Porsche E - fuel allows one to keep their ICE vehicle and have it run carbon neutral thus avoiding future lithium battery replacement.

Electric vehicles are not the only way ahead.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
EVs would not be a big seller these past couple of days in parts of New Brunswick. 100,000 lost power and some going past 24 hours with out it now. All the portable generators came out (fossil fueled) to power Electric Heated only houses on my street there - however the power plants were not impacting for anything that would be 220v.
So no EV charging unless by a much larger generator (hehe like mine). I’m an ICE old schooler though. 220v is for the water heater/boiler for my in-slab heat.
So mandate these EV thingys all you want but they will be useless without fuel for power generation - especially in the darkest Dec days of the year.
YYSSW … 100,000 without power is insignificant … unless you do a simple math equation to calculate the percentage of the population that lost power there.
Ok … time for Wine (not whine) 😂

Canada has the ability to produce and significantly reduce more carbon output elsewhere in the world than the pittance that it can offset from within. By self-inflicting, Canada is the brunt of jokes from the wealth in oil producers world wide. We have become insignificant. The writing is on the wall when international media intake is now censored in Canada and when our Government has other world leaders reluctantly standing beside in those silly photo-ops. It’s hypocritical when importing overseas fossil fuel on the East Coast if thinking it’s better for the World this way. Perhaps just the way I am seeing it … perhaps not. 😂
Absolutely. According to the Canadian government’s own estimates Canadian energy production is currently 86% renewable. Why the hugely punitive taxation on what are necessities such as home heating and transportation of all types when the difference it is making can’t be even quantified relative to total global emissions? And of course it hurts those that can least afford it the most. No problem for those who work at jobs where they get indexed pensions for life after 8 years of a highly demanding job in which they actually have to work for almost half a year, lol .

Reactions: wdepipes and YFCvii
I would not mind an EV as my 3rd car.... I have a new Toyota Tacoma on order, but starting to consider F150 lightning instead. my next house will have a 19.2 kWh charger in the garage requiring a separate 100AMP circuit which is crazy as my current 8 year old 3000 sq ft house has 100amp total.
Doing a lot of new houses with 200amp panels with no guarantee that houses all can source it. I speculate a time when electricity will be charged at a higher rate depending on the time of day it is being drawn. Thinking a premium for when more than 100amps is drawn to. Technology for monitoring may be coming if not already here.

Porsche E - fuel allows one to keep their ICE vehicle and have it run carbon neutral thus avoiding future lithium battery replacement.

Electric vehicles are not the only way ahead.
Name one thing other than perhaps a tree that is truly carbon neutral. And what does that even mean? Word salad.

Doing a lot of new houses with 200amp panels with no guarantee that houses all can source it. I speculate a time when electricity will be charged at a higher rate depending on the time of day it is being drawn. Thinking a premium for when more than 100amps is drawn to. Technology for monitoring may be coming if not already here.
Time of day rate differentials have been in effect for a number of years now in numerous jurisdictions. Which can save you money if you use timers for an example or run your clothes dryer at night, or charge your car at night. As the load on the distribution grid inevitably increases, and many are pretty shaky as it is, I can foresee the off peak discounts being rescinded.

EVs would not be a big seller these past couple of days in parts of New Brunswick. 100,000 lost power and some going past 24 hours with out it now. All the portable generators came out (fossil fueled) to power Electric Heated only houses on my street there - however the power plants were not impacting for anything that would be 220v.
So no EV charging unless by a much larger generator (hehe like mine). I’m an ICE old schooler though. 220v is for the water heater/boiler for my in-slab heat.
So mandate these EV thingys all you want but they will be useless without fuel for power generation - especially in the darkest Dec days of the year.
YYSSW … 100,000 without power is insignificant … unless you do a simple math equation to calculate the percentage of the population that lost power there.
Ok … time for Wine (not whine) 😂
Makes me cringe to think what would have happened here in Yellowknife when 22,000 people were told to leave in the next day and a half on the only highway going south due to wildfires. There are now I believe three public chargers in Yellowknife . The next one is about 500 km down the road. What a joke.

Name one thing other than perhaps a tree that is truly carbon neutral. And what does that even mean? Word salad.
The fuel is made from CO2 out of the atmosphere; electrolysis is used to release water's H2 and then chemical reactions to create CH3OH.
Upon burning, the CO2 is sent back to the atmosphere from where it came initially and the rest is converted back to water thus being carbon neutral and clean.

