Are these rolling off the line without heated seats or steering wheels? What happened to that situation?
I would think these cars will get built and even shipped to dealers. When the heated seat/steering wheel modules come in, they will be forward to the dealers so they can just plug them in. Other part shortages could necessitate an extended Christmas holiday though?

Yeah I am just wondering cause mine was scheduled for the week of the 22 this month.

Curious to see if I am affected by the parts delays or what the deal is, there was some news about it on the forums and then it kinda went quiet for the last week or so....

Yeah I am just wondering cause mine was scheduled for the week of the 22 this month.

Curious to see if I am affected by the parts delays or what the deal is, there was some news about it on the forums and then it kinda went quiet for the last week or so....
If your TPW is 11/22 check with the museum to see if you have a VIN & that should give you a good idea of what day it will be built. I’m the same TPW, I just went to status 3400 on Wed & also got my vin, mine should be built on 11/22

I would think these cars will get built and even shipped to dealers. When the heated seat/steering wheel modules come in, they will be forward to the dealers so they can just plug them in.
That's what the dealers were told I believe, but who knows how many cars they wanted to do that with. The DCT issues and semiconductors may also have something to do with it all. Only one source really knows and they ain't sayin! ;)

I’m at 3400, 11/22 same as you
Nice, congrats. Seems like alot of the fall Canadian allocations are getting the 11/22 TPW... I think I may start a separate thread to track everyone with this TPW which would help give us an idea of when our C8s will ship out as they'll likely be shipping the Canadian orders at the same time.

Veterans day no production

1636737333946.png

Nice, congrats. Seems like alot of the fall Canadian allocations are getting the 11/22 TPW... I think I may start a separate thread to track everyone with this TPW which would help give us an idea of when our C8s will ship out as they'll likely be shipping the Canadian orders at the same time.
Just heard back from museum my TPW is for Nov 29

Cool good idea !!

Also got my TPW of 11/22 , hope I can get her home before the salt begins
What info does your vin access? Day of the week it’s built?

Also got my TPW of 11/22 , hope I can get her home before the salt begins
What info does your vin access? Day of the week it’s built?

Congrats! Here's from a posting I made in another Forum, which explains how to use your VIN to try and determine when your C8 will get manufactured. Hopefully it will help you out:

To figure out when your vehicle will be produced, it usually starts with a TPW but keep in mind that means "TARGET Production Week" so it's an educated guess on when it's likely to be produced and that can change based upon many factors, such as COVID-induced delays. If the production is flowing along smoothly after you get a TPW (2 shifts; about 184/day on average) then you should be close to that TPW. You'll get a TPW when your vehicle is far enough along the process and has been sequenced for production. As you move closer to your week, you'll get a VIN. That's when you can really slot your likely production day into Murray's chart, by looking at your VIN's last digits and comparing it to the numbers on the chart. So for example, looking at the last released daily production numbers, the week of November 8/21 started with the VIN having the last digits 6099 and that week saw 738 C8's rolled off the assembly line (6099 + 738 left the last car that week a VIN of 6836) with no production on November 10th due to Veteran's Day (4 days instead of 5 @ ~184/day = 736 + no more actually produced over the expected 184/day average = 738 as noted on the chart, with the last day of the week-Friday-producing only 182 to pull the numbers down back to the expected daily average). So you see that numbers change based upon the known daily production numbers.

If your VIN provided is *************6746, that would put you about smack-dab in the middle of the Friday November 12 expected numbers, meaning your car was likely produced around the middle of that day. Hope this helps and I'm sure that Murray will jump in if I've screwed up the explanation. Let the *nail-biting begin!

*Nail-biting: a common affliction for hopeful/soon-to-be C8 owners itching to get behind the wheel of their much-anticipated new car...

Reactions: ShawnC8
Congrats! Here's from a posting I made in another Forum, which explains how to use your VIN to try and determine when your C8 will get manufactured. Hopefully it will help you out:

meaning your car was likely produced around the middle of that day.
I think you mean to say ........ the VIN tag gets rivited to the dashboard, and broadcast sheets (build sheets) are ready to attach to numerous parts of the unassembled unit.
If the system (assembly line) is running smooth, do you know how long it takes from the onset until the car is fired up & driven off the end of the line?
(It's likely 2-3 days / 4-6 eight hr shifts. I've seen how slow the line at bga rolls). Therefore, a car is actually "produced" mon, tues and wed (eg).
If a build date can be establihed thru vin, or any other numbered sequence, that date would be the "onset", and not the date the unit was fired up and driven off the line.
Hope this helps.

p.s. just about every car /truck out there is a dreaded "friday car", or a "monday car". Some are both.
If a unit starts late Thursday (onset). Guess what? It gets partially built friday. More gets done Monday, and it rolls off tuesday.

Again. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ShawnC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.