is the same way. Life is to short so enjoy it while you can. Besides you can't take it with you. At least our kids are hoping we can't. Ha ha.

You say that you and your girlfriend have been together for 9 years and have never lived together! You shouldn’t have to have her permission to buy any vehicle you want, in fact you should have 2 corvettes in your possession now.
Relationships are probably the most complicated thing any of us will ever deal with. If they’ve been living apart for 9 years and it works for them, then so be it.

I know several couples who are in “long distance” relationships. We’re talking on the order of years and thousands of kms apart. I wouldn’t be able to deal with that, but it works for them.

Different strokes.....;)

i found this thread initially interesting, being married and recollecting what I had to do to get my wife on board, especially noting that for most Canadian Corvette owners their Corvette is not their daily driver and is simply an expensive and hard to rationalize purchase. I think everyone would agree that a Corvette certainly is not a "need" and is simply a "want!"

However the thread turned into a soap opera and got totally off topic, and nary I dare say I'm not sure if you're ready for Corvette ownership as there are a lot of mixed messages and angry emotions (dealers/salesman) in your posts. Furthermore and although it's no one else's business, if you're not actually living with your girlfriend of nine years, then legally she's not your wife nor would she be deemed a common law wife, so for that matter why are you even requesting her permission?

Last edited:
i found this thread initially interesting, being married and recollecting what I had to do to get my wife on board, especially noting that for most Canadian Corvette owners their Corvette is not their daily driver and is simply an expensive and hard to rationalize purchase. I think everyone would agree that a Corvette certainly is not a "need" and is simply a "want!"

However the thread turned into a soap opera and got totally off topic, and nary I dare say I'm not sure if you're ready for Corvette ownership as there are a lot of mixed messages and angry emotions (dealers/salesman) in your posts. Furthermore and although it's no one else's business, if you're not actually living with your girlfriend of nine years, then legally she's not your wife nor would she be deemed a common law wife, so for that matter why are you even requesting her permission?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cobravenomous

Great reply and it needed to be said.

Why don't you guys give me a break and let it rest, no need to slap me behind the head at the same time. Guys who are not allowed to get a car because of their girlfriend or wife evidently won't post here because they didn't get what they wanted. I know plenty of guys who were never given the go ahead from their wife/GF. I dared to share my story and I'm getting flak.

I’m sure you don’t need to hear from us in order to make your decision. You are going to do what you are going to do....and thats it. I can understand how some people just don’t get making this kind of purchase, but we are all different people. Thats what makes us unique. I have a friend who fairly recently said he was looking for life experiences, not so much in material possessions. He has travelled a lot, and to far away lands which he has really enjoyed. That is HIS thing. In a way, that statement made me wonder about my life and decisions along the way. I have spent a fair bit of money on material possessions, such as many thousands of dollars on decent A/V equipment, a nice touring motorcycle, and most recently, my dream car. I started thinking that, while I like to travel, it I not my passion, like it is for him. My material possessions I have acquired along the way have been extremely enjoyable, so I have zero regrets on spending my hard earned money on them. I use my home theater all the time, I have been on some awesome motorcycle trips, and really really look forward to spring so I can play with the Vette. Those ARE my experiences, and I can repeat them as many times as I like. So, if you truly can afford this purchase, and it would mean a lot to you to own a Vette, I say EXPERIENCE ownership.
Sorry to ramble on.
Cheers!
Dale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.