Wooden it be better if you two did knot fight? It goes against the grain. Leaf the arguments to some other forum, branch out before you are rooted out and find yourselves sitting on a plank in the penalty box. Oakay?

ahhhhhhhh..... I wondered why it took you 31 minutes to respond fir a change Murray...Now I know.... Good post.... No wonder you are one of our most poplar members....

ahhhhhhhh..... I wondered why it took you 31 minutes to respond fir a change Murray...Now I know.... Good post.... No wonder you are one of our most poplar members....

Eric you are starting to teak me off.:Biggrin: I pine for the good old day when things were more civilized on here. Maple it is time to move on to the Pirus forum.

Showed the pictures to my son. He said it is tough to tell without touching the wood but he believes it is in fact teak. He said the grain look correct to him.

Be interesting to see what your restorer says. Please let us know.

Reactions: ddgermann
... I expect Spence @SN-III is just getting warmed up ...

:bear: Hey who w'oak me from hibernating :bigyawn: ... sorry if I sound a little rasp'y myself ... o_O

Sorry I'm only into structural wood threads so this is knot fir me.

However when it comes to finishing, all joints wood have to be done on my wheel so that they are knot seen.
As that nuisance joint I see in the picture at 12 o'clock wood actually annoy the hell out of me if it did knot stay exactly true to 12 o'clock when driving straight.
A knot-true wheel is also nothing butt a grain-in-the-ash when at the h'elm of a boat at full throttle on water like glass.

... so I guess I wood've been best to just leaf this with I'm just knot a fan of this wheel ...

Last edited:
Well my friends, I am going out on a limb here but at the risk of sounding knotty, I think it's clear cut that lumbering through this post has run it's mill So with that, lets spruce this up and allow an alder nat avenue of discussion to grow.....

I didn't mean to go across-the-grain and can't exactly peg it down as I thought we were awl square on topic
butt I guess we struck a cord and have to be clamped down as us rough-cuts just don't fall far from the girth.
So with another notch with the count on my posts I might as well be a sap and get back to sawn wood :bigyawn: until the next time I log in ...

:beaver: this is a dam fun thing to do :beaver:

... yup ... you guys sure are awl right man :thumbs: gettin this out in true CCF fashion before we get out together in our Corvettes ...
... last one in the wood shop please clean up and turn off the lights ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.