Thanks to the forum for all its advice. I kept on looking for a good deal and got a quote for GM Total Plus, 84 mo/60000 km $100 deductible for a little less than $2200+tax
My car came in this morning. I pick it up on Tuesday. Don’t do anything yet. I’m still waiting for two more quotes. But the best I got so far was 7 year 100,000 Km $100 deductible for $2562 retail $4400 or 7 year 80,000 Km $100 deductible for $2196. Retail $3900.
I’ll know Tuesday night if I can better it. And ask them permission if I can disclose Dealer info and F&I person to contact. I might not be able to post Dealer info on this forum. I don’t want to break any rules.
Can you PM someone on this site if you can’t post on this forum.

My car came in this morning. I pick it up on Tuesday. Don’t do anything yet. I’m still waiting for two more quotes. But the best I got so far was 7 year 100,000 Km $100 deductible for $2562 retail $4400 or 7 year 80,000 Km $100 deductible for $2196. Retail $3900.
I’ll know Tuesday night if I can better it. And ask them permission if I can disclose Dealer info and F&I person to contact. I might not be able to post Dealer info on this forum. I don’t want to break any rules.
You can post dealer info here. No problem.

hey do you mind dm'ing me the dealer. if its 2200 i dont mind purchasing additional warranty.

People!
Warranty is so super cheap. One of your 23 onboard computers packs it in, and it will cost u more than the warranty. Stop thinking about it and just do it. Cheapest car insurance ever. My other supercars, a couple of Lambos cost $10,000 for 2 extra years With a deductible for each. I did not buy. Side mirror broke. $3K out of pocket.
Even if u dump the car sooner, it is transferable. Good peace of mind for the next buyer, who knows u drove the piss out of the car :)

People!
Warranty is so super cheap. One of your 23 onboard computers packs it in, and it will cost u more than the warranty. Stop thinking about it and just do it. Cheapest car insurance ever. My other supercars, a couple of Lambos cost $10,000 for 2 extra years With a deductible for each. I did not buy. Side mirror broke. $3K out of pocket.
Even if u dump the car sooner, it is transferable. Good peace of mind for the next buyer, who knows u drove the piss out of the car :)
I didn’t get to where I am by buying a piece of mind for the next guy. Also, 99% of C8 owners don’t drive the piss out of their cars on the streets as the car is so capable that nothing you do will make it work hard. Computers are one of the most reliable parts on the car…

I didn’t get to where I am by buying a piece of mind for the next guy. Also, 99% of C8 owners don’t drive the piss out of their cars on the streets as the car is so capable that nothing you do will make it work hard. Computers are one of the most reliable parts on the car…
I do agree with you for the most part. Never before have I ever bought extended anything. Especially what my local dealers were wanting lol. $4600 for 7yr. 100,000 $100 deductible. But for what I paid, $2300. It’s a no brainer to get the extra 4 years 40,000.
I’ve pissed away $2300 in worst ways lol. Service isn’t like in the old days. These dealers have you by the Cahoonas. Just the HTC 6, yes 6, power top motors are a fortune.

Reactions: Rebby
The point is that you will get more for your car on resale. The warranty will have paid for itself.

If you’re getting rid of your cars before the manufacturer’s warranty expires then why get an extended warranty?
I don’t know if you’re reading the other comments in this thread? But it’s been explained why overs and over again 😁
Warranty is like an option. I don’t care what anyone says. If you have two exact same vehicles, wether you keep them or not, the person that has the extended warranty will get more than the person without. I’m not an expert, sold cars for 12 years back in the day before getting into real estate.
You have two twins wanting to join the police force. They both have the same schooling. One is a world traveller and the other a couch potato. Which would you hire? I know the couch potato haha.

I don’t know if you’re reading the other comments in this thread? But it’s been explained why overs and over again 😁
Warranty is like an option. I don’t care what anyone says. If you have two exact same vehicles, wether you keep them or not, the person that has the extended warranty will get more than the person without. I’m not an expert, sold cars for 12 years back in the day before getting into real estate.
You have two twins wanting to join the police force. They both have the same schooling. One is a world traveller and the other a couch potato. Which would you hire? I know the couch potato haha.
Yeah I know the thread- but I seriously doubt an extended warranty does anything to the price of a C8 in today’s market.

Just because something is said over and over again does not make it true. A lot of injustices were perpetrated by that very method.
And btw I do have an extended warranty because in 2020 the car was so new I wanted the extra protection. Like most warranties I probably wouldn’t use it and the company will have made a profit. But you just never know.

Last edited:
Yeah I know the thread- but I seriously doubt an extended warranty does anything to the price of a C8 in today’s market.
Just because something is said over and over again does not make it true.
Were you a problem child in school haha? The teacher and the whole class tell you the answer to the math problem 1 + 1 is 2. But you come up with your own answer not being 2.
I can see you buying a used Vette. Telling all your friends about it. And telling them about how it came with a an extended warranty. 👍🏼

I had intended to keep the first C8 a long time. When I did get the second C8 the extended warranty on the first was transfyto the second. :)
So many advantages for buying the extended warranty. Especially on the C8 with the HTC.
I have never gotten any kind of extended warranty before. In the car business we would laugh at those who did. You just got laid away as the saying went. But that was because buyers never shopped the price. Most didn’t know they can shop the extended warranty.
At the retail price dealers are asking??? Crazy to buy. Most are monthly payment buyers. So to add $25 to their 60 month payment was nothing. Most got it. F@I guy made out like a bandit.
I would take my chances because, yes you most likely never recoup that money. When you can buy it for roughly half the price, it’s a NO BRAINER, get it.

Just because something is said over and over again does not make it true.
Were you a problem child in school haha? The teacher and the whole class tell you the answer to the math problem 1 + 1 is 2. But you come up with your own answer not being 2.
I can see you buying a used Vette. Telling all your friends about it. And telling them about how it came with a an extended warranty. 👍🏼
Actually I was quite smart as a child, started university at age 16.
I had a friend who’s teachers told him for years he was going nowhere. He’s now an interventional radiologist and head of the department.
Everyone said man couldn’t fly.
Everyone said the earth was round.
And then there’s the whole thing about preconceived prejudices based on common opinion.
So, what the common belief is, simply is not necessarily what the truth is.
Enough said on this topic.