Totally agree but what are our options?
1712419149052.png

Maybe if everyone destroyed the ballot they's get the message? NOT! Egoists will claim it was rigged or something.

View attachment 122686
Maybe if everyone destroyed the ballot they's get the message? NOT! Egoists will claim it was rigged or something.
lol.... Reminds me of Jack Donald, previous owner of Parkand Industries (Fas Gas). Many years ago when gasoline was a lot cheaper that now, Jack Donald decided that he was raising the price of gas (pocket lining) and threatened the other companies that they better follow suit or else. The public went ballistic and called for everyone to boycott Fas gas stations. There might have been 3 or 4 people who actually did.

All destroying your ballot does is takes away your right to criticize the government. Be part of the solution and cast your vote. If Poilievre doesn't perform any better than Trudeau, punt him out after 4 years. That was the problem last election. Sandal after scandal after scandal and and the majority turned their heads the other way.

All destroying your ballot does is takes away your right to criticize the government.

No actually destroying your ballot counts as a vote, but it doesn't count for anyone. It sends a message. If 50% of the population voted and out of them only 30% were for anyone it tells all parties that they aren't liked. That includes the current government.

Canada needs to do what Ontario did to the Provincial Liberals. Absolutely devastate the Federal Liberal Party and the NDP. It amazes me that simultaneously Canada and the United States could have the absolute worst leaders possible. Both conniving, lying crooks looking after their own and their friends interests. If our potato lacks the ability to manage it only gets worse because those under him are equally incompetent and share the same dishonest traits. Masters of the cover up, protecting the party but no longer the country.

Change will only take place if we make them. If you get complacent you get what Toronto got, a leftist nit wit replacing another political hack who lacked any critical thinking skills. I have zero pity for the people in Toronto with what is happening to that once great place. They allowed it to happen, reap the benefits.

Canada needs to do what Ontario did to the Provincial Liberals. Absolutely devastate the Federal Liberal Party and the NDP.
Ontario did nothing. The liberals did it to themselves. Wynn was a complete and utter idiot. Selling off money generating assets etc. and she was replaced with an equal idiot. Only to put another idiot in with a majority once again. It was totally a case of "the best of two evils".

Reactions: Vettenut
No actually destroying your ballot counts as a vote, but it doesn't count for anyone. It sends a message. If 50% of the population voted and out of them only 30% were for anyone it tells all parties that they aren't liked. That includes the current government.
Yes. They are added to the tally of votes submitted, but otherwise mean nothing to anyone. Unless everyone destroyed their ballots it sends no message whatsoever. They are just rejected and don't necessarily mean dissatisfaction with anyone. Ballots get rejected for lots of reasons. You can write why you are destroying it right on the ballot but no one reads it. If you're going to destroy a ballot, stay home as all you're doing is wasting someone's time and making the voter turnout number look better than it actually is.

Yes. They are added to the tally of votes submitted, but otherwise mean nothing to anyone. Unless everyone destroyed their ballots it sends no message whatsoever. They are just rejected and don't necessarily mean dissatisfaction with anyone. Ballots get rejected for lots of reasons. You can write why you are destroying it right on the ballot but no one reads it. If you're going to destroy a ballot, stay home as all you're doing is wasting someone's time and making the voter turnout number look better than it actually is.
I don't agree at all. Politicians will see it and the more that do it, the stronger the message. Destroying your ballot is exercising your right to vote and you are stating you dislike them all. Is it better to vote for the "purple" party for example? That gives confidence to a party you really don't care about. Or do you vote for the lesser of two evils? Why tell them you agree with their platform? Again it just inflates their parties voter base. IMO if you don't agree with any of them then none of them deserve your vote.

I don't agree at all. Politicians will see it and the more that do it, the stronger the message. Destroying your ballot is exercising your right to vote and you are stating you dislike them all. Is it better to vote for the "purple" party for example? That gives confidence to a party you really don't care about. Or do you vote for the lesser of two evils? Why tell them you agree with their platform? Again it just inflates their parties voter base. IMO if you don't agree with any of them then none of them deserve your vote.

