This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

currently looking to purchase c6

Feb 8, 2011
Surrey, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2009 z06
hey, I am currently looking to buy a c6 (prefer coupe but don't mind vert) and I will be actively resarching after the long weekend. Is there anything that I need to be careful when I am looking for these cars?

hey, I am currently looking to buy a c6 (prefer coupe but don't mind vert) and I will be actively resarching after the long weekend. Is there anything that I need to be careful when I am looking for these cars?

Look for an 06 and up . The 05 C6 have a few issues like weak rear diffs and if you are looking for an auto the 05 is only a 4spd carry over form the C5.

Nothing wrong with the LS2 but if you have the funds, an LS3 (starting in 08) is a great engine as well! All pretty easy to modify if you wish to increase the HP!

so I am looking for a 07 3LT coupe in red (not my color but I am buying PO car so..) 6spd with nav for 29500 and the car has 65000kms on it. I am willing to purchase after testdrive. U guys think the price is fair?

I saw few vettes over the week and they all looked fine. One common thing/charactorastic that I found out: there was a bit of ticking noise comming from engine (defenelty not the valve lift noise though) it sounds more like GDI ticking noise.. Is that normal?

If the engine is cold, some noise would be normal, however, as the engines warm up and the piston expand in the bores, the ticking should go away.

I would like to say thankyou all for helping me out. As it is a big purchase for me it is not easy decision. Today I saw 08 red with 71000kms on it. It is a base model that does not have premium speakers or not even HUD... asking 30k and he is willing to do 28500 and I am ready to handover the money within 18hours lol.. Is it a fair deal? only concern I have is.. it was imported from US. I test drove it and it drove perfect except for little noise comming from the t-top.

I seldom even look at the HUD. As for the Bose speakers, they aren't anything superb to listen to. Not bad but definitely would not be a deal breaker for me. You can always upgrade the stereo system later. Never buy a car with any obvious problems. You could find enough afterwards without starting out with some. The '08 looks good compared to prices posted on KIJIJI.