Attachments

• 343261899_970970167604879_4300496393284234155_n - Copy.jpg
    343261899_970970167604879_4300496393284234155_n - Copy.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 0
I've heard you can't get all the fluid out of it.
The C8 came from factory with 11 liters of transmission fluid. When I got the car I added the 2 extra liters that was recommended although I never tracked the car. While doing the drain and fill I removed 10 liters of fluid. As was mentioned there is still 2 liters of fluid in the DCT that can't be removed. That means I am missing 1 liter of fluid that I believe was drained out by a technician at GM when I took the car in to get the DCT canister filter replaced last year. They never performed the service (as they said they needed to keep the car overnight) but the technician spent 2 hours in the back with the car on the hoist. He wasn't qualified enough to perform the transmission service (the head technician was on vacation). Would you guys suggest that I put 1 more liter in?

Reactions: Murray20c8
The C8 came from factory with 11 liters of transmission fluid. When I got the car I added the 2 extra liters that was recommended although I never tracked the car. While doing the drain and fill I removed 10 liters of fluid. As was mentioned there is still 2 liters of fluid in the DCT that can't be removed. That means I am missing 1 liter of fluid that I believe was drained out by a technician at GM when I took the car in to get the DCT canister filter replaced last year. They never performed the service (as they said they needed to keep the car overnight) but the technician spent 2 hours in the back with the car on the hoist. He wasn't qualified enough to perform the transmission service (the head technician was on vacation). Would you guys suggest that I put 1 more liter in?
Ya, that makes sense. If he didn't know you added the extra 2 he may think it was over filled and never topped it up when he replaced he canister. But I bet he charged you for it!
If you are not going to track the car then why bother with the extra.

Reactions: manofwar
Ya, that makes sense. If he didn't know you added the extra 2 he may think it was over filled and never topped it up when he replaced he canister. But I bet he charged you for it!
If you are not going to track the car then why bother with the extra.
Sorry, but isn't the 2 extra litres to be added only if you track the car?
I can't imagine it being a problem (although I'm no mechanic), but right now his car is sitting with 1 litre more than it came from the factory.

Sorry, but isn't the 2 extra litres to be added only if you track the car?
I can't imagine it being a problem (although I'm no mechanic), but right now his car is sitting with 1 litre more than it came from the factory.
I think it was a cost saving measure by GM, but ya, it's only required if you track the car. It can't hurt to add it though. I didn't and won't.