So true and like Murray said not voting is equal to giving each of them a vote

But does it matter who is in power anyway ? ..... Stuff like this will go on and on

These pics are at the corner of Islington and Queensway Iv been looking at these for over a year ... but I thought I'd snap a pic today to share as I was passing right by

Just a shining example of how our politicians ....at every level of government .... (and here in toronto we experience all 3 parties

Trudeau = Lib Ford = PC Olivia = NDP) ... so carefully look after the needs of the people :p

And in this case its our kids that pay the price

Thats ok...... just stick children in portables so they can roast in the summer and freeze in the winter

Notices like this should not exist .... Yet here they are

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • C4.jpg
    C4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • C5.jpg
    C5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Murray20c8
Not to mention the fact that ... let alone the schools ... but the TTC , hospitals , police and all other vital infrastructure can by no means handle this influx

But its ok ... as long as the developer can buy his next Rolls Royce and envelopes are freely flowing to the ward councillors and above .

Moreover good old Olivia whose party is for the " working class " has just sent out over 100,000 letters to people who forgot to declare their occupancy status of their own houses they live in ... telling them they have to pay thousands in Vacant home tax ... now these people have to go through an appeals process :p

If we cant even use our own properties the way we like without paying massive penalties ... how can we say we live in a totally free society ? Especially when governments do what they want whenever they want with absolutely no consequences.

I demand an investigation ! - Mortimer Duke ... Trading Places :p:p:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Chances are slim to none before next year especially with the current anti Liberal trends. Much like the Tories in the UK who've enjoyed unfettered rule for close to 14 years I suspect we're in for a bit of rotation of the guard. Just wonder what the competition will bring.
Pensions may have something to do with it. ;)

The last time I was a scrutineer at an election, we counted the few spoiled ballots and the number was logged. But I don't remember any news outlet reporting how many spoiled ballots there were. That is one failing of our election night reporting. Does Election Canada (or the provincial equivalent) report it or make the information available? If it is not reported, then it is a waste of time and effort.

The last time I was a scrutineer at an election, we counted the few spoiled ballots and the number was logged. But I don't remember any news outlet reporting how many spoiled ballots there were. That is one failing of our election night reporting. Does Election Canada (or the provincial equivalent) report it or make the information available? If it is not reported, then it is a waste of time and effort.
It's not my idea. It's been around forever. Number of voters are registered and reported. They have no idea who spoiled the ballot and votes only count for the people running obviously. So any who care could see that the difference. Of course as RRuuFF pointed out, ballots can be spoiled by accident as well, so it requires numbers to make any real difference.
What I like is if you hate them all, it's a way to say you voted so you can still bitch about the elected government! ;)

Yes of course they have the number of spoiled ballots ... somewhere ... I definitely remember hearing them mentioning it periodically while watching the returns on like CP24 ... widely publicised ? Not so much ...;)

Well I don't particularly like JT, and Poli has already said he can control everything himself much better than anyone else doing their jobs, such as the BOC.
Seems like we are between a rock and a hard place.
I'm all for peaceful and meaningful demonstrations. However when your demonstration drags in to days and weeks and affects other people's right to make a living and a little peace and quiet at night that is a bit too much. Some think that their way of thinking is the only way. That can easily be seen to the south of us.

There will always be abuse of the system by someone who has figured out how to game it. And that will be with any government.
Personal opinion is that many of the bureaucrats are sitting on their rear ends thinking how great a job they have rather than actually Vetting (what a great word) contracts that are submitted.
There are also a great many who do work at what they are paid for. Unfortunately not enough of them.
So just because we think we are right does not mean we are. Isn't that what discussions and conversations are all about.

Great points .... however isnt that the point of a demonstration ... to ruffle feathers .... if you get a group of protestors that sing their songs in a desolate corner of a park, the powers that be will just laugh at them . I stand firm with these types of protests as long as no one gets hurt . And isnt it the job of our elected officials work diligently to meet with these groups to find productive solutions ? But what does our commander in chief do ? Invoke the emergencies act , brand protesters as terrorists and seize bank accounts.
I have to agree fully with the remarks of the MPs in that vid.

Good friend of mine is a TTC guy .... local 113 just recently got their right to strike back ( which pretty much means nothing ) however their current collective agreement expired on Apr 1 2024 ... and to put it mildly the 2 sides couldnt be further apart in negotiations ... from wages to benefits to contract language
So expect the members of 113 to announce a strike very soon. But not to worry because Ford himself will legislate them back probably within 24 to 48 hours
He'll start working on the process of achieving royal ascent for their back to work legislation before they even walk off the job.

I stand firm with these types of protests as long as no one gets hurt . And isnt it the job of our elected officials work diligently to meet with these groups to find productive solutions ? But what does our commander in chief do ? Invoke the emergencies act , brand protesters as terrorists and seize bank accounts.
But they were hurting people!! That was more like domestic terrorism than anything else.
I'm all in favour of protests, but they must be done legally and without violence of ANY kind and without interfering on others right to live and work in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread