Aug 24, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2021 c8 corvette
Province
ON
Coming up to 12,000Km on the 2021 C8 and wanted to perform the Canister Filter replacement and a drain and fill. Called up some dealers today to get my 10 liters and was given ridiculous prices from Georgetown GM$70.00 to Gateway Brampton $46.00 per liter. Was wondering if anyone had some leads to cheaper prices.

• Wow
Reactions: Bunny hop
Coming up to 12,000Km on the 2021 C8 and wanted to perform the Canister Filter replacement and a drain and fill. Called up some dealers today to get my 10 liters and was given ridiculous prices from Georgetown GM$70.00 to Gateway Brampton $46.00 per liter. Was wondering if anyone had some leads to cheaper prices.
Why do you want to replace the fluid? Are you at 3 years?
I paid 49.53 for a liter at Williamsons

Yes Im at 3 years and near to 12km.
Murray I know you know a lot about C8's and I have 2 choices here and would like your opinion. I can either order the fluid from Summit and it would cost $460.00 CAD including the oil, delivery, taxes and duty but not knowing if I am going to get outdated/expired stock. The other option is go to Brampton and buy the 10 liters for $530.00. I was also reading somewhere in the forms that the fill will normally take 9.5 liters. Does this include the 2 extra liters?

Yes Im at 3 years and near to 12km.
Murray I know you know a lot about C8's and I have 2 choices here and would like your opinion. I can either order the fluid from Summit and it would cost $460.00 CAD including the oil, delivery, taxes and duty but not knowing if I am going to get outdated/expired stock. The other option is go to Brampton and buy the 10 liters for $530.00. I was also reading somewhere in the forms that the fill will normally take 9.5 liters. Does this include the 2 extra liters?
Since the oil is hermetically sealed I doubt it would go bad in three years in a container. I'd buy it from sumit. Have you called gmpartsdepot? They sell for deep discounts. I believe 9.5 liters is stock. 11.5 if you want to track your car.

I have changed mine twice now and both times it only took 8.5 quarts with the filter change. Added the extra 2 quarts after that. I didn't think Canadian dealers shipped fluids - I could not get it shipped from mygmparts.ca.

I have changed mine twice now and both times it only took 8.5 quarts with the filter change. Added the extra 2 quarts after that. I didn't think Canadian dealers shipped fluids - I could not get it shipped from mygmparts.ca.
I just ordered 10 Liters should be here within 2 to 3 days......I saved $100.00

Attachments

• Oil Price.jpg
    Oil Price.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Bunny hop
You don't want to know. I called a well know dealer in St. Catherines, they said $1158. I laughed at them. The told me the filter was $305 and 4 hours labour. I told them I bought my first filter for $149 and paid for 2.5 hours labour. We parted ways...

You don't want to know. I called a well know dealer in St. Catherines, they said $1158. I laughed at them. The told me the filter was $305 and 4 hours labour. I told them I bought my first filter for $149 and paid for 2.5 hours labour. We parted ways...
Sorry maybe I should have been more specific on my question. The filter change I had done last year $1000.00. This year I am coming up to the 3 year mark and believe I have to change all the fluid in transmission. Has anyone had the complete change yet?

Williamsons in Uxbridge charges $150 / hour for labour, $250 for the filter and 49.53 per quart of fluid.
They charged me 3.5 hours labour to change the filter and top up the fluid.
I can only guess what the fluid change would cost, but it shouldn't be much longer to dump and add fluid!
However I always default to dealers are scum bags so ... LOL
Sorry maybe I should have been more specific on my question. The filter change I had done last year $1000.00. This year I am coming up to the 3 year mark and believe I have to change all the fluid in transmission. Has anyone had the complete change yet?
Was that with tax Sam? (rounded up to 1K). I paid 938.24 with tax.

I thought the first oil/filter change was paid by GM at 12000 kms?

Edit: Call around so you don't have to rely on random's from the internet...
Sam is in Uxbridge as I am. We have little choice unless we want to drive 20 to 30 kms away and even then they likely charge the same.

Williamsons in Uxbridge charges $150 / hour for labour, $250 for the filter and 49.53 per quart of fluid.
They charged me 3.5 hours labour to change the filter and top up the fluid.
I can only guess what the fluid change would cost, but it shouldn't be much longer to dump and add fluid!
However I always default to dealers are scum bags so ... LOL

Was that with tax Sam? (rounded up to 1K). I paid 938.24 with tax.
Yes that was a roundup paid $921.64 with tax at Spencer’s.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Sam is in Uxbridge as I am. We have little choice unless we want to drive 20 to 30 kms away and even then they likely charge the same.
Won’t use dealers service dept in town unless it’s an emergency and I have no choice. They left a bad taste when they tried to sell me European formula Mobil one for an oil change.