RIP
You're a Regular King of the Post You're Liked 2 You're 10
Jul 15, 2012
Fairview, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06
Good afternoon,

On my way back from swimmign with my son I stopped off at WalMart and as I was paying fo rmy things noticed a car magazine with a nice yellow car on the cover that I thought must have been the new C7.

And it was. I never know that they had stayed with a 6.2 liter of a new generation nor that the car weighed 3300 lb which was more than I was expecting.

But the real interesting article was the ZR1 vs. 2014 Viper. Both had identical 0-60 times (3.4 sec) and 1/4 mile times (11.4 sec) but they took them to a track (forgot the name, Leguna Seca maybe??) and the ZR1 had a faster lap time by 2 seconds.

Nice to know that a 6 year old GM platform can crush Dodge's brand new top of the line sports car, and for $10,000 US less to boot! 2 seconds per lap is a huge, huge difference for cars that hp wise are twins.

My hats off to the GM engineers once again for being so far ahead of the game.........

Cheers,

Garry

I understand that the Corvette is all new underneath. All have the aluminum frame for 2014. Not much in common with the C6. Two seconds would put quite a distance between the two cars at the speeds they would be going.

Got it. Read it. Very good issue. It just proves how bad a** the C6's are.I'm hoping to see some comparisons of the C7 against the competition.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I watched a comparison on youtube. The driver also noted that the ZR1 was much easier to drive than the Viper and the Viper took a lot more effort to drive quickly and the suspension was much harsher. In the end he set the record for the fastest lap of a production car with the Corvette....didn't someone post that video on this forum???

SRT Viper GTS vs Chevrolet Corvette ZR1! - Head 2 Head Episode 24 - YouTube

Got it. Read it. Very good issue. It just proves how bad a** the C6's are.I'm hoping to see some comparisons of the C7 against the competition.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, can't wait to see some numbers on the C7.. With more ponies and torque it should prove to be about the same performance as the C6 since it's slightly heavier.
We'll see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.