This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question Custom Exhaust in Calgary

pd64

Casual User
Aug 14, 2018
Alberta Canada
VetteCoins
Car
C3
Looking to have 2.5” dual exhaust installed from stock manifold to Flowmaster 50’s that I have.
Was quoted around $1400 for the pipe material and labour. Seems a bit high to me I was thinking more around $1k. Just wondering if anyone has had work done in the last few years and what they paid. Thanks

Hey pd64,

I had an exhaust done on mine at Shawnee Automotive (use to be called minute muffler shawnee). I had a custom dual 2.5” installed with an H pipe but supplied magnaflo mufflers and some vibrant resonators. I had it done in 4 stages and I think it cost around $1000, maybe a little more however I kept making them rip out sections they had done already due to custom parts I was installing. I’d definitly give them a call to get an idea for pricing. They have very honest and trustworthy owners. They also do amazing allignments (if you need one).

Just to update this thread I had this work done at Minute Muffler on 17th Ave SE & 52nd St. They were recommended by Western Corvette.
Nice job and reasonable price. Great attention to detail. The Flowmaster Delta 50’s are on the mellow side and that’s what I was wanting.

Attachments

• EEFCDB4C-2CE4-49AF-9CA0-9EDBA0C50D2F.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 94CC350B-4087-4980-90EA-04A5A227C5FA.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 42
Did you just replace the mufflers? Is the rest of your system stock? Year/Engine? Any drone? Thanks!

Is there any Drone?? I want louder than stock, old muscle car type sounds, not too loud and definetley NO drone! Thanks!! Jim
No no drone at all and a bit louder than stock. As they break in they are sounding better. The 50’s are probably want you’d want from Flowmaster. I also had them add a crossover which also mellows it out a bit more.
ETA: I see you have a C6 this is on a 1976 C3 so probably a completely different application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Messner
Thanks - just trying to figure out what to change mufflers (only) too and where to get it done at.

Reactions: pd64