Has anyone put one of these on, some questions
Did you have to cut into the firewall on the LS2, do you have to replace your CAI to accept the larger intake?
and what HP gains are we talking about, is it worth it?

You have to do a mod to the rear of the intake to clear . It is called the Spinmoster Mod , after the guy who came up with it . I bring these in already with the mod done . You don't have to change anything about your current CAI , as well the LS2 90mm TB bolts right up , Gains of arounf 15 - 25 hp depending on your mods. It is woth it especially if you plan on further mods.

Thx
[email protected]

Manny, If the 102 goes in and we end up using the 90mm TB, sounds almost like a waste, or thats not what happens when it comes to Air intake into the cylinders. I guess a little auto 101 lesson on how thats works.? lol

Manny, If the 102 goes in and we end up using the 90mm TB, sounds almost like a waste, or thats not what happens when it comes to Air intake into the cylinders. I guess a little auto 101 lesson on how thats works.? lol

FAST makes a 102mm TB and also Nick Williams makes a 102 & 105 TB to help flow more with the bigger intake.
There might be some other larger also, think I heard of a 110mm but not sure who makes it.

If the 90 and 92`s are no longer being made the should be able to pick one up cheaper soon.

FAST makes a 102mm TB and also Nick Williams makes a 102 & 105 TB to help flow more with the bigger intake.
There might be some other larger also, think I heard of a 110mm but not sure who makes it.

If the 90 and 92`s are no longer being made the should be able to pick one up cheaper soon.

Hi guys, we are seeing gains of up to 20 RWHP with the 102 , but nothing with the TB's oddly enough .The larger plenum volumes as well as the runner design are what contribute to the hp gains . A fast 102 with a GM 90mm is a great bolt, that will support just about any other mod you do in the future ie...cam ,heads,Fi .
The Nick Williams Tb's that are cable driven are just fine , howevere the TBW are proving to be a chanllege to tune . I beleive is the same as a post we had on this forum regarding the 80mm tb and the fact that the tip in was missing from the throat . The only 102mm and up tb that is proving to work in the TBW is the Lingenfelter .

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
pricing for fast intakes ....

From Riley P:

Sorry C6Vette09, I removed the link as links to other Corvette forums are not allowed. This always starts a debate and rather than posting your comments or questions about this up here, please PM me. That goes for anyone else that may have questions on this as well. Please feel free to ask and I will explain further.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Looks like that baby will clear three quarter heater hose! No need to replace your water tube with this one. However 8 bills ???

Here is something I found today when looking at block re-sleeving from ERL performance.

ERL Performance introduces the World’s First LSX 102mm Electronic Throttle Body using GM’s Electronics. This Throttle Body allows enthusiasts to install 92 or 102mm intakes without having to use mechanical throttle bodies.

Here is an update from Ron@Vengeance on the gains of a ported FAST102 over a ported FAST92, looks to
be another 9rwhp & 6rwtq over what the FAST92 would give you already over stock depending on mods.

Ron@Vengeance:

Test Vehicle-2000 C5 Corvette
6spd Manual
LS1

Modifications:

Cold Air
Custom Camshaft
CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
Longtubes
FAST 92mm Intake Ported by Vengeance
GM LS2 90mm Throttlebody Ported by Vengeance

We fully tuned the car as it came to us. The ONLY changes were the intake manifold itself. NO tuning done with the 102mm. Testing was done with the GM LS2 throttlebody on BOTH intakes.....

Results:

92mm Intake (Ported by Vengeance) /90mm Throttlebody Combo- 431/397
102mm Intake (Ported by Vengeance)/90mm Throttlebody Combo-440/403

Gains of 9RWHP/6RWTQ

Dyno Graph
scan0007-1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.