Good to hear others are enjoying their cars!!! I absolutely love this Z06/07. It's better than I ever expected...... Kudos to GM. On Wednesday I fly from Stoon to Vancouver/Lions Bay and get to run the Viper out there for a few days.... I'm hoping all I see is rain ;)

Lions Bay to Whistler is a very nice summer run. Nice scenery..... guessing you like to open up the Viper when you get an opportunity.

Lions Bay to Whistler is a very nice summer run. Nice scenery..... guessing you like to open up the Viper when you get an opportunity.
Yep, I grew up there. Our house was built in 1967. One of the first homes in Lions Bay when all there was out there was a dirt road...no joke. I've got an S2000 and Aprilia RSV4 RF in the garage as well and love to embarrass guys in their Lambos and McLarens when given the opportunity ;) I drive into the Starbucks at Caufield Village every morning I'm out there at about 6am and have my fun when no one else is on the road......truly blessed....

I keep my garage at abt 7-10 degrees above 0. When I brought the car home I also took the original tires off and placed Michelins on them. Im hoping not to see any cracking, certainly dont want to be replacing rubber every year. Today turned out to be quite a nice day, no rain or snow and pretty clean streets with sun shining - but only abt 5 - 6 degrees. I took the car out for a quick run then back in garage.

Paul your car should have came with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run flat tires. What did you put on?

EE074E09-082F-49C5-A18B-39A8264FF47F.png

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread guys but as Paul is driving in the low temps we all know the factory Michelin’s are sketchy.

D

Paul your car should have came with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run flat tires. What did you put on?

ddgermann - I replaced the stock tires with Michelins Super Sport ZP. They are also a summer only tire and I certainly will not drive the car in snow, rain or temps below 5 degrees. They actually have a tread! So, if I should take the car out, as I did today, no rain, very decent roads and sunny, albeit a bit cold I personally feel way more comfortable than the stock tires.The stock tires, while great for stickiness and track don't do very well in any climate besides dry and prob best suited for weather in the 12 degree and higher range. I am noooo tire expert, just what I read and heard. I do have 3 cars which include an awd suv, but, if for what ever reason my wife is out with the suv and an emergency were to happen, (barring snow and heavy rain) I could use the vette. The other car is a 2 seater T-Bird vert which I placed storage insurance on it back in late October and is sitting on my lift. Next year, Vette shall have storage ins and I'll keep the (2002 had it since new) T-Bird insured as its been great in any weather. My thanks for your response. If I am off the mark with the Sport ZP let me know your thoughts. As I said, I am no tire expert, but the tire shop (while confirming summer only) did say that if I were to drive even in rain, and temps not at freezing, obviously respecting speed I will be OK. Stock run flats in crawl space.....

Reactions: ddgermann
ahhhhhhh..... that explains it Paul.... The Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the stock tire on almost all the C7 models ... weird if yours isn't a Z07 that it came with the Cup 2's. The PSS are better than the Cup 2 on cool and wet roads by a long shot but care is still required in cooler weather and rain with the PSS as well. They suck in snow (voice of experience when I tried to take it out of the garage for a minute). They will break loose easier to if the asphalt temp is below about 8 or 9 degrees but if you are aware and ready for it, that can be somewhat fun....I still would not want to expose the PSS to freezing temperatures and Michelin doesn't recommend it either...

Looks like you made a very good choice Paul. I took my Sport Cup 2s off before I picked up my car. California / Arizona tires.... Edmonton not so much. I put on Pilot Super Sports. A bit more forgiving on wet roads. Still slick on cold roads though.
I didn’t even know about these tires. Glad I asked... as now I have learned something new.

Are Michelin's Pilot Super Sport ZPs the best tires for the C7 Corvette?

Exactly what model of Corvette did you buy as the SC2s must have been a special order without the Z07 package. Does your car have carbon ceramic breaks too?

Love a good mystery. :Biggrin:

Derek

ahhhhhhh..... that explains it Paul.... The Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the stock tire on almost all the C7 models ... weird if yours isn't a Z07 that it came with the Cup 2's. The PSS are better than the Cup 2 on cool and wet roads by a long shot but care is still required in cooler weather and rain with the PSS as well. They suck in snow (voice of experience when I tried to take it out of the garage for a minute). They will break loose easier to if the asphalt temp is below about 8 or 9 degrees but if you are aware and ready for it, that can be somewhat fun....I still would not want to expose the PSS to freezing temperatures and Michelin doesn't recommend it either...

Definitely, Rruff Day... no hot dogging around in cooler or wet weather!

I have never owned a Corvette of any year until this Grand Sport as such I got a Vette that is pretty well equipped albeit I will never track the car. Might take it Mission Raceway and take it down the 1/4 mile a few times... heck why not.... LOL

It’s a beautiful car. The GS is often preferred over the Z06 for the power / suspension calibration in the handling.

Enjoy the hell out of it.

Just a quick note to everyone...... this appears to be a very active forum with like minded guys...... We should go out and buy a parcel of land and build our own 'car guys' community. I am a brand new member and certainly appreciate all feedback and experiences with these cars. Just because I have been a car guy my whole life, I don't pretend to know a lot about a car that I have owned for maybe 3 weeks and put 100kms on it. Grazie Mille Nuovi Amici....LOL

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.