Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Ok my friends. I've decided that I'm sharing some Australia with you whether you read it or not. lol.... First off, did you know that after supper in South Australia, I pour myself a bourbon and come to the forum and there are like 67 visitors here.... 66 robots and 1 member..... me! obviously it's some Godforsaken wee hour of the morning in the northern hemisphere.

Anyhows.... this is a pretty kewl place. After the initial shock of 26 hours in airports and airplanes that is... or at least I think it was about that long.... I left Alberta Saturday morning and arrived here Tuesday afternoon.... and they tell me that was one full day of travel.... hmmmm....

The people here are super friendly.... all of them.... If only I could understand what they are saying.... I have never heard a people before that have a slang word for everything.... I apologize but right now I have no idea what any of it means....

There are very neat birds..... Magpies that are white and black.... (Alberta's are black and white...).... cockatiels by the hundreds.... others that I haven't figured out yet.... but they look like parrots and taste a bit like chicken.... and disappointingly, I have not seen a kangaroo yet.... other than the packages of BBQ meat in the Woolies. But be warned.... the roo meat you get there there is Bodgy (not that good)...

But they do have some pretty amazing history and scenery here..... And roads that our Corvettes would love to see on a regular basis ..... More to come but time for some sleep now......
here's a couple of pictures for anyone who is interested...and a short road clip with Brenda driving the rental.... of course on the wrong side of the road.... wrong side Nik..... Wrong side.... lol....

DSCN2397 - Copy.JPG
cockatiel.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Eric, glad you arrived in one piece, it is indeed a very long flight. We had more trouble adjusting to the time change on the way back but we did get to spend two New Years Eve's, one in Sydney the other in Hawaii, no one was enthused!

Great video although I think your Corvette would be too wide for that road!

Enjoy yourselves and thanks for the update, photos and video.:thumbs:

Excellent picks and video. The wife is always on me as we never visited for the two years my son was going to University there. Hey...you do know you are driving on the wrong side of the road don't you?

hahaha.... Graham.... those are really pictures of winter in Langley, BC...It only looks like Australia..... :rofl: It's near the end of their summer here.... but it doesn't even get as cold as your winter... I guess about 13 or so is average here for a winter day.... such a diverse country though you can go from that to cold and snow in Tasmania or hot as hell up north.....

here is the Australian magpie.... and another bird I have no idea what it is.... yet.... The magpie is sitting in what they call a gum tree. They are actually a gum eucalyptus tree but there are a lot of different varieties so they just say "gum" tree.... I thought they were all dying when I first saw them. They look like the bark has fallen or been stripped off ....

Aussie Magpie.jpg
hmmmm.jpg

Of course when you are in another country, one of the most important things is.... What kind of beer to drink.... Then as I was wandering through the bottle shop... (yup...slang).... I happened upon a box of tinnies... (more slang for can of beer)... my choice was easy as you will see below....

supercar beer.jpg

The Inside Garage boys are in Sydney. I do fly out of Sydney on my way back but my time there is pretty short for visiting. Next time.... lol... Caught this sweet looking and sounding Premier going by me in Adelaide. Didn't think I was going to have time to get a pic at all but he slowed down for a light.... It just sorta had that get up and go look to it..... Especially for a 4 door... That impressive rear rubber tends to give it away....

Premier.jpg

Having a good trip Murray. Thanks. Did the Fringe Festival in Adelaide city yesterday. Wow.... Lot of people, but some great buskers and sights to be seen. Off on the Great Ocean Road from Adelaide to Melbourne tomorrow. Should be a relaxed trip. Gave ourselves 5 days to drive it. Lots of stops I'm expecting.... I put some more pics up in a media album too... bit easier to post them there.... More to come....

Hope all is well and spring has made it to Halliburton .... or at least it's getting closer.... :)

Of course, being in another country, I tend to be pretty open minded to things, but as I was boarding a bus in downtown Adelaide yesterday, I couldn't help but wonder ...."How many people got on this bus and fell down here before they felt it necessary to start warning them that the seat was gone........

no seat .jpg

Is this one of those things that defy explanation Eric? Like the guy that used to be on the radio that said "and now you know the rest of the story". Is there actually a reason for the lack of a seat and the obviously important note that there is in fact "no seat"?:D

Great capture. Keep the pictures coming.:thumbs:

Howya goin' mates! Sheesh... even talking like one now.... Well... We are on the road.... headed from Adelaide to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road.... Have seen only one Corvette.... but it was a very sharp Millenniun Yellow C5.... unfortunately we were both going in different directions so no chat opportunity.... But did see my first possum and Koala bear today.... the possum was very friendly until he figured out that I didn't have food for him... the Koala didn't really care about whether I had food or not... he (or she) was 40 feet up in a eucalyptus tree....... And Kangaroos are becoming commonplace.... A little drive around at dusk and they are all over the place.... Interesting creature....just before dark they sit beside the road watching traffic..those little front feet sticking out almost like they are begging ... and just when you least expect it..... Kapowwwwwy..... They jump right out in front of your car..... we have learned in a hurry..... Do Not Drive After Dark!!..... It's a bit sad actually, the amount of wildlife road kill there is here....

And futhermore.... As much as Nik insists that the left side of the road, in a right hand drive vehicle is the proper way to drive, don't believe him for a second.... I have left permanent white knuckle grip marks in the steering wheel of this poor Toyota.... I have signaled my turn approximately 300 times so far with the windshield wipers.... much to the dismay of the rest of Australia.... or at least I think that's why they continuously blow the horn at me.... and Brenda has saved us from numerous head on collisions with her well timed screams of LEFT SIDE....LEFT SIDE....

Ok.... time to hit the fart sack.... lmao..... yes.... Aussie slang for going to bed..... Such a cultured country..... :confused:

Hope spring has come to all of Canada.... Or at least it comes by the time I get back..... hooroo ! (more slang)... here's a little cutie.... the local blokes say they taste like pork.... hmmmmm

koala.jpg

Is this one of those things that defy explanation Eric? Like the guy that used to be on the radio that said "and now you know the rest of the story". Is there actually a reason for the lack of a seat and the obviously important note that there is in fact "no seat"?:D

Great capture. Keep the pictures coming.:thumbs:
Sorry Murray.... yes. there is a reason for the missing seat. They have made room for people who get on the bus with a wheel chair... as for the reason for the no seat sign..... well..... that still befuddles me.....

Great trip write up Eric. Sad about all the beasties getting wiped out, I seem to recall that as well.

Wait till you get home and have to remember to drive on the other side again. No moments of confusion.

Drive careful, take lots of pictures and and enjoy.

Thanks for the wheelchair explanation, makes sense and I should have figured that out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.