Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, I'm sure an engine rebuild would take some work as you would have to make sure everything works together. I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure there are people who do.

A Z06 is definitely a way to get around building your engine if you want a faster car!

I think that so long as the cast manifolds are not cracked or leaking , a cat back and a little custom work on the cat will be all that its going to take .

Thx
[email protected]
Elite Custom Covettes

That's probably the way to go for now. I'm not really looking for major performance boosts at this point in time--just a nice look and and good sound---without the DRONE i currently have.

Hope the weather holds out for the run to Cambridge this coming Wednesday....

Soooooooooo we all goin to Manny's Sat am n watch him install the system then we can hang around n bug him a while for being "vetteless" while he awaits the new block for the nasty 1! I heard him say he's supplying the beer!

Soooooooooo we all goin to Manny's Sat am n watch him install the system then we can hang around n bug him a while for being "vetteless" while he awaits the new block for the nasty 1! I heard him say he's supplying the beer!

Ya heard wrong that was fear not beer , like in people are going to fear this exhaust system :rofl: but you are all welcome to drop in :canada:

I'm sure we can come with something .

Thx
[email protected]

Never made it over, was planning to as it was a nice day for a ride in the vette, but got stuck in Toronto, what's the deal, system sound good?

In case you're all wondering what happened on Saturday with the exhaust install...It didnt happen. My car developed a few issues the past week and i could'nt make the trip to Manny's to get the install. Looks like it might be a major headache---head gasket ache that is!

Was losing a bit of coolant the past few weeks and now its blowing alot of white smoke on start-up for about 5 mins or so, and to top it off the bottom of my rad let go and whatever coolant that wasn't in my exhaust pipe is all over my garage floor :(

I made the trip to Manny's to claim the exhaust parts (sure looks nice in the box :) and Manny agreed to do the install whenever i can get back on the road.--Thanks Manny--Can't wait

Gotta get this rig towed to the shop soon to have the rad done first and then they can test for the leak--hope its not a cracked head--cast heads on this one.

I'll put up a short video i made showing part of a start-up smoke show

That sucks! Sorry to hear about your car giving you issues. Too bad it didn't let go at Manny's as you would have someone right there to fix it.:D

I'm planning on visiting Manny one of these days/months/years and hope the motor explodes right when I pull onto the driveway (With some miracle of not dripping oil or water) so that I am forced to upgrade the engine.:D

Keep us updated on your progress!!!

Had the exact same issue in my L89 GTA Trans Am. My issue was dumping 3 grand into a high(er) mileage engine that could develop another issue in another week.

What are you going to do? What's your mileage?
[mob][/mob]

101,000 kms...not sure what im going to do right now. Have to get it looked at first and go from there. If it is just the gaskets i will have them replaced and hope for the best.

Would like to rebuild (383 is pretty popular from what i have heard) but it would probably be out of my budget range right now. Not exactly sure what a rebuild would cost but it wuld be alot more than just the head work.

Smoking video to follow..........

Status
Not open for further replies.