I think so Rruuff Day -Since there are ( for now) no 'rain' tires I think that PSS ZP are prob the better alternative out there. Still dont plan on driving in wet weather or close to freezing.

Actually Michelin released a new tire a year ago that is rated for the C6/C7. It's the AS3... It's an all season but last I heard, It wasn't available in a run flat and even if I wanted an all season tire, I don't want to carry around a jack or trust my car to just any tow truck.... Ran run flats on my previous vette as well and as much as some people diss them, I have never had a problem.... The Michelins run smooth... and they are quiet....

Just a quick note to everyone...... this appears to be a very active forum with like minded guys...... We should go out and buy a parcel of land and build our own 'car guys' community. I am a brand new member and certainly appreciate all feedback and experiences with these cars. Just because I have been a car guy my whole life, I don't pretend to know a lot about a car that I have owned for maybe 3 weeks and put 100kms on it. Grazie Mille Nuovi Amici....LOL

Siete i Benvenuti e Benvenuti qui sul Forum..... ;)

The Cup 2 are awesome tires and appropriate for the Z06/07 but they really are barely a street tire. I still have mine but got some Pilot Sport tires which are a much better "balance" between sticky performance and weather handling tires. The PZeros ate comparable. None of them are good this time of year. Below 10C forget it..... Get some winter tires or park the car. You're asking for trouble.....

Siete i Benvenuti e Benvenuti qui sul Forum..... ;)

Rruff Day..... I can only give you an A as opposed to an A+ on your response. Benvenuti addresses a group of people..... benvenuto address a single (male) person.... (for a female it would end in an a as opposed to an o) ...... And that concludes todays Italian lesson..... :)

Reactions: ddgermann
The Cup 2 are awesome tires and appropriate for the Z06/07 but they really are barely a street tire. I still have mine but got some Pilot Sport tires which are a much better "balance" between sticky performance and weather handling tires. The PZeros ate comparable. None of them are good this time of year. Below 10C forget it..... Get some winter tires or park the car. You're asking for trouble.....

Agreed. My MP Super Sport tires break loose cold so easy. That last October drive of the season heading to the winter Garage is always a fun one until I get the tires warmed up. 2nd and 3rd gear is like ice.

I really like the choice you made. I agree with Eric on the run flats too. I prefer them as well.

:thumbs:

Reactions: flyboy999
he Cup 2 are awesome tires and appropriate for the Z06/07 but they really are barely a street tire. I still have mine but got some Pilot Sport tires which are a much better "balance" between sticky performance and weather handling tires. The PZeros ate comparable. None of them are good this time of year. Below 10C forget it..... Get some winter tires or park the car. You're asking for trouble.....

thanks flyboy999.... Cup2's are off the car. Gonna try the stickiness out during the summer months.

Looks like you made a very good choice Paul. I took my Sport Cup 2s off before I picked up my car. California / Arizona tires.... Edmonton not so much. I put on Pilot Super Sports. A bit more forgiving on wet roads. Still slick on cold roads though.
I didn’t even know about these tires. Glad I asked... as now I have learned something new.

Are Michelin's Pilot Super Sport ZPs the best tires for the C7 Corvette?

Exactly what model of Corvette did you buy as the SC2s must have been a special order without the Z07 package. Does your car have carbon ceramic breaks too?

Love a good mystery. :Biggrin:

Derek

For those who may be interested.. ddgermann link to the SS ZP tires is a pretty good read

Reactions: flyboy999
Rruff Day..... I can only give you an A as opposed to an A+ on your response. Benvenuti addresses a group of people..... benvenuto address a single (male) person.... (for a female it would end in an a as opposed to an o) ...... And that concludes todays Italian lesson..... :)

Lmao.... I love other languages Paul but just know enough bastardized tourist words to totally confuse myself and others....lol....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.