Casual User
2 You're 10
Oct 17, 2010
Hamilton,On
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Stock Coupe
Hello

New Here..looks like a pretty informative forum.

Im looking for a cat back exhaust system for my C4 86 Coupe Stock.

Would like Borla--Corsa--but will look at all options and pricing

A new or slightly used one will work for me if the price is right

Let me know whats available and thanks in advance

Ray

Hello

New Here..looks like a pretty informative forum.

Im looking for a cat back exhaust system for my C4 86 Coupe Stock.

Would like Borla--Corsa--but will look at all options and pricing

A new or slightly used one will work for me if the price is right

Let me know whats available and thanks in advance

Ray

Hi Ray and welcome .

My name is Manny and I run E.C.P , we kind of know a thing or 2 about vette's .

Here is what I can do for you on exhaust.

1.Borla Exhaust System: CORVETTE 5.7L V8 AT/MT 1986-91 ....$985.00 installed taxes included.
B140082.jpg

2.Borla Rear Section Exhaust Rolled Round Tips 5.7L 85-90 CORVETTE....$685.00 installed tax included.
b11134.jpg

3.Borla Rear Section Kit SQR Tips CORVETTE 1984-91.....$750.00 installed taxes included.
b11376.jpg

4. Magnaflow Exhaust System for CHEVROLET CORVETTE 1986-1991....$935.00 installed taxes included.
15658_lg.jpg

Thx
[email protected]
416-873-1779

Exhaust

Thanks...I'll try to give you a call sometime this week to discuss.

I was also looking to have my cat eliminated with a straight pipe through housing--I was told it is not working properly--clogged i guess

You are in the Cambridge area somewhere?

Ray

Back to the exhaust question :D. I have a C5 with heads ported, cam and kooks longtubes and my magnaflow still doesn't drone on the highway but gets raucous loud when I like it too :).

Postie has a magnaflow on his C6 and to my recollection loves it also...
[mob][/mob]

Thanks

In leaning towards the Borla Cat Back that Manny is offering--price looks pretty good and i've heard nothing but GOOD about Borla.

Whatever mufflers are on my car right now have a TICKING/KNOCKING SOUND AND A terrible "DRONE" at certain RPM'S---Cant even listen to the stereo or talk to the passenger when that kicks iN

Not always a bad thing when the wife is the passenger. LOL

For close to the price of Cat Backs, you could get the complete exhaust system and actually get some performance gain rather than just louder exhaust. Talk to Manny and discuss what options He can do for you.

I picked up a complete LG long tube header, Hi flow cat, 3" Xtube and 3" muffler system from Manny last year for a very decent price.

Excellent service and support, I called him several times during the install and He was always there to answer my questions.

If your going to spend money, spend it wisely.........

Thanks guys--i wasn't even thinking in that direction but i will ask Manny about the full exhaust option w/headers for my car

Thanks Again

Ray

Heading to Cambridge to Manny's shop next Wednesday.

Talking with Manny today--sounds like the LG full exhaust w/ headers that was mentioned will be a costly venture for the C4- Alot more reasonable for a C5 apparently.

Might have to stick with the cat back---we'll see what he has to say Wednesday

Talking with Manny today--sounds like the LG full exhaust w/ headers that was mentioned will be a costly venture for the C4- Alot more reasonable for a C5 apparently.

you only go around once, get the whole pkg if you can the 1st time, I went with a cat back thinking I'd be happy, but wasn't until I got Manny to set me up with the headers too

A set of Stainless Works headers will run you around $1350.00 and $750 for the install. They will for sure add the the performance and tone of your C4 :D

Thx
[email protected]

The header package is tempting but it's a little out of my league right now financially. Just bought this baby a few months ago and the repair bills are starting to add up fast.

Originally, I Was hoping to find someone upgrading their system and picking up a good used one at a decent price.

if that's the case... i'd try to find good condition stock mufflers cheap and do the headers..

the headers will transform the sound even through stock mufflers and the stockers wont drone

Just my $0.02

I don't know. The nice thing is that mods like this can be done in steps. If your engine is stock, I say go for the cat back now so you get some chrome out the back end with a little more sound and then save up for some headers if you want to pursue that later. You're running 230 horsepower so if performance is on your list, I would save up for a rebuild or a crate and do headers at that point in time.

I don't know. The nice thing is that mods like this can be done in steps. If your engine is stock, I say go for the cat back now so you get some chrome out the back end with a little more sound and then save up for some headers if you want to pursue that later. You're running 230 horsepower so if performance is on your list, I would save up for a rebuild or a crate and do headers at that point in time.

i'm not sure if my infos are right... but the ECM on a c4 and the digital dash could be a problem if you want to go far in engine mods but at least for the cat back you'll see a small difference in performance and you'll like the sound of your car. In my case i'll keep the c4 stock and save money for a 2003-04 c5 z06.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.