Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
First time Corvette buyer (well as soon as my dealer gets his next allocation I will be 🤤). Wondering what the consensus is on buying an extended warranty? I winter store my vehicles and the last two cars I bought extended warranties for saw them run out time-wise before I ever got close to the mileage limits. I averaged about 9,000-10,000 kms yearly. Yay or nay? Thanks.

As I mentioned in a prior thread, I had one for my 2021 convertible mainly due to the convertible mechanisms and the transmission. The extended warranty will move over to my 2023 when it arrives. I probably only put on 5-7,000 kms a year but it's a peace of mind issue for me on the two components that could be very costly should they go south after the GM warranty expires.

I have a 2020 coupe. I bought one because of the newness of the car. After 3 model years I would say no if it’s a coupe (you can buy later if you want) and yes for convertible due to the complicated roof (which you can also buy later). The other thing to consider is the luxury tax. If you buy the warranty at the same time as the car then the cost will be added to the price of the car and the luxury tax will apply

Reactions: Todcam
My opinion is get the extended warranty later on, if you have problems in the first two years. Otherwise your C8 isn't likely to give you any serious issues.
Whether you have probs (or not) during the GM warranty period is no indicator of whether you will have problems after the GM warranty expires. How does what happens during the GM period tell you what might happen after???

Reactions: Vetteboy21
Whether you have probs (or not) during the GM warranty period is no indicator of whether you will have problems after the GM warranty expires. How does what happens during the GM period tell you what might happen after???
In my experience the primary issue with new cars these days is manufacturing defects. Those are likely to have manifested themselves within the first two years. After that period your car is pretty much sorted as far as defects go.
Of course everyone has a different comfort level as to having an extended warranty or not...this is just my take.

The DCT, which is brand spanking new, is only warranted for 5 years. An extra 3 years for a few thousand is a no brainer to me. All it takes is one issue with that and it pays for itself. These cars are untested in volume and there have been many issues that have hit people hard. Luckily so far all under the manufacturer's warranty.
I've had a bad experience with a new platform before. Never again will I not get an extended warranty.

Reactions: lance and MY21C8
The extended warranty is a must for owners who will be owning their vette for many years. I went ahead and bought it. It was approximately $3K. You won’t be sorry. The C8 is a hi tech driving machine. Everything in this car was newly engineered. Having an automotive build background, I waited the two years before getting mine. Now having smiles from ear to ear. You will love it!

I’m in bc. 0 deductible. 84 months or 60k km (I drive it less than 5000 a yr). 3150 before tax.

Hi, I am curious about this. Did you have to buy when the car was new (mine is 2021) and did you buy through a dealership? Who?

Hi, I am curious about this. Did you have to buy when the car was new (mine is 2021) and did you buy through a dealership? Who?
Hey there, I took Delivery May 7th of this year and decided to purchase the extended warranty when the dealership offered it. Pretty sure I had a year to decide.
I ordered the C8 Convertible through John Bear Chevrolet in Hamilton. I live in Oakville, ON. Local dealers had no availability. John Bear was great to deal with.

Reactions: gdb069
I passed on the extended warranty this time. I've found that on every extended warranty I have ever bought was money out the window. My 2020 vert has been working great so far. Hope it stays that way.

I passed on the extended warranty this time. I've found that on every extended warranty I have ever bought was money out the window. My 2020 vert has been working great so far. Hope it stays that way.
It's insurance. You almost never win with insurance, but it can keep you from a huge bill later on. If you can afford a huge bill later on (as some can) then you don't need insurance.

Reactions: kerry4
Hey there, I took Delivery May 7th of this year and decided to purchase the extended warranty when the dealership offered it. Pretty sure I had a year to decide.
I ordered the C8 Convertible through John Bear Chevrolet in Hamilton. I live in Oakville, ON. Local dealers had no availability. John Bear was great to deal with.
Hahahha ya okay, the last line. Personal experience...

Reactions: kerry4