Feb 8, 2011
Surrey, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2009 z06
hey, I am currently looking to buy a c6 (prefer coupe but don't mind vert) and I will be actively resarching after the long weekend. Is there anything that I need to be careful when I am looking for these cars?

hey, I am currently looking to buy a c6 (prefer coupe but don't mind vert) and I will be actively resarching after the long weekend. Is there anything that I need to be careful when I am looking for these cars?

Look for an 06 and up . The 05 C6 have a few issues like weak rear diffs and if you are looking for an auto the 05 is only a 4spd carry over form the C5.

so I am looking for a 07 3LT coupe in red (not my color but I am buying PO car so..) 6spd with nav for 29500 and the car has 65000kms on it. I am willing to purchase after testdrive. U guys think the price is fair?

I saw few vettes over the week and they all looked fine. One common thing/charactorastic that I found out: there was a bit of ticking noise comming from engine (defenelty not the valve lift noise though) it sounds more like GDI ticking noise.. Is that normal?

I would like to say thankyou all for helping me out. As it is a big purchase for me it is not easy decision. Today I saw 08 red with 71000kms on it. It is a base model that does not have premium speakers or not even HUD... asking 30k and he is willing to do 28500 and I am ready to handover the money within 18hours lol.. Is it a fair deal? only concern I have is.. it was imported from US. I test drove it and it drove perfect except for little noise comming from the t-top.

I seldom even look at the HUD. As for the Bose speakers, they aren't anything superb to listen to. Not bad but definitely would not be a deal breaker for me. You can always upgrade the stereo system later. Never buy a car with any obvious problems. You could find enough afterwards without starting out with some. The '08 looks good compared to prices posted on KIJIJI.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.