There is a local Car club here that is having it’s 3RD cruise of the year already..
They are obeying social distancing when they park. Two stalls apart away from each other, bring your own food/drink.,don’t share. Etc.
This weekend’s cruise will be a drive-only, no stops except for cheaper fuel up the Valley .
I see no harm here except this weekend they added a wrinkle... they are collecting cash and canned goods..for the Food Bank... this will require special handling to get it to the Food Bank without cross-contamination where they collect it and the truck they transport it in.
good intentions but another wrinkle.
I believe this is why they want everyone to stay home. Take NO risks.
I see no issue with a couple of cars heading out for a while.
The biggest struggle on a cruise would be washrooms.. pretty much all restaurants and facilities with washrooms are closed and the ones that are open may be questionable.
BYOB(ucket).
graham

Last edited:
The police issued a $200.00 fine to a lady in Pennsylvania the other day. They have a stay at home law. She was stopped for a tail light and asked where she was going she said just out for a drive to get out of the house. Wrong answer. Going to be a rough haul this summer.

• Sad
Reactions: Cariboocreek
From the government perspective, the reason they are discouraging driving as a pastime is the risk of an accident. They know we need to do it for our mental health but even if it is a single car incident, emergency responders will be required at the scene. The risk is low if only a few cars are out for a "Sunday drive" but if the government did not discourage it, then thousands of cars would be on the road for that Sunday drive, everyday. Accident rates go up and more responders required. People without the virus could be exposed to others with it, who don't know they have it - think paramedics and cops. The reverse is also a fact.

Before retiring in January, this was my job for 18 years. I managed a consulting company that helped large enterprises and government agencies prepare for the unexpected with business continuity plans (BCP) and emergency plans. One type of BCP is a pandemic plan that is based on a worst case scenario. We did a lot of that work for the Feds, Ontario and some large enterprises in 2004-2010 after SARS. Starting in 2011 the urgency diminished and the plans were not updated and exercised. We are seeing the result.

Last edited:
I just heard today but didn't catch where but said if you were out for a non essential drive and got into an accident your insurance is void. Guess its like when police put up a road closed sign and you ignore it insurance wont pay if you end up in a lake or something.
They even put a fire ban in our town on Friday. Some people are pissed at that but I totally get it. The firemen have enough on their plates without going out on calls for fires that could have been prevented. Some people only think of themselves.

Kerry4, not sure where you are in Ontario but fire bans are typical for April and May in eastern Ontario. The fall grass is bone dry and will ignite with a dirty look. Got my new Grand Sport on Saturday and sure hope I can sneak away for a few cliks this week. Might even be worth the risk of a ticket.

Reactions: kerry4 and 12cents
Kerry4, not sure where you are in Ontario but fire bans are typical for April and May in eastern Ontario. The fall grass is bone dry and will ignite with a dirty look. Got my new Grand Sport on Saturday and sure hope I can sneak away for a few cliks this week. Might even be worth the risk of a ticket.
I am in Woodstock southern Ontario. Its unusual to have a ban on backyard fire pits here but it has been a rather dry spring.

Vanguard ... If you get pulled over in ... say Kingston, tell them you are out for groceries...why should it matter where you go or what vehicle you use to go get them? :carbounce:

Reactions: eric61 and kerry4
Living in Ontario and being both a Corvette and motorcycle enthusiast if I'm not allowed to go for rides when the warm weather returns I'm not going to be happy.

Motorcycle drivers cannot reduce their insurance coverage/premiums in the winter months for their bike like we can for our cars. With motorcycles we pay a full years premium even though we can only ride for 4-5 months at best. To cancel your insurance outright will also incur financial penalty when you do place the insurance back on, so cancelling is not an option!

If the government prohibits pleasure motorcycle riders they better also prohibit the non-licensed and non-insured e-bikes and traditional bicyclists as well without exception. This can possibly get very messy.

So you're out in your Vette, enjoying a stress relieving Saturday drive, does a cop have the authority to pull you over and question why you're out driving?

........and before any nasty replies, I am a medical professional who has been and continues to practice social/physical distancing and self isolation due to the seriousness of this current pandemic. I just want to be able to take my Vette and motorcycle out for drives this summer! Ha ha

Reactions: V8!, Dik and Kanuck
So based on Premier Kenney’s address tonight current projections show the government projections show peak mid-May. Foresee easing stating end of May beginning of June. I’m crossing everything I can that this comes true.

then again in Alberta we can just wait until after the May long weekend snowfall! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Cobravenomous
Ontario 's "Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act"...............my nephew is a RCMP and he referred me to this.

This is interesting.......7.0.2. (4) 2.

I guess that it would give them the authority to limit/regulate motorcycles or even pleasure driving our Corvettes !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.