Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple questions.

How cold is it when you shot that video. I noticed there was not a lot of white smoke until the car was running for a while and it seemed to dissipate rather quickly. Could it be your engine was warming up and it was cold outside?

Have you checked your oil yet? Let the car sit for a while and then when you pull the dip stick, see if there is a white substance on the bottom of it or if the oil looks milky, if you have either of those, you have problems and I would not start that car again until it is at a shop and everything is checked out. If the oil looks good, hopefully the coolant is just getting into the combustion chamber and changing the head gaskets should fix that.

Thirdly, It's winter so if you do have problems with your engine, you have all winter to save up for that 383!

Couple questions.

How cold is it when you shot that video. I noticed there was not a lot of white smoke until the car was running for a while and it seemed to dissipate rather quickly. Could it be your engine was warming up and it was cold outside?

Have you checked your oil yet? Let the car sit for a while and then when you pull the dip stick, see if there is a white substance on the bottom of it or if the oil looks milky, if you have either of those, you have problems and I would not start that car again until it is at a shop and everything is checked out. If the oil looks good, hopefully the coolant is just getting into the combustion chamber and changing the head gaskets should fix that.

Thirdly, It's winter so if you do have problems with your engine, you have all winter to save up for that 383!

Hey there.
Been a quiet winter so far--haven't been on here much.

Riley...It was fairly cool when i shot the video. Although i haven't officially tested the car for a bad head gasket, a mechanic friend of mine found a small leak in the bottom of the rad which was the likely culprit of my coolant loss. Oil is nice and clear--no creamy sludge build up on the stick on around the filler cap
We changed the rad end of November--drove the car minimally and started it up weekly--still smokes because of the weather i guess--no coolant loss
He also said he didnt suspect bad gasket(s)--smoke looks and smelled pretty normal.

Manny..i cant wait to have that exhaust hooked it by you this spring--been looking at it the box all winter..LOL We're still on for that i hope?

Ray :canada:

Hey there.
Been a quiet winter so far--haven't been on here much.

Riley...It was fairly cool when i shot the video. Although i haven't officially tested the car for a bad head gasket, a mechanic friend of mine found a small leak in the bottom of the rad which was the likely culprit of my coolant loss. Oil is nice and clear--no creamy sludge build up on the stick on around the filler cap
We changed the rad end of November--drove the car minimally and started it up weekly--still smokes because of the weather i guess--no coolant loss
He also said he didnt suspect bad gasket(s)--smoke looks and smelled pretty normal.

Manny..i cant wait to have that exhaust hooked it by you this spring--been looking at it the box all winter..LOL We're still on for that i hope?

Ray :canada:

Ready , when you are Ray.......great to hear that everything else was small minor issues .

Status
Not open for further replies.