The technology exists and works well.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Time of day rate differentials have been in effect for a number of years now in numerous jurisdictions. Which can save you money if you use timers for an example or run your clothes dryer at night, or charge your car at night. As the load on the distribution grid inevitably increases, and many are pretty shaky as it is, I can foresee the off peak discounts being rescinded.
It’s relative.
Electricity just costs less if being drawn when fewer are. Otherwise it’s the normal price. Quite frankly … noting saves me money on electricity than “not relying on it and keeping it turned off”. But it’s all relative to how I am seeing it of course.
On a good note … switching to All-LEDs in my house did help my power consumption and let there be light. 😇👍🏻

Sadly I am hearing Maritimers in need of heat are burning trees … only because their new heat pumps are not cutting it for warmth. Hard to blame them when it is Darker and Cooler in December.

I would not mind an EV as my 3rd car.... I have a new Toyota Tacoma on order, but starting to consider F150 lightning instead. my next house will have a 19.2 kWh charger in the garage requiring a separate 100AMP circuit which is crazy as my current 8 year old 3000 sq ft house has 100amp total.
Justin ... God luv ya !

Yea Im just in the process of upgrading my electrical service to 200 A as part of our major reno that will include a 1000 sq.ft. mega garage with a second floor

And I will be adding a 100 A pony panel in the garage.

Just finished digging the hole for the fresh grounding plate ... back in 62 when this house was built they had no idea how to bond a building :Banghead: or at least it was very under engineered.

But you wont find a Tesla here ... Hummer SUV all the way ;)

Oh and no that 14/2 you see is not the new ground wire :D

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
The fuel is made from CO2 out of the atmosphere; electrolysis is used to release water's H2 and then chemical reactions to create CH3OH.
Upon burning, the CO2 is sent back to the atmosphere from where it came initially and the rest is converted back to water thus being carbon neutral and clean.

The technology exists and works well.
You can"t get energy for no cost . Electrolytic processes require electricity which also does not appear out of thin air .

Reactions: wdepipes
Justin ... God luv ya !

Yea Im just in the process of upgrading my electrical service to 200 A as part of our major reno that will include a 1000 sq.ft. mega garage with a second floor

And I will be adding a 100 A pony panel in the garage.

Just finished digging the hole for the fresh grounding plate ... back in 62 when this house was built they had no idea how to bond a building :Banghead: or at least it was very under engineered.

But you wont find a Tesla here ... Hummer SUV all the way ;)

Oh and no that 14/2 you see is not the new ground wire :D
If you were to look you may see that your existing service entrance is " grounded " to your water line on the street side of your main water shutoff . I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I was an Electrical Contractor for 35 years , lol .

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
You can"t get energy for no cost . Electrolytic processes require electricity which also does not appear out of thin air .
This article explains more.
It’s carbon-neutral fuel made in a lab. The process works like this. Enormous filters suck carbon dioxide out of the air and separate it into its raw elements – carbon and oxygen. At the same time, an electrolysis station (powered by renewable energy, naturally) rips the hydrogen atoms from plain water.

The carbon and hydrogen gathered from these two processes can then be combined in the correct configuration to produce any combustible fuel you want, be it petrol, diesel or even kerosene for the aviation industry. Oxygen is the only waste product from the process and, currently, Porsche simply vents it to atmosphere. In effect, the plant works like a massive artificial tree – and the fuel it creates can be tipped into any compatible combustion vehicle without any modifications to its engine.

This article explains more.
It’s carbon-neutral fuel made in a lab. The process works like this. Enormous filters suck carbon dioxide out of the air and separate it into its raw elements – carbon and oxygen. At the same time, an electrolysis station (powered by renewable energy, naturally) rips the hydrogen atoms from plain water.

The carbon and hydrogen gathered from these two processes can then be combined in the correct configuration to produce any combustible fuel you want, be it petrol, diesel or even kerosene for the aviation industry. Oxygen is the only waste product from the process and, currently, Porsche simply vents it to atmosphere. In effect, the plant works like a massive artificial tree – and the fuel it creates can be tipped into any compatible combustion vehicle without any modifications to its engine.
Will there still be a clock you can set
for when you hit 88 mph? 😂👍🏻

Last edited:
If you were to look you may see that your existing service entrance is " grounded " to your water line on the street side of your main water shutoff . I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I was an Electrical Contractor for 35 years , lol .
Oh yes of course ..... bonded to the water meter pipe for sure ... only problem is that they used cloth covered 14 gauge 2 wire .... and because its a service upgrade we have to involve Toronto Hydro

Which means permits ... inspectors and the current ground would never pass inspection... here in Ontario the code states that # 6 wire is to be used and because I dont want to break my finished ceiling to get to the meter .... I decided to dig to China

And btw ... I love staying at Holiday Inns :D

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.