Ok Murray I would easily pay for a 98 993 series 911 as they are the last year of the air cooled 911s but are horrible as daily drivers or more than weekend cars. That's now a collector car and appreciating.

But 99 to 05 I would gladly run fast away from...
Well, like I said, it depends on what one is looking for. Some want a Porsche for its nameplate. Some want it for it's looks and what they can afford. I don't want one. Never did. I was just saying they can be had.

Welcome to the forum! I personally would have dropped the other extras for a 2LT, but it's what you want so congrats! Are you going to track it? The performance seats are "restrictive" from what I've heard.
Aside from the odd track day or driving in the twisties I’ll be short trip driving for the most part. I’ve been on a couple long drives with the g2 and the comp seat and preferred the comp but my build is more slight. I can’t believe Bill Spencer had so many unused allocations, they told me in October and November they had only z51 allocations and had to submit a few orders to their dealership because everyone on their list passed up

Reactions: Murray20c8
Murray, what do you think the average yearly maintenance costs would be on a 15 year old 911?
I know its not a 911 but a buddy of mine has a 2000 Ferrari Convertible (of some kind) and he just had the 48000kms service done on it. The bill was just under $14K and the check engine light came on a week after he brought it home. He figures that will be $2k min to diagnose and repair.

I know its not a 911 but a buddy of mine has a 2000 Ferrari Convertible (of some kind) and he just had the 48000kms service done on it. The bill was just under $14K and the check engine light came on a week after he brought it home. He figures that will be $2k min to diagnose and repair.
My local GM dealer made a sale of a Corvette to a former Ferrari owner. He sold it when the owner found out it would cost $14K to change the muffler.
They look nice but the dealer has you by the short and curly with little to no options to price compare with another dealer. Dealer are far apart whereas you can get at least basic service for a GM product in any large city and sometimes several options.

Reactions: 12cents and DenisC8
My business partner bought himself a brand new Ferrari Portofino last Summer.
He hit a deer at 60 km/hr with the front corner about 3 months ago.
No engine damage.
No frame damage.
Strictly body part replacements, all by Ferrari.
$160,000.00 in repairs.
I still haven't heard how the deer made out.
Oh Dear! LOL that repair was dear!
I'd hazard to guess it costs the deer a bruise or 2. I saw a deer get hit by a car about that rate of speed and the deer simply ran away.

Used 911s and new ones are simply way too expensive. That's one marque that will and has started to feel the squeeze of the current market
New 911s can be ordered as low as 130k base (which is well equipped as is) and a couple year old one for 10-15% less of msrp. A high spec C8 can hit 130-140k easy. With the 2024 increase doors open now for alot of other choices from Porsche, Lotus, BMW, and more.

yep, base 911 cabriolet is the same range as z06/e-Ray HTC

140k for a base 911 cabriolet will have more features standard than a 1LT Z06 or Eray. Chevy dropped the ball when it came to base prices of Z06 and ERay. They may appear low but dont even have common features found is Civics such as heated seats, parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, memory seating, etc. 2LZ should have been the standard trim level for Z06/Eray. i looked at 22 orders for 2024 Z06 and 18 were 3lz and 4 were 2lz. Makes sense i cant imagine someone spending over 150k on a car to not have basic functions found in a 25k car.

Its like the 1LT Stingray at 90k the price may seem low to comps but in reality compared to other higher end vehicles their price is not much more when you consider the standard features or potential awd. C8 was more of a bargain when it was 68-75k where the gap was huge to potential competitive options.

140k for a base 911 cabriolet will have more features standard than a 1LT Z06 or Eray. Chevy dropped the ball when it came to base prices of Z06 and ERay. They may appear low but dont even have common features found is Civics such as heated seats, parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, memory seating, etc. 2LZ should have been the standard trim level for Z06/Eray. i looked at 22 orders for 2024 Z06 and 18 were 3lz and 4 were 2lz. Makes sense i cant imagine someone spending over 150k on a car to not have basic functions found in a 25k car.

Its like the 1LT Stingray at 90k the price may seem low to comps but in reality compared to other higher end vehicles their price is not much more when you consider the standard features or potential awd. C8 was more of a bargain when it was 68-75k where the gap was huge to potential competitive options.
Devil is in the details...

In what planet can you get a base 911 Cabriolet for $140k? You receive a base 379hp motor (which I have owned in the past) and you are comparing it to a hand built 5.5L Flat Plane Crank V8 with 670hp?

I'm one of the guys who ordered a 1LZ Z06. Smart move as I don't need heated seats in the summer. Look at all the standard features...you'd be surprised as to what is standard compared to a 2LZ/3LZ and the 911:

Brembo brakes (you don't get good brakes until you go Carrera S...$$$)
Performance Exhaust (base Carrera exhaust is quiet)
10-speaker bose stereo
HD Rear mirror vision camera
Black Optics interior Package
Magnetic Ride
8-way power seat (if you want anything more than 4-way on the 911 then $$$)
Heads up display (don't believe that's available in 911)
Lane keep assist with Lane departure warning
Rear Park Assist sensors (that would be parking sensors right?)

1703345588751.png

I disagree that 911 has more standard features, Porsche is notorious for Nickel and Diming every single option...

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.