There's a Stop Drive Clean petition online.

Take Action | Scrap Drive Clean.ca

Every step we can take may help. Be sure to scroll through the online version to read all the 'whereas'es. They sure sum up the problems with this fiasco. If you haven't been stung by the new electronic data testing system that came in on January 1st, you probably will be soon.

Even though we don't have it here I've signed a similar petition to have the MOE leave us folks with old cars alone. I think most lawn equipment polutes more in the summer than what little use our old car gets.
[mob][/mob]

For anyone who doesn't have a code reader, Parts Source has the INNOVA 3100 on sale this week for $99 (about half price).
An excellent reader which can also scan for emissions readiness.

At least one can check for readiness b4 going in for a test thereby saving a visit, time and money...........until this mess is sorted out and hopefully scrapped.

C.

Just got this email this morning:......
Maybe there is hope yet ................:canada:

On Monday, I presented the petition you submitted on ScrapDriveClean.ca in the Ontario Legislature. Like you, 1,500 other Ontarians are fed up with the recent changes to the Drive Clean program and agree that it should be scrapped. Too see the video, click here.

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concern. I will continue to work on your behalf to have the program phased out.

Did you know that up until the changes were made in January, 95% of vehicles in Ontario met the requirements for the emission test? Within two months of the new test being introduced, failure rates have doubled.

It’s clear that the new computerized emissions test is prone to errors and it doesn’t even assess tailpipe emissions.

The PCs are committed to phasing out the Drive Clean program. We recognize that both the fuel we use and the vehicles we drive are cleaner than they were when the program was implemented in the 1990s. The new emissions test has caused numerous “false fails,” which has created unwarranted economic hardship and stress on people like you.

Please refer ScrapDriveClean.ca to your family and friends and encourage them to sign our online petition calling for the end of the Drive Clean program.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me by email or at 416-325-3130.

Sincerely,

Michael Harris, MPP
Kitchener-Conestoga
PC Environment Critic

Got the same letter yesterday, Brian.....seems there is hope that the present program at least may be scrapped hopefully in the near future.

There's contact info on that letter you posted in case anyone needs it.
The more sigs on the petition the better.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.