Dec 3, 2014
Meadow Lake/Lions Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06/07 & NSX
It is performing almost as good as my STi.....no joke. There's no reason to park it

20171229_082816.jpg

Attachments

• 20171205_170951.jpg
    20171205_170951.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20171102_083857.jpg
    20171102_083857.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 69
  • 20171028_143825.jpg
    20171028_143825.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 66
  • 20171028_150708.jpg
    20171028_150708.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 59
20171229_082816-jpg.13525

Flyboy... You deserve an award... I'm just not exactly sure what for yet... Kudos on ya though...Congrats for putting on the smile miles at -33 and for making me drop my jaw so early in the morning... I gotta ask though.... Have you taken it out ice fishing yet? ;)

Haha...no ice fishing yet....but it certainly could be done. I've always read about how GM tests these cars in places like Finland, Norway, etc. during development, so I thought, "What the heck let's see how it does." I bought some knock off wheels from Cali, stickers for the center cap from eBay, and you wouldn't know they aren't the originals. I bought 19" all around instead of 19" and 20" because Nokian doesn' make the Hakkapeliitta in a 20". Plus, now I can just swap them front to back when they wear. Bought 285/35/19 instead of 285/30/19 which lifts the front to just over 6 inches of clearance. Two pan heaters from Amazon at 1000W and 150W stuck on the bottom of the car and routed through the brake duct. Chevy's app for command start and heated seats.....this car is a winter beast. I can't begin to explain how good it is on ice and packed snow. Leave it in auto and let the computers do the work....brilliant. Really.

The Vette's eLSD, A8, myChevrolete app, heated seats, carbon ceramic brakes, and somewhat normal tire sizes, make it the winner.... BUT, I own a home in Lions Bay, B.C., which is where the Viper is, and if I had to choose a weapon from Horseshoe Bay to Lions Bay in the Summer, hands down the Viper. It will kill the Vette Z06/07. The Vette in "Track" is like the Viper in "Street". The Viper in "Race" is a locked down race car....nobody touches it....ever...

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Wow, now that is something you don't see everyday. Those are some awesome tires you have installed. You are definately are getting your money's worth out of your Vette, good for you! How are the donut's with traction control off?

Wow, now that is something you don't see everyday. Those are some awesome tires you have installed. You are definately are getting your money's worth out of your Vette, good for you! How are the donut's with traction control off?
To be honest, I havent turned the traction control off.. I can drift the back end out a bit when I'm leaving the grocery store parking lot for a little giggle but other than that I like to stay pretty tame. It's just soooo easy to find yourself drifting into a curb etc. in these conditions. But again, I can't believe how planted the car is if you drive it with a little care.....just amazing. My STi has been sitting in the driveway for months.....I just use it to take the recycling to SARCAN :)

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm a soon to be noobie with an extreme cold weather question:
I'm about to have my newly purchased 2010 C6 shipped from a dealer in Regina where night time temp is -37. The dealer says fiberglass doesn't like these kind of temps and suggests waiting on shipping to Vancouver until things warm up a bit. The shipper [Kee West] hasn't set a date yet. How worried should I be about cold weather damage?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm a soon to be noobie with an extreme cold weather question:
I'm about to have my newly purchased 2010 C6 shipped from a dealer in Regina where night time temp is -37. The dealer says fiberglass doesn't like these kind of temps and suggests waiting on shipping to Vancouver until things warm up a bit. The shipper [Kee West] hasn't set a date yet. How worried should I be about cold weather damage?

I'm not an expert on this Canuckster but common sense and experience tells be that if you try to flex the glass at those temperatures, I would expect it to be less forgiving, but I ran snowmobiles (with Fibreglass hoods) for a lot of years and the only thing that suffered was my toes. We also store our fiberglass boats ountside all winter with no adverse effects that I've seen. There are lots of guys on the forum that cold storage their Vettes as well and I have never heard of any problems. If it has Michelin PSS or Cup 2 tires, cracked tires would be my biggest concern. It's also suppose to be considerably warmer starting Tuesday. If you're overly concerned, wait til then..

Reactions: vintageracer
I'm not an expert on this Canuckster but common sense and experience tells be that if you try to flex the glass at those temperatures, I would expect it to be less forgiving, but I ran snowmobiles (with Fibreglass hoods) for a lot of years and the only thing that suffered was my toes.

Good examples in your response Rruuff Day. I would not be overly concerned but I do have a question canuckster. Are you aware of any cracks currently in the fiberglass? Potentially if there are, and the vehicle is exposed to moisture and water and then it freezes between the cracks it may cause further damage. But, as Rruuff Day said, there are a lot of winter toys made from fiberglass. Enjoy the car.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Good examples in your response Rruuff Day. I would not be overly concerned but I do have a question canuckster. Are you aware of any cracks currently in the fiberglass? Potentially if there are, and the vehicle is exposed to moisture and water and then it freezes between the cracks it may cause further damage. But, as Rruuff Day said, there are a lot of winter toys made from fiberglass. Enjoy the car.

I agree that existing flaws could be an issue. Your biggest concern is probably tires. They'll be toast in these temps if they aren't snow tires. My Michelin Cup 2, Pilot Sports, and PZeros are all stored for the winter.

I agree that existing flaws could be an issue. Your biggest concern is probably tires. They'll be toast in these temps if they aren't snow tires. My Michelin Cup 2, Pilot Sports, and PZeros are all stored for the winter.

My Corvettes have all sat in an unheated garage every winter with no adverse effects on the body or interior.
The Michelin tires.... the jury is still out as one set did have cracks in the spring. My new Z is sitting now and I’m watching for cracks developing. If they crack.... that theory is proven. I have a new set of tires in warm storage just in case.
If they do.... it’s burn out time! :Biggrin:

Last edited:
My Corvettes have all sat in an unheated garage every winter with no adverse effects on the body or interior.
The Michelin tires.... the jury is still out as one set did have cracks in the spring. My new Z is sitting now and I’m watching for cracks developing. If they crack.... that theory is proven. I have a new set of tires I’m warm storage just in case.
If they do.... it’s burn out time! :Biggrin:

I keep my garage at abt 7-10 degrees above 0. When I brought the car home I also took the original tires off and placed Michelins on them. Im hoping not to see any cracking, certainly dont want to be replacing rubber every year. Today turned out to be quite a nice day, no rain or snow and pretty clean streets with sun shining - but only abt 5 - 6 degrees. I took the car out for a quick run then back in garage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.