Did you install your bezel yourself? Wondering how complex of a job this is...........

I think it would look good in my black exterior and grey interior.

VA.

Manny did the install on gauge cluster bezel. Looks awesome too. I did the on my chrome starter switch all by myself though. :D

They look wicked. Is the chrome starter switch just something that snaps on overtop the existing switch?

No. You have to pull out the right lower corner of the cluster bezel enough to remove the old switch and install the new one. It's not too difficult.

Thinking too much can get expensive. I am seriously thinking of getting the brakes done this year, and going with red calipers. Then I start thinking does it make sense to upgrade my 17/18 wheels to 18/19, or possibly 18 all around? Now I'm looking at new wheels, tires and probably bigger brakes.

My head hurts.

Thinking too much can get expensive. I am seriously thinking of getting the brakes done this year, and going with red calipers. Then I start thinking does it make sense to upgrade my 17/18 wheels to 18/19, or possibly 18 all around? Now I'm looking at new wheels, tires and probably bigger brakes.

My head hurts.

The wheels, tires and brakes would be a great investment Wayne . It's a very secure feeling knowing that you have top notch brakes and tires and that you can stop on a dime if need be ...

For upgrades I guess I am a cheapskate. Our car came with the silver painted rims. We picked up a take off set of rims and tires in the polished version for less than a thousand dollars so that was good enough for us, especially considering what a new set of tires alone cost. I have the unit for reprogramming the valve stem sensors so that is no problem when switching back and forth. Going to the wide body rear quarters, rims and tires was more than we were willing to spend although it would look pretty nice. If I were going to spend money, I would be more interested in upgrading the rear differential and perhaps urethane bushings to firm up the suspension and get rid of driveline shake.

Last edited:
Ideas are now a bit more solid, thinking C6 Z06 brakes
c6-2002.jpg

new tires
15053_.jpg

and 18/19 wheel combo.
ace-slick-c814c-lg.jpg

but not these unless I get a Canada Grant
p43sc-500x500.png

Also want to play around with a bit with 3Ms Di-Noc. If it doesn't look good (I'm sure I can rely on people here for input) it can be removed.

Everything stated above is subject to change

serious???

I think a 383/high speed stall/4:56 gears would be just the ticket.

no need for another motor, Wayne .. the LT-1 I have is all but brand new. Just need to beef up the trans. Should be good for about 400 to the wheels. 4:56's are too steep. The 3:07's I have will do.

I didn't think you'd notice my post.......:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.