May 11, 2013
Bowmanville
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51'93 Trans Am
Province
ON
Out of curiosity who has their C7 and if so when did they order it? I put my name and deposit down in May. I finally got the correct order number today and called GM. They told me there was no build date scheduled yet but to try back in a couple of weeks.

Ordered mine in late June (maybe July, can't remember exactly). Car was built the week of Jan 6th and I have my VIN now. It will be delivered in a few weeks and the dealer will put it in the showroom behind a rope until I take it at the end of March.

My bet is your dealer doesn't have the allocation for your car. I would call them because they should know when they expect to get it. My dealer was in constant touch with the regional GM person and knew about a month before they expected to get my allocation. It happened exactly as they predicted it would... I wouldn't call GM, I would call your dealer.

we have delivered 7 new stingray's still have 1 on order and i agree with gthal it sounds like your dealer doesn't have the allocation...if you don't mind me asking what options did you order

I seem to get mixed messages about these allocations. My dealer has 7 allocations. And I know they have allocations because they are one of the biggest car dealers in the west. We get all the top models and rare versions of cars. Including a premiere edition stingray. But I've talked to their sales manager who does the ordering and having the allocations doesn't mean they can order anytime. Chevy still has to call on them and let them know, hey we have a spot for you to order now. And then they can use their allocation. They can't give me an approximate date for my car because they say they don't know when they can put in orders. They've gotten about 4 stingrays delivered so far and mine is #6. So it sounds like he is in my position with similar dealer info.

I seem to get mixed messages about these allocations. My dealer has 7 allocations. And I know they have allocations because they are one of the biggest car dealers in the west. We get all the top models and rare versions of cars. Including a premiere edition stingray. But I've talked to their sales manager who does the ordering and having the allocations doesn't mean they can order anytime. Chevy still has to call on them and let them know, hey we have a spot for you to order now. And then they can use their allocation. They can't give me an approximate date for my car because they say they don't know when they can put in orders. They've gotten about 4 stingrays delivered so far and mine is #6. So it sounds like he is in my position with similar dealer info.

My understanding is that GM staggers when the allocations might be available. A dealer will know they are getting, say, 8 allocations for the 2014 model but those allocations are given over time. So, as you say, they may be getting and allocation but they don't have it yet.

I tried but I guess I can't get one where I live. Sucks, really wanted a C7.

I guess what I'm trying to say is my local dealer must not even have 1 allocation or it is spoken for. Disappointing since I have about 85% of the money waiting.

Last edited:
I tried but I guess I can't get one where I live. Sucks, really wanted a C7.

I guess what I'm trying to say is my local dealer must not even have 1 allocation or it is spoken for. Disappointing since I have about 85% of the money waiting.

It sucks how few cars are coming to Canada let alone out east? My understanding is that dealers here (even larger ones) are only getting 1 car, if any. My dealer could probably sell 15 or more if they had the allocations... unfortunately they one have 1 (mine) and that is really unfortunate.

My bet is the availability opens up for 2015 for those willing to wait a bit. Did you check with all of the Chev dealers in the province?

Last edited:
1LT - NO options
Ordered Nov 5th - shipped Jan 10 - dealer Jan 15
Bill Spencer Chevrolet - Cobourg ON - 1 allocation for 2014
Decent deal - freight waived - free tint & plates

Last edited by a moderator:
It sucks how few cars are coming to Canada let alone out east? My understanding is that dealers here (even larger ones) are only getting 1 car, if any. My dealer could probably sell 15 or more if they had the allocations... unfortunately they one have 1 (mine) and that is really unfortunate.

My bet is the availability opens up for 2015 for those willing to wait a bit. Did you check with all of the Chev dealers in the province?

Yeah the allocations for dealers in Canada is so low. I'm not complaining too much however, as that means our cars will be more rare once we have them. But still...

Sherwood Park Chevy is the #1 dealer in the west and they got 13. My dealer is quite large for Canada and got 7. Most others in Edmonton/Calgary got 1-3. Souther BC I can see getting an ok number in the okanagon and Vancouver area, Saskatchewan/Manitoba I cant see many at all. I imagine the GTA, Ottawa and Montreal areas got a decent amount. Other than that, not many places with high allocations in Canada.

Meanwhile, the worst dealers in the USA have like 20 allocations and the bigger guys have thousands.

I think Jack Carter in Calgary had about 17 if I recall correctly. I would have thought Shagannapi in Calgary had quite a few as well.

Hi everyone,

I went to Roy Foss Chevrolet in Woodbridge, ON today to inquire about a 2015 Z51 3LT and was told about a 18-24 month wait time... Is this right? Anyone been told similar timeframe from other dealers in GTA?

This might be a typical situation with most dealers depending on expected allocation and their waiting lists. Darryl is a member here and works at Foss and I can't speak highly enough of him as he helped me out a great deal in my search for a Z06 with nothing to gain. Knowing what type of allocation numbers a dealer is expecting and whether they are in a position to commit one to you is key and cannot be stressed enough. I believe Wilson Niblet got 15 allocations for spring summer delivery last week and you might check there; they may be gone Already however.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.