pig tail

my electric choke coil finally arrived a couple of days ago. i still needed a pig tail to connect it. this morning i went to a local wrecking yard and took a little trek through the snow. i found what i needed on an early 80's cutlass, and clipped it off-the guy wouldn't take anything for it. that is typical of many of the folks around here. 427 carl knows about this place through the poncho forum - lakefield auto wreckers on buckhorn road. :canada:

Pictures!:D

My Chevelle has an electric choke and it doesn't work with a lick. It's on a Holley Street Avenger 770. I have to have it backed off so far that my car won't run without playing with the throttle for the first few minutes. I tried tuning it once and had an old timer that knows carbs tune it as well. Both times the car would go to high idle any time I touched the gas so I was always kicking it down...I should just take the choke off of it so I can reduce the front end weight.:rofl:

Pictures!:D

My Chevelle has an electric choke and it doesn't work with a lick. It's on a Holley Street Avenger 770. I have to have it backed off so far that my car won't run without playing with the throttle for the first few minutes. I tried tuning it once and had an old timer that knows carbs tune it as well. Both times the car would go to high idle any time I touched the gas so I was always kicking it down...I should just take the choke off of it so I can reduce the front end weight.:rofl:

is the choke coming off too early riley ? where is it getting power from ? the holley i believe is a two terminal - power and ground. on the rochester it is one terminal and self grounding. picking up power will be the same for either though. i am powering mine by tapping in to the alternator exciter wire and using a 10 amp fusible link. the choke will only heat when the engine is running and the alternator is powered up. :D

Mine is grounding on acc power....but I better go recheck it...unless it's a manual choke and I'm on crack and thinking of one of my other vehicles.... I do that sometimes.:rofl:

I honestly don't think the choke is even set up to put the vehicle on high idle because if you set it up with the correct spacing, I always have to kick it down even when the engine is hot.

I'm running an Edelbrock with an electric choke and have had no issues with the way it functions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.