Lanster

Casual User
Feb 16, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2010 370z C5 C7 Z51
Province
AB
Hello , I have recently purchased a C7, and would like to find some info on exhaust mods.I don't think I'm going with headers, possibly removing the cats, for more flow and performance. What have other members done? As to what direction I try .
Thanks lanster

I haven't modded my C7exhaust but pundits say that the stock x-pipes are a great design, albeit somewhat heavy. Cat delete will certainly increase flow though. I did mod my C6 exhaust but just with Corsa axle backs. Can't say enough good about Corsa if you have the $$$. If it's just bolt-on performance you are looking for, headers back will definitely help more than just a cat delete. I would recommend giving Steve a call at Davenport Motorsports in Calgary, Great reputation and he will be honest with you in discussing how you want to go. Let us know what you decide on.

Depends on the sound/tone your after and your budget.

For best bang for the buck for power and sound, LT headers and keep the rest oem, sounds amazing but you will require some slight modifications and a tune is usually recommended.

It is true many in the past went purely with the xpipe, keeping the stock catback, but that was before when the OR midpipes were available. They are no longer being manufactured so all you will find is a few who still make a catted xpipe, but not many. If dead set on a midpipe, just check out the forum here and other big vette forums in the for sale section for a used OR xpipe. Do not waste your money on a Catted aftermarket xpipe, oem is just as good.

axleback catbacks are abundant, totally up to what you prefer for sound and then if you want to keep NPP function (if you have it), costs here can be affordable up to insanity (see akrapovic!!. Typically you do this purely for the sound, a little power gain but other mods will net you more bang for the buck compared to CB by itself.

lastly, can do the entire system: catback, midpipe and headers. This will require a bigger budget.

I personally have the Corsa OR xpipe with Xtreme catback, and got myself custom powder coated tips made. I will eventually be adding the ARH mid-length headers purely for the additional sound (if want the power factor go for LT headers). Some will say you need tune with midlength, but from my research it is not needed. But if you want to get the most from mid lengths you need to partner it with a CAI + tune and then you will feel it.

If don't want to mess with tune, go with xpipe, or catback, or both. Then simply find the sound you like that matches your budget. personally I like Corsa or AWE on C7

Last edited:
:cool:Thanks for the info , I apreciate your input, this gives me some good direction without the head scratching !:cool:
Hey there Lanster -- some more info for you to consider -- I have a 2017 GS
added:
** AFE CAI Magnum Force Pro 5r Stage 2
** ARH LT Headers & X-pipe (part # @ ARH - C7-14178300LSWC)
***Stock NPP Exhaust
with tune - Dyno'd 1st week of March in T.O. so was still cold -- WHP = 413.46 -- Torque = 433.66

Car was mod'ed / updated before I even bothered driving in stock -- so no driving experience to differentiate between pre / post - improvements to the cars 'power'

However I recently added -- Billy Boat Fusion exhaust -- the sound -- is definitely different it's LOUD -- (too much drone for my liking) -- BUT -- the way the car responds in WOT -- yes very very different with BB's added
** I like the way BB's respond with added pull -- but drone at say 120km/hr -- highway 'annoying'

Hello , I have recently purchased a C7, and would like to find some info on exhaust mods.I don't think I'm going with headers, possibly removing the cats, for more flow and performance. What have other members done? As to what direction I try .
Thanks lanster
I have a 2015 Z51 M7. Lots of upgrades to the car, ARH mids, Borla catless x-pipe, B & B Bullets, removed the NPP actuators and the first set of actuators, Halltech carbon CAI, Katech light weight flywheel, DSS carbon drive shaft, LG coilovers, Innovator West, light weight balancer, MGW shifter, trunnion upgrade, MSD intake manifold, Solar TB, tune and various other upgrades. The Bullets are loud at wot but otherwise not much louder then stock when cruising, little bit of drone around 1600 rpm. The biggest change I noticed was with the CAI and headers and the Solar TB regarding response time.

I have a 2015 Z51 M7. Lots of upgrades to the car, ARH mids, Borla catless x-pipe, B & B Bullets, removed the NPP actuators and the first set of actuators, Halltech carbon CAI, Katech light weight flywheel, DSS carbon drive shaft, LG coilovers, Innovator West, light weight balancer, MGW shifter, trunnion upgrade, MSD intake manifold, Solar TB, tune and various other upgrades. The Bullets are loud at wot but otherwise not much louder then stock when cruising, little bit of drone around 1600 rpm. The biggest change I noticed was with the CAI and headers and the Solar TB regarding response time.
Who installed your Soler TBs … you comments …have me interested in adding TBs to my car

Your setup vs. what OP is attempting is going to sound quite a bit different regardless if he gets the same mufflers as you

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Thanks for all the posts on exhaust mods, it was very helpful.I recently installed a Borla Atak used almost new system,X pipe back with no secondary cats.this was relatively easy to install thanks to the hoist I have.the car sounds wonderful !! It's not much louder much better response, there is dome what of a drone at lower rpm . I can most certainly live with , it's very good a hwy speed.it was a great choice. I did not need to tune the car after the upgrade as of yet.this stuff is pricey and Yaass! It's worth it now it sounds the way a corvette should ! Keep on truckin !

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I exchanged the stock x pipe with the same borla cat less x pipe. Kept stock end exhaust. Also did a tune and eliminated the AFM. All cylinders firing all the time. No check engine light. The sound is phenomenal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.